[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
ACP -> XenPorta -> Blocks -> RecentNews

Then select your news source forum and press save.

Now you can promote threads in that forum
That's for automatic promotions of threads. If you don't want automatic promotions, you need to set it to "unspecified"

For manual promotions, you need to set usergroup permissions, specifically "Can promote threads"

That's a shame, and I hope you'll reconsider. I (and probably other people) would like to move to 1.2 ASAP, even in beta. I'm interested in some of your other addons like XenCarta, but I'm a bit concerned about how long it would take to get 1.2 compatibility. So getting it to 1.2 now would be a big plus in any plugin I'm looking at.

What kinda sense would it make to release an Addon for a Beta when there will be changes in the Core Product itself during the Beta Stages?
This is doubled work for a Coder also if you keep in mind that xenPorta is free Product!

And asking all the Time for the Final 1.2 doesnt even makes it better, since the DEV´s do (just guess) ignore "Questions" like that.
It´s like Kids are asking all the Time " When will we be there"

Stating to be concerned or not wont make it faster.
Be happy with what you have and be happy to have such a great Community and also great Developers

Last edited:
What kinda sense would it make to release an Addon for a Beta when there will be changes in the Core Product itself during the Beta Stages?
This is doubled work for a Coder also if you keep in mind that xenPorta is free Product!

And asking all the Time for the Final 1.2 doesnt even makes it better, since the DEV´s do (just guess) ignore "Questions" like that.

Be happy with what you have and be happy to have such a great Community and also great Developers

I won't lie, I'd like to see a release for XF 1.2 before final as well. At this point I can't see them just scrapping everything and rewriting all their changes. Being a developer (Java) myself I've found in some cases it's easier to keep up with changes as they're made rather than waiting for the final release of something and having everything thrown in your face.

While it is still up to the developer (@Jaxel) to do so and I will respect his decision regardless of his choice, it would be nice to be able to move over to 1.2 with a working XenPorta installation.

Anyone know how to create a TeamSpeak3 block and stop images appearing like this

IGHbBEV.png

When posting an image, I would like it to appear as it would when looking at it in the thread.

Last edited:

Given the fact that the author has released many addons which may or may not need updating to 1.2, only updating them once 1.2 is officially out will be a daunting task.

That's for automatic promotions of threads. If you don't want automatic promotions, you need to set it to "unspecified"

For manual promotions, you need to set usergroup permissions, specifically "Can promote threads"

I set the automatic promotions to one forum, but I want to promote other forums threads, too. Can I do that? Also, I have already set the usergroup permissions "can promote threads" to yes.

ACP -> XenPorta -> Blocks -> RecentNews

Then select your news source forum and press save.

Now you can promote threads in that forum

I think this method is for automatic promotions, but I want to promote other forums other than the targeted forum, is this possible?

I set the automatic promotions to one forum, but I want to promote other forums threads, too. Can I do that? Also, I have already set the usergroup permissions "can promote threads" to yes.
Yes, you should be able to promote any thread if you have set this permission to Allow. Just open up a thread and you'll see the Promote button at the top right of the thread.

Yes, you should be able to promote any thread if you have set this permission to Allow. Just open up a thread and you'll see the Promote button at the top right of the thread.
nope, just nothing, no button at all. That's way I am so confused. I have double checked the permissions, all set to Allow

nope, just nothing, no button at all. That's way I am so confused. I have double checked the permissions, all set to Allow
Are you sure you haven't got a Never permission set for "can promote threads" in one of your usergroups?

I can't see any other reason for not having a Promote Thread button at the top right of a thread (from within the thread itself, that it) except for permissions if you've got the Recent News block enable and placed it on the Portal Page.

What version of XenPorta are you running? What version of Xenforo?

Are you sure you haven't got a Never permission set for "can promote threads" in one of your usergroups?

I can't see any other reason for not having a Promote Thread button at the top right of a thread (from within the thread itself, that it) except for permissions if you've got the Recent News block enable and placed it on the Portal Page.

