[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Also something seems wrong here. The corners should all be lined up and the "Continue Reading" button should have no background. How can I fix this?
XenPorta1.webp
XenPorta2.webp

How can I remove my site name from the top of XenPorta?
ACP > XenPorta > Options > tick the option "Break Out of Content Container"

Also something seems wrong here. The corners should all be lined up and the "Continue Reading" button should have no background. How can I fix this?
View attachment 50969
View attachment 50970
Not sure about the corners lining up, I can't really tell what's going on with that screenshot. Maybe post one showing more of the Portal page?

As for the button, it does have a background. Earlier versions of XenPorta it didn't, it was just a link but later versions changed it to look like this.

I cant seem to add anything to the layout: http://screencast.com/t/ab4CWmLC
Eventhough all the blocks are active, my porta home page is blank for some reason. Am I missing something?

Also, im not sure what these options actually do: http://screencast.com/t/plQfMUMP6t
Is it something that can easily be changed in the future or is it best to set now because it will controll how links show up?

BTW, when gettign the brand free version, woudl i need to uninstall everything and install a different version or is it a quick setting to chnage?

Thanks!

Does anyone have the Donations block working with 1.5.8?

We have it working, mostly, but clicking on the {sum} value (e.g. We've received $90.00 of our monthly goal of $140.) gives an error, as whatever underlying page used to be created from data in the database, is no longer there.

The twitter feed block is showing nothing, even with the default query of "#soulcalibur OR #soulcaliburv OR #8wayrun -RT".

Last edited:
I cant seem to add anything to the layout: http://screencast.com/t/ab4CWmLC
Eventhough all the blocks are active, my porta home page is blank for some reason. Am I missing something?
Your screenshot shows all of your blocks disabled. Are you saying you can't drag the blocks to the relevant positions in the layout? If not, what happens when you try? Do they just not drag at all, do they drag and then bounce back to the disabled blocks section or something else?

Also, im not sure what these options actually do: http://screencast.com/t/plQfMUMP6t
Is it something that can easily be changed in the future or is it best to set now because it will controll how links show up?
Those are for creating additional layouts on different pages. You can read a bit about it here:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenporta-user-guide-and-faq.28303/#post-330167

I've got two layouts, one for my front page and a second one for my forums page (which essentially just shows the forums in the main part of the page and replicates the XenPorta blocks from the front page in the sidebar). Easiest thing is for you to experiment with these, you don't have to get it set from the start.[/quote]

Just wondering... In regards to XF 1.2 and a Final / Stable Release... is this currently supporting the latest 1.2 Beta 5 ? or the upcoming Release Candidate... More importantly will this support ? XF 1.2 with the latest xenPorta doanload available or will we be waiting for a new update (and if so when is this planned ???)

Regards, Darren

Just wondering... In regards to XF 1.2 and a Final / Stable Release... is this currently supporting the latest 1.2 Beta 5 ? or the upcoming Release Candidate... More importantly will this support ? XF 1.2 with the latest xenPorta doanload available or will we be waiting for a new update (and if so when is this planned ???)

Regards, Darren

I would not recommend updating to XenForo 1.2 until XenPorta and XenUtiles are updated to match it. 1.2 is a huge change to everything, and there is a reason why its called BETA.

Which wont happen until 1.2 gets officially released... I haven't even touched the betas.

I have said specifically that XenPorta is not designed for 1.2... especially since its a BETA.

Same problem here, brand new Xenforo 1.1.5 with XenPorta 1.5.8 install. Twitter block is empty, and the "current" donation link gets a page not found error. Any help would be appreciated!

Same problem here, brand new Xenforo 1.1.5 with XenPorta 1.5.8 install. Twitter block is empty, and the "current" donation link gets a page not found error. Any help would be appreciated!
Finally someone else speaking up about the Donation block issue!
I know I read in the release notes from Jaxel a while ago something about the blocks being made legacy, however I thought it had said they'd still function, and simply sat in a different sub-folder for the addon. However for the life of me I can't find any resources regarding why the donation tally hyperlink would stop working.

Your screenshot shows all of your blocks disabled. Are you saying you can't drag the blocks to the relevant positions in the layout? If not, what happens when you try? Do they just not drag at all, do they drag and then bounce back to the disabled blocks section or something else?

Those are for creating additional layouts on different pages. You can read a bit about it here:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenporta-user-guide-and-faq.28303/#post-330167

I've got two layouts, one for my front page and a second one for my forums page (which essentially just shows the forums in the main part of the page and replicates the XenPorta blocks from the front page in the sidebar). Easiest thing is for you to experiment with these, you don't have to get it set from the start.
[/quote]

Sorry, I guess the first thing I should have mentioned is that im running the xenforo 1.2 beta. That is probably why things wont work for me and the blocks are not dragable:(

Thank you for the link to block details. I will familiarize myself with those until this mod is undated to 1.2 and i can start using it.

Anyone Twitter Block working?
I use #word1 OR #word2 OR word3 -RT
But i dont get anything displayed

Edit: Why is "Thread Status: Not open for further replies." CSS not working in Article View? CSS Template is added within the Code but´s not showing.

Unbenannt.webp

Last edited:
I installed xenporta and I am having a small problem.

I want the portal to be in the home page of the website and that is working...but I want the user to select "forums" from the nav, and go to the forum list, without any portal. Now I am getting the portal and then after the portal, the list of forums...

I want / to have the portal layout and /forums/ to present the list of forums...

Last edited:
Top Bottom