[8WR] XenMedio (Media) PRO

[8WR] XenMedio (Media) PRO [Paid] 1.7.0

No permission to buy ($40.00)
For Widget Framework: MediaRecent Block. What should I do to this unit worked as before? Instead of displaying Media, it redirects to the latest Media. In the previous version and everything was fine. Thank you for the good work.

Issue when adding videos from YouTube with quotation marks or & it displays this " and & in the thread titles when creating a topic.

Has this been fixed @Jaxel

thx

Issue when adding videos from YouTube with quotation marks or & it displays this " and & in the thread titles when creating a topic.

Has this been fixed @Jaxel

thx
Possibly... I don't remember since technically its not a bug. However, I'm not having the issue on my forum... so I may have fixed it a while ago and just completely forgot.

Go into: EWRmedio/ControllerPublic/Media.php

Replace:
Code:
    public function actionIndex()
    {
        if ($mediaID = $this->_input->filterSingle('action_id', XenForo_Input::UINT))
        {
            return $this->responseRedirect(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::SUCCESS, XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('media/media', array('media_id' => $mediaID)));
        }

$this->canonicalizeRequestUrl(XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('media'));

$options = XenForo_Application::get('options');

$viewParams = array(
            'perms' => $this->perms,
            'trendingMedia' => $this->getModelFromCache('EWRmedio_Model_Lists')->getMediaList(1, $options->EWRmedio_trendingcount, array('sort' => 'trending')),
            'recentMedia' => $this->getModelFromCache('EWRmedio_Model_Lists')->getMediaList(1, $options->EWRmedio_recentcount, array('sort' => 'date')),
            'popularMedia' => $this->getModelFromCache('EWRmedio_Model_Lists')->getMediaList(1, $options->EWRmedio_popularcount, array('sort' => 'popular')),
            'trendingPlist' => $this->getModelFromCache('EWRmedio_Model_Playlists')->getPlaylists(1, $options->EWRmedio_trendingplist, array('sort' => 'trending')),
            'recentPlist' => $this->getModelFromCache('EWRmedio_Model_Playlists')->getPlaylists(1, $options->EWRmedio_recentplist, array('sort' => 'date')),
            'popularPlist' => $this->getModelFromCache('EWRmedio_Model_Playlists')->getPlaylists(1, $options->EWRmedio_popularplist, array('sort' => 'popular')),
            'sidebar' => $this->getModelFromCache('EWRmedio_Model_Parser')->parseSidebar(),
        );

return $this->responseView('EWRmedio_ViewPublic_Media', 'EWRmedio_Media', $viewParams);
    }

With:
Code:
    public function actionIndex()
    {
        if ($mediaID = $this->_input->filterSingle('action_id', XenForo_Input::UINT))
        {
            return $this->responseRedirect(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::SUCCESS, XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('media/media', array('media_id' => $mediaID)));
        }

return $this->responseReroute(__CLASS__, 'media/media');
    }

This doesn't seem to work with the latest update. Can you post the updated changes please Jaxel?

Not sure if this is the place for a tutorial of sorts but, since I didn't see anything mentioned on this throughout the thread, I thought I would share.

You can actually embed HTML5 VIDEO using Jaxel's XenMedio.

Additional Requirements: BbCode Multimedia - Html5media -Add on
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bbcode-multimedia-html5media.1603/

Navigate to: /media/admin/services
Select -Video- FLV (Edit button)

bandicam 2014-01-24 23-05-31-115.webp

Delete the HTML/code you see in the embed HTML box and replace with:

<video src="{external}/{serviceVAL}" width="320" height="200" controls preload></video>

You can obviously customize the options the way you want based on the syntax here:
https://github.com/etianen/html5media/wiki/embedding-video

It seems the width and height in the box above is irrelevant, instead it takes the width and height you specify in the embedded html box.

bandicam 2014-01-24 23-06-56-372.webp

On the /media/submit page specify the path to your file: video:filename).
-Make sure the video file is placed in the data/local folder on your server.

bandicam 2014-01-24 23-07-48-148.webp

I have not tested extensively, but things seem to be working so far. Have only been using one .mp4 file in H.264 format, I believe that is best for playback across multiple devices/browsers. In terms of having fallbacks, no idea if that would work or not (HTML 5 having the ability for multiple formats) but probably not since you can only specify one file at a time.

Changing the Service Name:

Without this edit, all videos will be tagged with FLV instead of MP4, which is probably not what you want. Users may see FLV, and think this file may not play on their phone or whatever. This requires a small edit to the -Video-FLV.xml file.

bandicam 2014-01-25 00-07-51-133.webp

In this .xml file look for:

<service_name>-Video- FLV</service_name>

change it to:

<service_name>-Video- MP4</service_name>

Reupload this file to your server, overwriting the previous -Video-FLV.xml file. Directory is /forums/library/EWRmedio/Services.

Hit the "Rebuild Services" button in /media/admin/services
Go back and change the service on the files to MP4 service.

End result:

bandicam 2014-01-25 00-06-58-997.webp

Last edited:
I am trying to add content specifically for the media page. I installed the Widget Framework and looked at the hooks, but there isn't a specific one for the media section. I want to add a box that shows only in the media section so people know the rules for it. Is the media sidebar just the regular one for the main forum area?

Ok, let me give you some more details about why I believe it is needed (in my situation or maybe by others)
  • All countries do NOT have access to all video upload sites (let's start with China which population is 1.5 billion with almost 50% internet users)
  • Some organizations, companies etc do NOT allow their users to access those sites. (for example; in educational entities like K12 schools all such video hosting sites are not allowed to visit common video hosting sites in most countries like in Turkey)
  • People doesn't want to share their private content in public platforms for various reasons. (for example; there are some commercial companies hosting forums in their intranet and they never allow those content uploaded to internet.)
Even there are hundreds of video upload sites available, you already developed a function for admins to embed locally hosted media. This is why I felt that if there is such function why not extend it :)

I hope those above facts are enough.

I am not sure if you have seen my reply which I wrote long time ago and I would like to kindly ask if any plans for this feature.

Thank you

Is it possible to disable the description-field? Or not have it filled automatically? And to make it so that it wouldn't be required? there's a lot of crap coming in htrough that field.

Also: I am the only one who posted media so far, but when I filter on "bart" it says: "There has not yet been any media added to this category...".

And I can't seem to find how I can "like" a video?

And: is it possible to set a default category for all new content?

Is it possible to disable the description-field? Or not have it filled automatically? And to make it so that it wouldn't be required? there's a lot of crap coming in htrough that field.

Also: I am the only one who posted media so far, but when I filter on "bart" it says: "There has not yet been any media added to this category...".

And I can't seem to find how I can "like" a video?

And: is it possible to set a default category for all new content?
1 - descriptions are required. You could edit the youtube service to disable it retrieving the description field though.
2 - the filter for users filters users TAGGED to a video; not the user who uploaded the video.
3 - you cant like your own media.
4 - no.

Thank you for this great add-on,

would you please tell me if this add-on supports self hosted videos + JWPlayer (with a stand alone uploader) ? I really do not want to host my videos on a thirdparty websites like Youtube ...

Thank you

Thank you for this great add-on,

would you please tell me if this add-on supports self hosted videos + JWPlayer (with a stand alone uploader) ? I really do not want to host my videos on a thirdparty websites like Youtube ...

Thank you
It has built in JWplayer support... but it will not upload videos for you.

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media) PRO with a new update entry:

Version 1.6.3 CHANGELOG

• You can now submit media in bulk from services that support it. (currently YouTube, Vimeo and Dailymotion)
  • Only usergroups with the appropriate permission will be able to submit media in bulk.
  • Services now have an additional regular expression field for capturing playlist URLs.
  • The secret admin-only "submit-youtube" action has been removed as it has become redundant with the new bulk support.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Encoded ut8 is the place to be a limit to the length up to 10. Can you not do this limitation? Thanks.

Attachments

• 111222333.webp
    111222333.webp
    121.9 KB · Views: 17
Don't know if i did this somehow, but everything is disappearing underneath the video.

Like so:
Image9.webp

It also happens with the submenu's. What can do about that?

Top Bottom