[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
These would be my first thoughts to improve it and avoid the obvious things, decreasing priority (just my voting):

1.) I understand the technical problem, that Xenforo system does not render complex bbcodes in preview tooltips and in search results. So, is there no way to work around that? Somehow like "pull the event description out of the calander-bbcode" and show/put it solo first? This way tooltips and more importantly within search results & tag searches users would be teasered with the event description, not with the naked calendar-bbcode-number. Or maybe the event description could be "faked"/doubled outside of the bbcode somehow for tooltips and search results and be hidden on the event page...
Was this fixed ? I bought this addon a while ago but was very disappointed due to this. I may give it a try again and buy a license for another project if this issue is fixed.

@Jaxel An issue, When I set up an event and people RSVPs, I get a note stating " 'Name' is coming to your event" no matter if they says "Going", "Maybe" or "Can't go".
In my case I don't have the need for a "Maybe" and the "Can't go" would only be needed if someone stated "Going" but have to cancel...

Is there a way to handle that?

4.) The location is saved in English, although I live in Germany, use a German OS and browser and Google Maps is shown in German. So, I would search for "Brandenburger Tor, Berlin, Deutschand", it will be found and shown correctly with German names within Google Maps, but the event saves the English names "Brandenburg Gate, Berlin, Germany". This is even more interfering, because City and State will use the same English names when shown in the event title.
Did anybody ever manage to save the Google locations in the language of your country?
As written it always uses English (at least for me), although I am logged in in Google with a German language account, OS and browser use German too. But some words in the addresses are translated into English, which is very disturbing for the users:

Eg. it uses "Herrenhausen Gardens" instead of "Herrenhäuser Garten" or "Brandenburger Gate" instead of "Brandenburger Tor". This is just wrong here.
Probably there is a variable or somthing given to Google which requests the English Names. Any hint, how I can change that, please?

I would think I've found a bug, at least a behaviour which is totally not expected:
  1. Create an event with 1, 2, 3, 4 or more keywords
  2. After creation of the event, these keywords (say 3 in this example) are correctly associated with the event [correct]
  3. Use selection "Event-Tools" and edit event. Add 1 or more keywords
  4. After saving the event, the very last keyword was saved, but another one was lost instead of it. In total you cannot save more keywords as given when saving while event creation (3 in example). No additonal row in table ewratendo2_keylinks will be added and existing rows may be overwritten [wrong]
  5. Removing a keyword, saving and adding another keyword will result in the same behaviour (in example only 2 two keywords can be saved now), as one row was delited from ewratendo2_keylinks [wrong]
@Jaxel could you please add the possibility to add keywords after saving an event? Thank you!

I would think I've found a bug, at least a behaviour which is totally not expected:
  1. Create an event with 1, 2, 3, 4 or more keywords
  2. After creation of the event, these keywords (say 3 in this example) are correctly associated with the event [correct]
  3. Use selection "Event-Tools" and edit event. Add 1 or more keywords
  4. After saving the event, the very last keyword was saved, but another one was lost instead of it. In total you cannot save more keywords as given when saving while event creation (3 in example). No additonal row in table ewratendo2_keylinks will be added and existing rows may be overwritten [wrong]
  5. Removing a keyword, saving and adding another keyword will result in the same behaviour (in example only 2 two keywords can be saved now), as one row was delited from ewratendo2_keylinks [wrong]
@Jaxel could you please add the possibility to add keywords after saving an event? Thank you!
Confirmed. Fixed for next version.

this might be stupid to ask, but i have not much clue about these things. does this calendar allow creating calendar entries without creating threads for each date/ event? i am looking for a calendar to allow me to enter REAL RACE MOTORSPORTS dates? like WEC, PWC and F1 and etc. (but also don't want to create hundreds of threads just to create the calendar entries.) for example WEC has 9 races 2018/2019 season, does it mean i need to create 9 threads???
thank you all and sorry for the stupid question.

Attachments

• PWC_2018_calendar.webp
    PWC_2018_calendar.webp
    43.5 KB · Views: 3
  • WEC_2018-2019_calendar.webp
    WEC_2018-2019_calendar.webp
    86.8 KB · Views: 3
Do not worry. No threads are required to create if you uncheck the option "Require "Create an event thread" on Event Creation" within XenAtendo's options in ACP.
You can create threads though at event creation time, if you need/like for single events. Please be advised that events with or without threads behave differently: Events without threads have their own event page, the others open events in a normal thread in the selected thread forum.

thank you @Triops, but the calendar overview, the race dates will show up as normal calendar entries, yes? (like a holiday/ like a birthday or anything else entered into the calendar?)

The weekly page always opens with one week ahead. So it shows week 41 today, although it's 40 only. This does not change with the week day to start the week with.

With 21k events in the calender I need urgent help please. In which file in which line can I reduce the week by one please?
Thank you, @Jaxel

And same with clicking on the button "Today" - it's showing the 9th today, but it's the 7th...

Date on server: Sat Oct 7 21:24:27 UTC 2017, which is correct
Date in Xenforo, what do you mean please?

So, it is 2 days ahead, it shows 9th in week 41

Top Bottom