[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
I don't know what you have in mind for the future but a Thread Type feature would be awesome. I cannot use the categories to do what I want, sadly

The default articles list is designed to be a portal page that MOST people will want to use. If you want a different portal page, then all you have to do is make one. Make another widget block for all other articles and put that on it's own page. Then make that page your portal.

How do I disable the default page and make my new one the default portal? - What should the ID and Template be for the new Articles List?

@Jaxel Where do I find the update script for 1.2.0? It would be great if this could be clear in the download or FAQ.
The update process is EXACTLY the same as the install process. Upgrade from file on server.

How do I disable the default page and make my new one the default portal? - What should the ID and Template be for the new Articles List?
Make a pagenode, add widgets to that. Read the FAQ.

Great if that was in the FAQ or text file with the updates..

Maybe he meant the Overview?

Code:
Installation:
upload the contents of the attached zip to your XF root
install from file on server: "library/EWRporta2/addon-EWRporta2.xml"
set options for the portal in administration control panel
set usergroup permissions for administration rights

Good point though and Jaxel is the only one of the coders I receive the install/updates inside library folder only. ;)
I'm used to it now...

The teamspeak 3 widget uses http instead of https by default, which needs to be changed via databse edit after every plugin update.(Tried to change it via xml file, didn't work) Why not changing it to https by default?.

Maybe he meant the Overview?

Code:
Installation:
upload the contents of the attached zip to your XF root
install from file on server: "library/EWRporta2/addon-EWRporta2.xml"
set options for the portal in administration control panel
set usergroup permissions for administration rights

Good point though and Jaxel is the only one of the coders I receive the install/updates inside library folder only. ;)
I'm used to it now...

When he tells me where to find its not hard to do, but I have so many things to work on with printed magazine, online magazine, community, 20 social media accounts and building app. This is on top of my "normal" career. Remembering every different add-on quirk isn't really possible.. So I need to have it right in front of my nose or at least easily accessible noted in a FAQ.

All it needs is a mention in the FAQ under the installation description..
Here @Jaxel feel free to copy and paste this to your faq.. :)

Upgrades:
Copy upgrade files to server,
Run install script from file on server: "library/EWRporta2/addon-EWRporta2.xml"
(Hot fixes do not need running of the install script.)

just bought it and love it already just one issue is that for some reason I cannot get the forums_list layout or widgets to show up works for forum view and other pages. Any idea why it wouldnt be working on the forum list?

also in my previous post you mentioned the image plugs were raw html is there somewhere I can buy those as well?

Just downloaded the update from Monday, but this will be my first time updating a Xenforo add-on. Can someone tell me where I can find information about how to correctly install the update? Thanks in advance!

Just downloaded the update from Monday, but this will be my first time updating a Xenforo add-on. Can someone tell me where I can find information about how to correctly install the update? Thanks in advance!

Please find Jaxel's response few messages above:

The update process is EXACTLY the same as the install process. Upgrade from file on server.... Read the FAQ.

This already comes with widgets for TaigaChat (you will still need to install them but they will be in a drop down for you when you go to the widget install page).

Taigachat comes with widgets only for xenporta 1
I know this is a really old post, but I'm trying to install TaigaChat on my forum. I installed TaigaChat itself and the widget, but I can't seem to get the widget to show up on any pages. I can go to the shoutbox page itself, but it won't show as a widget.

Anyone have any suggestions?

how to display image and content on article rss feed?
i found the url is " /articles/index.rss " , but it show only title

Is there a way to have someone install this for me? I have Network Hub problems and cannot connect to any FileZilla server from my house -- I am willing to pay -- it must be some type of official

Hi,

I've purchased this add on and Installed it... This is what I get..

fbfa12f579dfe6e15c007dfefd9b5eba.png

Whats gone wrong? Something basic?

Nm, re-installed and it's working fine now, only had a few articles promoted anyways, all sorted :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom