[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
You could use Account Upgrades to automatically give a user a new User Group and you can lock down those topics/categories using permissions.

Thank you. And permissions for the topics - can you set permissions based on category or is it permissions based on the forum the post is within?

@Jaxel
Hi. I'm trying to add new widgets to portal page but there is only a few. Then I discovered that new widgets can be added or created.

Adding them is simply ok. But there is no "Create Widget" button in Widgets page.

Btw, I have BD Widget Framework installed on my forum. Is it possible to add Widget Framework widgets to portal sidebar?

Ahh,another question is how can I remove /articles from portal URL and make portal home page.

For example I have installed my forum root directory.

I want to mysiteurl.com to be portal and mysiteurl.com/forum to be forum.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just being dense but how do you assign a category to an thread/article? I've created categories in the admincp but can't for the life of me figure out how to assign/classify one to content. :(

Has the edit function been disabled on the Recent Threads module/widget in the last update? I click on the edit link but nothing happens. Thanks.

Hi @Jaxel,

I've noticed that the Threads Recent widget is empty for unregistered / registered members who have limited access to our forums, even when there are new and recent threads to display. It displays correctly for members with full access to the forums though.

When I disable the Widget Framework and see how the default sidepanel handles this, it doesn't show this widget block at all to the user, which makes me think I may have missed something. But either way, it shouldn't show an empty widget block.

For some reason there is no option to promote threads to articles anywhere. And yes the permissions are set to allowed for administrators.

For some reason there is no option to promote threads to articles anywhere. And yes the permissions are set to allowed for administrators.
Its in the thread tools dropdown.

Hi @Jaxel,

I've noticed that the Threads Recent widget is empty for unregistered / registered members who have limited access to our forums, even when there are new and recent threads to display. It displays correctly for members with full access to the forums though.

When I disable the Widget Framework and see how the default sidepanel handles this, it doesn't show this widget block at all to the user, which makes me think I may have missed something. But either way, it shouldn't show an empty widget block.
You are correct... this is an oversight on my part.

Has the edit function been disabled on the Recent Threads module/widget in the last update? I click on the edit link but nothing happens. Thanks.
Yep. I appear to have broken it when I removed the moderation functions.

Maybe I'm just being dense but how do you assign a category to an thread/article? I've created categories in the admincp but can't for the life of me figure out how to assign/classify one to content. :(
There is a [+] icon in the category area. Click it.

@Jaxel
Hi. I'm trying to add new widgets to portal page but there is only a few. Then I discovered that new widgets can be added or created.

Adding them is simply ok. But there is no "Create Widget" button in Widgets page.

Btw, I have BD Widget Framework installed on my forum. Is it possible to add Widget Framework widgets to portal sidebar?

Ahh,another question is how can I remove /articles from portal URL and make portal home page.

For example I have installed my forum root directory.

I want to mysiteurl.com to be portal and mysiteurl.com/forum to be forum.
In order to create a new widget, you must be in developer mode on your forum.

You CAN use BD Widget Framework with XenPorta2... but you will have to ask on the BD Widget Framework thread for support on that.

Third question is in the FAQ.

Thank you. And permissions for the topics - can you set permissions based on category or is it permissions based on the forum the post is within?
Permissions are based on the thread.

Its not showing up in the drop down menu either.
xyjQmqe.png

@Jaxel Tried saving the adSense widget on my second website to make sure its not on my end and I cant save the widget on that website either, if you hit the save button nothing really happends at all.

I'm running two adsense widgets on a Xenporta page, it works perfectly fine.
Newest version of XenPorta? Like have you tried to save the widget after the newest update? Cus if you had em set up prior to updating I guess they would stay, but we are multiple that cant get to save the widget at all.

Did anyone elses Twitter widget just become ugly? Something changed - I assume Twitter altered something? The font / colour is wrong...

Top Bottom