[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Hmm... FetchApp seems to be having issues with product updates. I've sent them a support ticket.

Hmm... FetchApp seems to be having issues with product updates. I've sent them a support ticket.

No new email here but if I follow the link in the original fetchapp email I can download 1.0.1b (although the email says it's version 1.4.4 ("XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO v1.4.4 ($40.00)")

Does the slider etc... require an Image upload to show? Or does it grab the first post image also when linked external?

I would be interest to learn what improvements and new features XP2 has. I know this has been a major project for Jaxel and it now costs $40, so there must be a lot of new stuff in this one.

Does the slider etc... require an Image upload to show? Or does it grab the first post image also when linked external?
When you promote a thread into a feature, it will ask you to upload an image for the slider. It no longer grabs images from the first post of the article like it did in XP1.

Reactions: DRE
I would be interest to learn what improvements and new features XP2 has. I know this has been a major project for Jaxel and it now costs $40, so there must be a lot of new stuff in this one.
Its faster, 3 times less strain on your server.
Has a much better widget framework.
Fully extensible over your entire forum.
Widget instantiating; for easy duplication.
More understandable layout grids.
Has an author byline system.
Category filtering.
A built in tagging system.
Support for social commenting.
... to name a few...

When you promote a thread into a feature, it will ask you to upload an image for the slider. It no longer grabs images from the first post of the article like it did in XP1.

What would be useful is if it could select from a stock set of images that had already been uploaded. So we uploaded a unique image for "news", "reports", etc and when featuring a thread it allowed one of these to be selected.

Requiring it to be manually uploaded each time is a pain as it'd mean each moderator or person featuring would need to have all the images.

For the person who asked on the beta forums...
  • Why does this addon require XenForo 1.3.5, even though it should work perfectly fine in XenForo 1.2.0?
1.3.5 enacts an important security fix for XML processing. You really should upgrade to it.
(https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-3-5-released-security-fix.80630/)

That actually doesn't make much sense to me. 1.2.6 includes the same security fix. Released the same day https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-2-6-released-security-fix.80629/

That said I am on 1.4.x and wouldn't be so worried about it. Its one of those situations where your checking for greater than 1.2.5 and 1.3.4 instead.

No wait... I figured it out. If the function doesn't find ANY threads; it returns that error. Replace the "ArticlesRandom.php" file with this one:
this has fixed the problem . thanks for support

one question . i will only the xenporta see as a portal (example see here with xenporta 1 https://www.ligev.de) what i must do ? when i great a new layout , i see my seetings in the articles or forum view ....

Hey Jaxel,

Is it easy to completely disable specific features like tagging system, social commenting, etc. Some thing I am not interested in using, but others I am. Just seeing how flexible this could be to tailor to my needs.

Thanks!

what i did wrong

i have the home button and i see the xenporta . now i click on my forum button and i see the xenporta too . i don't understand it... what i do wrong ?
xenporta4.gif
it was a animeted screen but its not going ...

Social commenting is very easy to disable. In fact, you can disable it on an article by article basis too. Tagging is handled through permissions.

Reactions: DRE
what i did wrong

i have the home button and i see the xenporta . now i click on my forum button and i see the xenporta too . i don't understand it... what i do wrong ?
View attachment 92168
it was a animeted screen but its not going ...
The "Article List" layout is a FALLBACK layout for the "Forum List". If you enable the widget framework for the forum list index, and you DONT have a layout defined for the forum list index, it will FALLBACK to the article list layout.

You need to define a layout for the forum list index; or disable the widget framework for the forum list if you want to use the default sidebar. This is mentioned in both the FAQ, and the first time setup video.

Top Bottom