[8WR] XenMedio (Media) PRO

[8WR] XenMedio (Media) PRO [Paid] 1.7.0

No permission to buy ($40.00)
How can I fix the broken "https://youtube.com/devicesupport" thumbnails after upgrading?
2015-05-09_00-53-20.png

./media/rebuild-youtube-thumbs seems to break more thumbnails. I'm assuming it wasn't updated to work?
youtube changed their API stuff i believe you have to create a new API. I added a new API and i still see the broken thumbs

I've been wanting to buy XenMedio PRO, but I'm put off by this thumbnail issue... Does it only affect people who have an existing installation, or would it affect new users too?

Sorry, I'm still a noob with these kind of things.

Last edited:
The new API will get the correct thumbnails for NEW media. It won't process thumbnails for old media. As for the thumbnail issue, it only affects people who HAVENT upgraded to the new version. If you are using the old version, it will fetch the device-support broken thumb. The new version is required because YouTube changed their API.

However, as some of you know, there is a secret function at /media/rebuild-youtube-thumbs that will rebuild all the thumbs for your media. I've also said in the past that this secret link is basically for debug purposes and is not supported... and I didn't update the function for the new v3 API...

Well here is the library/EWRmedio/ControllerPublic/Media.php file with support for the new API.

As usual, use of this function is NOT SUPPORTED. You have been warned.

Attachments

I have just installed XenMedio-Media-v1.6.6
Could someone be so kind to tell me how to install the MediaRecent Block?
I have also just installed XenRio-Streams-v1.1.3a again not sure how to install the side block.

I am running the latest XenPorta-2-Portal
Any help would be great..

There is a button for install widgets in the widget menu for XenPorta2.

Yeap I see that but where do I choose the file from? It's asking me to install from uploaded file but im not sure where to direct it.

Update: Sorry to waste yourtime. Me bad! I need to Install from file on server: :/

@Jaxel I have just purchased XenMedio Pro, but I don't understand this step in the instructions...

Set up your YouTube API key in the admin services menu

I don't know what an API Key is, or how to set one up.

I just want to add some videos to my media library. I don't remember having to do this step in older versions of xenmedio.

Can anyone help please?

Last edited:
@Jaxel I created an API key in youtube, and entered it into XenMedio, but I get the following error message when trying to add a video...

Access Not Configured. The API (YouTube Data API) is not enabled for your project. Please use the Google Developers Console to update your configuration.: accessNotConfigured

I don't know how to 'configure' it. What do I need to do?

Thanks.

@Jaxel Can your help be more specific please, I am obviously new to this and don't understand it at all.

I've paid for your add-on with the promise of it being fully supported. I wanted my forum to be open by now - all I'm waiting on is getting XenMedio Working (which like Xenporta PRo, is proving to be far more complicated than it should be for beginners).

Ok... so you linked me to a page which states the following...

Creating API Keys
The API supports several types of API keys. If the key type that you need does not already exist, create an API key by selecting Create New Key and then selecting the appropriate key type. Then enter the additional data for that key type.

Server keys
Create and use a server key if your application runs on a server. Do not use this key outside of your server code. For example, do not embed it in a web page. To prevent quota theft, restrict your key so that requests are only allowed from your servers' source IP addresses.
I don't see how this answers my previous question?

As you can probably tell, I'm beginning to get frustrated with this now.

1. Go here: https://console.developers.google.com/ and login
  2. Create a new project and allow it to create the project
  3. Once the project is created, go here https://console.developers.google.com/project/swtest-955/apiui/apiview/youtube/overview and enable the API.
  4. Click the Credentials tab and create a new Public API Access Server Key and add any IP addresses if needed.
  5. Click create and it will give you an API.
You might be able to use the OAuth 2.0 with Web application also, my YouTube API is showing being done that way having just checked.

Last edited:
@Zynaphix Thanks, but I already created a project and got the 'server' key, but it doesn't work. As I said above, I get an error message in XenMedio saying I need to configure the key (the exact error message is above).

The problem is I don't understand how to configure it.

Because the API you created needs to go into that part...?
I know I already did that...

I've alreay got the API key and inserted it into XenMedio. But I get an error in XenMedio saying I need to configure the key (as I've already said, like three times). I don't understand how to 'configure' it.

I've spent $80 on Jaxels add-ons so far and can't use either of them... Money down the drain. I won't be making the same mistake in future.

I know I already did that...

I've alreay got the API key and inserted it into XenMedio. But I get an error in XenMedio saying I need to configure the key (as I've already said, like three times). I don't understand how to 'configure' it.

I've spent $80 on Jaxels add-ons so far and can't use either of them... Money down the drain. I won't be making the same mistake in future.
You're not following the CLEARLY DEFINED steps...
  1. Go to the Google Developers Console.
  2. Select a project, or create a new one.
  3. In the sidebar on the left, expand APIs & auth. Next, click APIs. In the list of APIs, make sure the status is ON for the YouTube Data API v3.
In the sidebar on the left, expand APIs & auth. Next, click APIs. In the list of APIs, make sure the status is ON for the YouTube Data API v3.

You went straight to step 5, without even doing step 3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom