[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
It has to be uninstalled BEFORE you install XA2. Otherwise the uninstall script for XA1 removes some things needed for XA2. Uninstall XA2 and reinstall it.

@Lukaluk Please make sure your old events plugin is disabled. Once you have disabled version 1, delete version 2 and reinstall. You can't have both plugins active on the site.

@Lukaluk Please make sure your old events plugin is disabled. Once you have disabled version 1, delete version 2 and reinstall. You can't have both plugins active on the site.
OK, got it uninstalled and reinstalled. Question: Does the GPS search under the venue space work? It says that something went wrong and and won't let you put anything in there?

Hello, got this working and it seems to work well.

Just one thing I'm trying to work out how to work around.

If a user creates an event by going to the Events tab then the option to create a thread defaults to off... sometimes they miss it which means that if they post in the RSVP section nothing happens.

It's ok if they create a new event in the designated events sub forum, the checkbox defaults to on and the RSVP post works.

Is there any way of defaulting the thread creation to on, or not allowing events to be posted anywhere except the designated forum? That would solve the issue. As it stands I can't seem a way of adding the thread using edit either.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I know that, but as it's down the bottom users don't see that, so they don't start a thread. It would be nice to be able to force that to aid the user experience.

At the moment I've disabled the button on the events page which forces them into the designated calendar forum, but this seems to be awkward if they don't know to go there. I suppose I could edit the button further to do that but it would be nice not to have to.

But you give them an option not to tick it, so they select that, which breaks the RSVP functionality which remains.

The user doesn't understand what they need, they can't predict that it causes a bug, they can't predict that no-one can reply so they don't understand why it's important. And there's no way of telling them that beforehand, without editing the template.

Please tell my why if the RSVP doesn't work, why is it not deselected when you don't select a forum?

Top Bottom