What version of XenPorta are you running? What version of Xenforo?

I am so sure that all permissions are set to Allow. I do have the Recent News block enabled and placed it on the portal page. Is that the reason I cannot see the button???

the newest version of XenPorta, and the newest version of Xenforo 1.x, haven't tried 1.2.x yet.

I am so sure that all permissions are set to Allow. I do have the Recent News block enabled and placed it on the portal page. Is that the reason I cannot see the button???

the newest version of XenPorta, and the newest version of Xenforo 1.x, haven't tried 1.2.x yet.
It sounds like everything is as it should be and if you're using the current version of xenforo, then that rules out any issues with the beta. All I can think of is it's a permissions issue, or possibly a conflict with another add-on (or maybe theme related but probably unlikely).

If you would like me to take a look (I'd need admin access) then start a conversation with me.

Has anyone found a quick fix for the Twitter Block problem? I'm guessing Twitter updated their API or something, & now nothing shows in the box.

Hey I'm happy it's free and all. But it would seem like standard practice would be to make sure your app worked with beta versions. Beta means it's feature complete, so any additional changes to final should be minimal. Part of the reason for releasing beta at all is to allow third party developers to update their products before the official release.

Otherwise what will happen is that when 1.2 comes out, then you've essentially just broken it for people using your app.

Hey I'm happy it's free and all. But it would seem like standard practice would be to make sure your app worked with beta versions. Beta means it's feature complete, so any additional changes to final should be minimal. Part of the reason for releasing beta at all is to allow third party developers to update their products before the official release.

Otherwise what will happen is that when 1.2 comes out, then you've essentially just broken it for people using your app.

Your expecting a lot from a free product during a beta phase, not to mention your assuming Jaxel will update it at all as he has already stated his plans to focus on his paid add-ons. xF 1.2 is still beta, not even RC yet. A lot of coding can still change. There are paid mods that are broke, those should come first.

Your expecting a lot from a free product during a beta phase, not to mention your assuming Jaxel will update it at all as he has already stated his plans to focus on his paid add-ons. xF 1.2 is still beta, not even RC yet. A lot of coding can still change. There are paid mods that are broke, those should come first.

Plenty of other mods, both free and paid, have been updated to be 1.2 compatible.

I'm not complaining here. I just think Jaxel would be better off if he addressed 1.2 before final release. This is especially so because of the large number of desirable feature in 1.2 are going to make lots of people want to upgrade as soon as possible.

But for a lot of us those paid mods are desirable because of the way they fit with XenPorta.

But for a lot of us those paid mods are desirable because of the way they fit with XenPorta.

Never said they weren't, my point was he shouldn't be expecting so much out of a free mod, more so during a beta phase. If it is that important to him, then he should hire a programmer to fix it.

Jaxel already stated he has no plans to even begin to look at mods until 1.2 final is released. xenPorta is a free service, when he gets to it, if he gets to it at all is up to him and people should respect that, more so while the core of the product is in a unsupported stage itself. Also if I recall, before 1.2 beta was even live here. He announced his plans to no longer continue to support or update his free mods. So that is why I say, if he even updates it at all.

It's simple, if xenPorta is that important to you, don't upgrade yet.

Never said they weren't, my point was he shouldn't be expecting so much out of a free mod, more so during a beta phase. If it is that important to him, then he should hire a programmer to fix it.

Jaxel already stated he has no plans to even begin to look at mods until 1.2 final is released. xenPorta is a free service, when he gets to it, if he gets to it at all is up to him and people should respect that, more so while the core of the product is in a unsupported stage itself.

I'm with you about @Jaxel he is a very generous coder. He freely shares his mods and until recently wasn't charging for almost all his mods. I'd prefer for him to charge for XenPorta because I'm trying to set it up on my site and am struggling in bits. I would be happy to pay for it if I could get some help with a few minor modifications.

Top Bottom