[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
How do we build a raw/html block ?
They are already included in XenPorta.

library > EWRporta > Block > Option
RawHyperText1, RawHyperText2, RawHyperText3, RawHyperText4, RawHyperText5

Just install one of the blocks. You can then edit it from the ACP to add your HTML/CSS.

Thank you Martok.
I was using 1.5.6
trying to upgrade to 1.5.8
When running addon-EWRporta.xml to upgrade, I got this message :

Error
  • The required template has not been found
  • Please enter a valid titl

Do i need to uninstall the Addon before setting up the new version ?

Last edited:
When I log in as administrator, News Portal did show listing for me but not for other members.

Why Portal disappeared after log in??
n9g2.jpg

I had an old version of XenPorta installed. Now trying to install 1.5.8, but I get the error:
Code:
The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file.
I had deleted all EWRPorta objects from js and library directories, and dropped all EWRPorta tables.
I have XenForo 1.1.5
(I tried using the xml file on the server as well as the one in the 1.5.8 zipfile.)

I had an old version of XenPorta installed. Now trying to install 1.5.8, but I get the error:
Code:
The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file.
I had deleted all EWRPorta objects from js and library directories, and dropped all EWRPorta tables.
I have XenForo 1.1.5
(I tried using the xml file on the server as well as the one in the 1.5.8 zipfile.)
Did you uninstall your old version of XenPorta from the ACP first before doing this?

Are you sure you're using the addon-EWRporta.xml file?

Did you uninstall your old version of XenPorta from the ACP first before doing this?

Are you sure you're using the addon-EWRporta.xml file?
It's not listed in Installed Add-ons. Don't remember if I uninstalled using the GUI first, could be I started by removing the files and tables :s
I am using the addon-EWRporta.xml file.

Hi folks. I am a little stuck. Currently I am in the process of designing my site however I have hit a brick wall and I am unsure what to do. Either it's me being incredibly slow and dull/idiotic or I am completely missing something. Upon logging in, my homepage (designed via XenPorta) is visible and working correctly. However upon logging out, my home page is completely blank. See images below.

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.
Configure the permissions for usergroups in ACP (xenPorta permissions).

Salud2

I'm going to re-install hits to see if I can get categories to work and if so I'll donate.

Hi folks. I am a little stuck. Currently I am in the process of designing my site however I have hit a brick wall and I am unsure what to do. Either it's me being incredibly slow and dull/idiotic or I am completely missing something. Upon logging in, my homepage (designed via XenPorta) is visible and working correctly. However upon logging out, my home page is completely blank. See images below.

2 possible reasons. Either you need to set permissions for not logged in users or you need to make attatchements visible to all usergroups.

@Jaxel
@anyone

I'd like to be able to add a second category to my articles. Is it possible to just make a Categories2 block? I want the new block to work exactly the same as the categories block. Does anyone know how to achieve this?

It may be you configured it via the per-user settings, at "Customize this Page"
/portal/blocks
(which would be logged in)

instead of via the ACP at:
/admin.php?ewrporta/layouts/portal/edit
(which would be logged out)

Well that didn't pan out so well. Got this error when merging two threads in Xenforo Beta 2.1

Server Error
Declaration of EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() should be compatible with that of XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave()

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  2. XenForo_Autoloader::autoload() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  3. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 911
  4. XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 435
  5. XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 2012
  6. XenForo_DataWriter::create() in XenForo/Model/Thread.php at line 1992
  7. XenForo_Model_Thread->mergeThreads() in XenForo/Model/InlineMod/Thread.php at line 773
  8. XenForo_Model_InlineMod_Thread->mergeThreads() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Thread.php at line 294
  9. XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Thread->actionMerge() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 335
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in blahblah/index.php at line 13

Yeah. That was the problem. Thanks.

However, another problem I have come accross (again, I don't know whether it is to do with the software or it is just me being slow) however upon clicking a thread that is in the RecentFeatures block, the block appears in the comment section. The original thread is above and the RecentFeatures is on my homepage. It has no need to be their. See attached:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have a layout created for "article"? If not, then create one and remove the RecentFeatures block from it.

Is there a way to build a sitemap that adheres to Google News sitemap standards for all the posts marked for a special category?

For example, on our site, the articles marked 'VoiCE' (category) on XenPorta are all news articles and we want to submit a sitemap of all the articles that go into this category.

Top Bottom