[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Attempted to update to 1.5.8 will cause this error
Template titles must be unique. The specified title is already in use.

Uninstall and reinstall cause the same error

If it was anything like my issue that was due to XenPorta leaving behind some of it's block templates and because of that when you go to install another version it kind of freaks out over it.

If it was anything like my issue that was due to XenPorta leaving behind some of it's block templates and because of that when you go to install another version it kind of freaks out over it.
Removed all the tables EWRxxx on the database.
Found some modified Xenporta templates that left behind after uninstallation.
reupload the files.

Still same error.

Xenporta 1.5.8 is working perfectly fine with Xenforo 1.2 Beta

Uncheck index controlled in xenporta options
Goto Options -> Basic Board Information --> Index Page Route
Enter portal/ and save

Now your portal will be homepage and forum will be domain.com/forums
If you want to change your forums into something else then do the following

Goto Router Filters
Create New Filter
In Find Route Enter forums/
In Replace With Enter desired redirect ex: community/

Thats it!
This caused the problem with going to the individual forums.

I create a filter that takes forums/ to forum/
When I want to go to an individual forum where the link is now domain/forum/8/, it will change to domain/8/ and result in page not found errors.

What I like to do is to have Xenporta on the home and the forum section goes to forum/ but the individual forum links should be forums/ID/

Removed all the tables EWRxxx on the database.
Found some modified Xenporta templates that left behind after uninstallation.
reupload the files.

Still same error.
@Jaxel
I just noticed a problem with this addon. Upon uninstallation, you still leave this template in the Master style
EWRblock_Facebook.css

This caused problems with uninstallation and reinstallation. You will see this error "
Template titles must be unique. The specified title is already in use."
This happens with 1.5.7 and 1.5.8 version.

Took me a while to figure out that I need to turn debug on and find/delete it.

The issue I specifically get when I tested it happened to be the follow error whenever I attempted to make a new thread anywhere in my forum. So sadly it is not exactly usable for me right now.

Code:
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() must be of the type array, none given, called in /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php on line 441 and defined - library/EWRporta/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php:5

#0 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/EWRporta/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(5): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/var/www/test.l...', 5, Array)
#1 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php(441): EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave()
#2 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1397): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave()
#3 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(676): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#4 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(335): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread()
#5 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Yes, I have a different error that some other members posted a couple pages back.
So sadly, we would have to wait for 1.2 release by Jaxel.

What do I do with this message:
The following error occurred:
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-29 at 9.41.10 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2013-06-29 at 9.41.10 AM.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Hello, I couldn't find the link for promoting threats to the portal. I have tried anything named "edit", there is one on each forum's threat lists, just before the replies total, and another one is on each thread post. Do I miss any?

Hello, I couldn't find the link for promoting threats to the portal. I have tried anything named "edit", there is one on each forum's threat lists, just before the replies total, and another one is on each thread post. Do I miss any?

Make sure you have permissions to promote threads, you can only promote threads from forums you have specified, press the green 'Promote Thread' button at the top right hand corner of your thread.

Which wont happen until 1.2 gets officially released... I haven't even touched the betas.
That's a shame, and I hope you'll reconsider. I (and probably other people) would like to move to 1.2 ASAP, even in beta. I'm interested in some of your other addons like XenCarta, but I'm a bit concerned about how long it would take to get 1.2 compatibility. So getting it to 1.2 now would be a big plus in any plugin I'm looking at.

Make sure you have permissions to promote threads, you can only promote threads from forums you have specified, press the green 'Promote Thread' button at the top right hand corner of your thread.
what do you mean by "you can only promote threads from forums you have specified"? I did edit the permissions.

Could you screenshot the button's postion for me ?thanks. I still couldn't find the button, maybe style problem? I am using soft response right now.

Last edited:
what do you mean by "you can only promote threads from forums you have specified"? I did edit the permissions.

ACP -> XenPorta -> Blocks -> RecentNews

Then select your news source forum and press save.

Now you can promote threads in that forum

Top Bottom