[8WR] XenMedio (Media) PRO

[8WR] XenMedio (Media) PRO [Paid] 1.7.0

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Hi there,

Any way to fix the keyword bit with our style? Image attached, words are quite small and when on animated they are black until you hover over them.

Cheers
Edit the templates to change the colors? Change the minimum keyword cloud size to make the text larger?

Yes sorry, wrote that as I had woken up. I'd like to change the colour to white and black on our light theme and increase the size of the text.

Yes sorry, wrote that as I had woken up. I'd like to change the colour to white and black on our light theme and increase the size of the text.
Edit the template for the keyword cloud, there are some javascript fields in there with the colors...

And change the minimum keyword cloud size in your admin cp settings.

I'm not quite sure if the developer is aware but it looks like xenmedio is about to break due to youtube shutting down it's 2.0 api on april 20th. Anyone have any word on if the dev is working on the api 3.0 update?

I can update it myself but i don't want to version break my site.

How is this different from the Xenforo Media Gallery? Is it an extension to that add on or an alternative?
Alternative. XFMG is much more focused on image galleries, while this one is more focused on video; in fact, it only does video.

I'm not quite sure if the developer is aware but it looks like xenmedio is about to break due to youtube shutting down it's 2.0 api on april 20th. Anyone have any word on if the dev is working on the api 3.0 update?

It hasn't been shut down yet... just retired. But I will update it soon.

I actually just finished coding the YouTube v3 API on 8wayrun.com... the issues I'm having with it though has to do with bulk playlist submissions, because their API does not currently have a way to seek to a specific page of a playlist...

How is this different from the Xenforo Media Gallery? Is it an extension to that add on or an alternative?
A more descriptive difference would be that XFMG is basically just a gallery system for media. It embeds images and video into galleries.

XenMedio however only does video, but it does a lot more with video. It doesn't just embed videos, it retrieves information about the video from the source service. So if you submit a youtube video, it automatically retrieves various information, like the title, description and duration of the video. In addition to this, it allows some pretty in-depth tagging options for the videos.

You can not only create keywords, but you can also tag FORUM USERS to videos. With all these tags, you can browse the entire video library with a *booru style search system. There is no other video library in existence, for any platform that I can think of, that has *booru style video tagging.

You can see an example of this here: http://8wayrun.com/media/medias

Alternative. XFMG is much more focused on image galleries, while this one is more focused on video; in fact, it only does video.

It hasn't been shut down yet... just retired. But I will update it soon.

Actually it was retired last year, YouTube recently email everyone saying the API would officially be shutdown and no longer work come the 20th. We are surviving right now on borrowed time.

I actually just finished coding the YouTube v3 API on 8wayrun.com... the issues I'm having with it though has to do with bulk playlist submissions, because their API does not currently have a way to seek to a specific page of a playlist...

Yep this is correct, Only thing that can be done is token swap until you reach the end.

Yep this is correct, Only thing that can be done is token swap until you reach the end.
A lot of things in the new API just seem like illogical choices to me... the first obvious one being the lack of seeking in the playlistitems end-point. I wouldn't want to do a token swap until the end, because that would be a huge strain on some people's servers. Sometimes it can take 2 full seconds for a cURL operation, if you have to do 10 in a row, that would be ridiculous.

Another odd choice would be the change of their "duration" tag from the standard seconds counter, to a very odd and non-standard text format of TS[d]H[d]M[d]S. It makes it so that ANYONE who wants to calculate timestamps, they must do a regular expression to actually get the required information.

Then of course, there is the hiding of keywords. You can no longer fetch keywords through the API.

A lot of things in the new API just seem like illogical choices to me... the first obvious one being the lack of seeking in the playlistitems end-point. I wouldn't want to do a token swap until the end, because that would be a huge strain on some people's servers. Sometimes it can take 2 full seconds for a cURL operation, if you have to do 10 in a row, that would be ridiculous.

Another odd choice would be the change of their "duration" tag from the standard seconds counter, to a very odd and non-standard text format of TS[d]H[d]M[d]S. It makes it so that ANYONE who wants to calculate timestamps, they must do a regular expression to actually get the required information.

Then of course, there is the hiding of keywords. You can no longer fetch keywords through the API.

I really can't say when it comes to the playlist thing, There is no real way to get it done without slamming a server currently.

Did a quick search and it looks like thats understood by php fine, here is a script a came upon

In PHP, PT2H34M25S is a valid date period string, and is understood by the DateTime parser. We then make use of this fact, and just add it to the Unix epoch using add() method. Then you can format the resulting date to obtain the required results:

function covtime($youtube_time){
$start =newDateTime('@0');// Unix epoch
$start->add(newDateInterval($youtube_time));return $start->format('g:i:s');}

echo covtime('PT2H34M25S');// => 2:34:25

see if that works

As I've written a few things relating to the new api I've found the only public API thing you can do for keywords is to just grab the channels keywords and tag them on the video. Its the closest thing you are going to get.

I'm just doing this:
Code:
preg_match('#PT(?<h>\d+H)?(?<m>\d+M)?(?<s>\d+S)?#i', $json['contentDetails']['duration'], $duration);

$json['duration'] = 0;
if (!empty($duration['s'])) { $json['duration'] += $duration['s']; }
if (!empty($duration['m'])) { $json['duration'] += $duration['m'] * 60; }
if (!empty($duration['h'])) { $json['duration'] += $duration['h'] * 60 * 60; }

But the lack of playlist seeking makes me very hesitant to release this...

Oh, and technically, to process 10 pages of playlist items, you have to do TWENTY queries...

10 queries for pages, and 10 queries for media items...

Hi Jaxel,

Unless its an option somewhere I overlooked or requested, is it possible for you to allow check boxes for approving submitted media, saves having to click tons of times and have it reload multiple times. Sorry if its not possible but would help a lot,

Cheers!

@Jaxel I use this addon for audio and I know that it's mostly for video, but it works awesome for what I do with it. However, I wanted to request a few additions if possible. Is it possible in the next release or a future one if possible these audio sites Stitcher, Podbean, Libsyn? It would be a huge win for my community. Soundcloud makes a huge difference and I am happy that it was already included.

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media) PRO with a new update entry:

Version 1.6.6 CHANGELOG

• Services have a new field for API KEYS... this means the system can now handle services require an API login. This was mainly put in for YouTube (which now requires an API key), but it also means it greatly expands the amount of services which can be supported by XenMedio.
  • Updated the YOUTUBE service to the new version 3 of their API (version 2 has been deprecated and shuttered). Unfortunately, the new version of their API requires a server application API Key. These keys are...

Read the rest of this update entry...

If I buy this does it come with options to have recent media in the forum sidebar and in a cloud at the top? (without using xenporta - just xenforo+xenmedia)

How can I fix the broken "https://youtube.com/devicesupport" thumbnails after upgrading?
2015-05-09_00-53-20.png

./media/rebuild-youtube-thumbs seems to break more thumbnails. I'm assuming it wasn't updated to work?

Top Bottom