[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
True, Jaxel has pulled the donation widget out of the most recent product and pulled/ changed most of the reasonable methods out for bringing one in. Which many people miss since it WAS declared in the feature set of his earlier versions. And that's a problem - it's an extremely important feature to be dropping I've used the HTML block while I decide if I even want to continue with Xenporta. The money spent is nothing compared to the time wasted.

IRonically, a tweak of Jaxel's code would alleviate this issue of the very popular Donation Manager(David Hood's) WORKING on pages with sidebars, just not in forum view. I'd think a site owner wanting to maximize their donations is analogous to a developer wanting to sell downloads of their product.:unsure: Throwing money at another developer just exacerbates the problem - we don't need 100 developers working on building around the same issue. Well, ok, maybe those developers do. But still, it may make work for another 100 developers but it also gives rise to 100+ site owners who think the original product might be one to move away from. I think it's a great product regardless.:cool:

Last edited:
I new and current issue - I feel ripped off, there doesn't seem to be any way to have a donation module on my forum with Xenporta. What am I to tell my donators?
No donation widget?
You're feeling ripped off because this addon which has NEVER claimed to have a donation widget... doesn't have a donation widget?

Xenporta is advertised as having a donations widget. I already have a donation add-on(Donations Manager) that was working fine. Xenporta 1.7a doesn't work with it nor does it have a donations widget of it's own.

Plug-ins sounds like Wordpress speak. lol?
Firstly, XP2 has never advertised as having a donations widget. Secondly, you mention XP1; which did have a donations widget, which was removed over two YEARS agos because APIs changed and I didn't have time to keep the widget up to date. Thirdly, you're talking about XP1 in a support thread for XP2, a different addon. Fourthly, how can you feel ripped off when XP1 is FREE. And finally... this is a widget framework; widgets are plugins.

pulled/ changed most of the reasonable methods out for bringing one in.

IRonically, a tweak of Jaxel's code would alleviate this issue of the very popular Donation Manager(David Hood's) WORKING on pages with sidebars, just not in forum view.
There is nothing in the code that prevents creating a widget for a donation manager. All someone needs to do is make it.

Is it the fault ? The uppercase ? If yes a solution to change it in data base ?
Rename the table with the uppercase?

Is there any way to get the articles view to have the first article span 100% and the remainder be 50%? Basically I want the newest article to be "featured" by having spanning the entire width of the container and then have the rest of the articles underneath it in a duel column style. Is this possible? I tried with the following css but it didn't work out right:
Code:
.articlesGrid { margin: 5px -5px -5px; }
.articlesGrid .articleItem:nth-of-type(1) { display: block; width: 100%; }
.articlesGrid .articleItem { display: inline-block; width: 50%; }
.articlesGrid .articleItem .sectionMain { margin: 5px; }
Thanks in advance

Edit: Here's what it looks like with that code.
Screenshot from 2015-03-10 19:08:45.webp
What's strange is that it kind of works for a split second and then it's as if something recalculates and shifts the rest of the columns into one single file on the left at 50% width.

Last edited:
Reactions: the
Your license isn't linked to any site... you're simply honor bound to only use it on one site at a time.
Ahh thanks. That's good to know.

I do have another question.

A thread was recently posted in one of the forums I selected to auto-promote to the article front page yet it did not auto-promote.

Is there a reason for this?

Hi, I have, most likely a weird question but I cannot find the solution to it...

I am running xenforo and XP2 on http://mystical-awakening.eu I have set the new thread/post in the article list above article list, but now it shows also above the forum, and I don't want it there... How do I go around to not showing it above the forum and only on the front page?

thank you in advance for this great addon!

Hi, I have, most likely a weird question but I cannot find the solution to it...

I am running xenforo and XP2 on http://mystical-awakening.eu I have set the new thread/post in the article list above article list, but now it shows also above the forum, and I don't want it there... How do I go around to not showing it above the forum and only on the front page?

thank you in advance for this great addon!
If the widget framework is enabled for the forum list; but you don't have a layout defined for the forum list, it will fall back to the article list layout. If you dont want it to do this, either disable the framework for the forum list, or setup it's own layout.

Thanks for the answer, just so I need to have it clarified and that I know what I am doing...

I use the Article one that I am already using the way it is setup.

Then for the forum I create a new layout with all the things I want to have/show there (and call it forum then).

If all of this is correct, how will I ensure xenporta refers to the forum one?

Sorry for the questions :)

Top Bottom