[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Change your embed code to this:
Code:
<iframe type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/{$id}?fs=1&rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thank you Jaxel, that did it :)

Regards,
Renada

@Jaxel, if you click on a category button, it takes me to the specific category page which is awesome, but it retains it's widgets??

Can I only have the widgets on artile_list and not on the category specific pages?

Last edited:
Your response is that your widgets only work if they are placed in certain locations in a layout?

This should be an easy fix - widget responsive formatting based on column width versus page width. I just don't have the coding skills :(

Once it is changed, I would think you would want to make the code a permanent part of your product.

The widgets should work on most locations, I agree..

I've wrote a private message one month ago to @Jaxel one month ago and haven't received any reply since. :(

Dear @Jaxel, if you're reading this please answer to my PM (sent in Jan 11, 2015)....I bought Xenporta2 and never received any updates even though I did everything in my power to receive them...

Thanks in advance!

This should be an easy fix - widget responsive formatting based on column width versus page width. I just don't have the coding skills :(
Is this even possible? The only docs I've ever seen on responsive design have to do with browser viewport width; not width of specific divs.

@Jaxel, if you click on a category button, it takes me to the specific category page which is awesome, but it retains it's widgets??

Can I only have the widgets on artile_list and not on the category specific pages?
Why cant you make a EWRporta2_ArticleList layout to overwrite the default layout? Just use this eval:
Code:
!empty($params['category'])

I've wrote a private message one month ago to @Jaxel one month ago and haven't received any reply since. :(

Dear @Jaxel, if you're reading this please answer to my PM (sent in Jan 11, 2015)....I bought Xenporta2 and never received any updates even though I did everything in my power to receive them...

Thanks in advance!
Can you PM me again? I cant find the PM.

Your response is that your widgets only work if they are placed in certain locations in a layout?

Once it is changed, I would think you would want to make the code a permanent part of your product.

The widget actually uses the stock styling for its contents. Which I can't check on my phone but really isn't meant to go under 320 pixels in width. Your screen shot at a glance looked like 200 ish. That block just can't do it.

The thing about the blocks is they are replaceable. Its not actually part of the core. So If you need a sidebar width widget one can always be made and installed.

Is this even possible? The only docs I've ever seen on responsive design have to do with browser viewport width; not width of spec

You'd have to use jquery to measure the parent columns width. It wouldn't be through media queries. Basically a script setting classes based on width is one way.

So i wanted to make the portal my index page but its not working.

I added this to my extra.css and nothing...
Code:
.navTabs .articles .navLink { display none; }

You'd have to use jquery to measure the parent columns width. It wouldn't be through media queries. Basically a script setting classes based on width is one way.

I've been playing with it with media query conditional formatting. It isn't about the width of the module, per se, it's about the conditional that tells the module when to display the post info and post author blocks. The problem is that the module is using the conditional for the entire page width instead of a conditional for the column width. Why don't you think I could get at it with a media query?

Another option... since the sidebars are fixed width (in most cases) couldn't you nest a conditional using the page width at the point where it jumps from displaying one column to displaying three? This would have to be a one-off custom edit since it wouldn't work outside of a middle column placement...

Last edited:
I've been playing with it with media query conditional formatting. It isn't about the width of the module, per se, it's about the conditional that tells the module when to display the post info and post author blocks. The problem is that the module is using the conditional for the entire page width instead of a conditional for the column width. Why don't you think I could get at it with a media query?

Another option... since the sidebars are fixed width (in most cases) couldn't you nest a conditional using the page width at the point where it jumps from displaying one column to displaying three? This would have to be a one-off custom edit since it wouldn't work outside of a middle column placement...
Because media query conditionals don't have checks for column widths?

Everything you have mentioned, you can easily do with some CSS edits. I won't be making CSS edits based on a single purpose need... the CSS in XP2 are based on what most people will need using XP2. If you have specific needs for CSS changes, you'll have to do them yourself.

Even the multi-column layout is not built into XP2 by default... you have to add it yourself. If you want to make the multi-column layout responsive, you need to add that yourself too.

Media Queries are about window width. http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_mediaquery.asp It's not something we can just make do whatever we want. All the expansion and contraction in between these settings is just the natural flow of components in a web browser unless something else comes into play. For example shortening of line of text based on width of the element is another css effect altogether.

Hi guys, great addon so far.
But I have a problem with the feature slider, it shows the TAG in the "preview story" thing:

In this case the IMG tag:

ibu0L0zzDZgMGN.png

How I fix this?

I won't be making CSS edits based on a single purpose need...

You think that getting your widget to work in a vanilla layout page is a "single purpose need"? Really?

Recent threads is one of the most basic widgets you could ever possibly have for a forums portal product. I don't consider actually getting it to WORK to be single purpose.

You think that getting your widget to work in a vanilla layout page is a "single purpose need"? Really?

Recent threads is one of the most basic widgets you could ever possibly have for a forums portal product. I don't consider actually getting it to WORK to be single purpose.
It is a single purpose need. The widget works completely fine on 99% of people's layouts. It just happens that on your small width website, with a three column layout, it doesn't work in a very specific spot. No addon is going to just naturally look perfect on all skins; some skins will need some work to get them to look right... yours is one of them.

Separate issue... how do you actually UNpromote an article or feature? The option is not showing up in the drop down menu.
Click the promote link again, there will be a button at the bottom of the page about deleting the promotion.

The widget works completely fine on 99% of people's layouts. It just happens that on your small width website, with a three column layout, it doesn't work in a very specific spot.

I'm not trolling, I swear I'm not. My website isn't "small width". The whole concept behind responsive design is that your site should work on displays from 285 pixels wide to 1900 pixels wide. You're the guy with the website fixed at 1200 pixel width and forcing people to look at 700 pixels of wallpaper on a HD display. It is happening on my site when people are using devices that have smaller resolutions, and one example that I am getting complaints from is people with iPad minis. I don't consider that device "one off". It also happens to fall in the resolution of Kindle HD's, and probably many other tablet or mobile devices with native resolutions in the 1000 - 1200 pixel width range.

So if you won't fix, or can't fix it, fine. But don't suggest that your widget doesn't work because my web site is "small width" or "one off". Anyone who buys your add-on and puts Frequent Posts in the middle column will have the exact same problem.

Last edited:
I'm not trolling, I swear I'm not. My website isn't "small width". The whole concept behind responsive design is that your site should work on displays from 285 pixels wide to 1900 pixels wide. You're the guy with the website fixed at 1200 pixel width and forcing people to look at 700 pixels of wallpaper on a HD display. It is happening on my site when people are using devices that have smaller resolutions, and one example that I am getting complaints from is people with iPad minis. I don't consider that device "one off". It also happens to fall in the resolution of Kindle HD's, and probably many other tablet devices with native resolutions in the 1000 - 1200 pixel width range.

So if you won't fix, or can't fix it, fine. But don't suggest that your widget doesn't work because my web site is "small width" or "one off". Anyone who buys your add-on and puts Frequent Posts in the middle column will have the exact same problem.
All the responsive settings for XP2 use the responsive settings you have set up for your skin. Almost everything in XP2 does its best to be as "default" as possible; it uses the built-in XenForo settings as much as possible. If you want the responsive settings to be different... then you're going to have to change that... this is the point I am making. Go into EWRporta2_Global.css and change your responsive settings or add new rules.

My website works, BECAUSE I added my own rules.

Remember, the default XenForo responsive settings are based on a SINGLE sidebar design. You have added a secondary left-hand sidebar... so your responsive settings are now all screwed up. You need to fix that accordingly.

Top Bottom