[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Since launch we often get these errors when saving edited or new events:

1521741766504.webp

Translated something like "cannot pull enough data from Google Maps". Sometimes it's really bad, as today, it's almost impossible to save events with geo dates then, you get these errors almost always.

Is this something I can improve? We have 3000-5000 events per year and the guys creating the events in calendar are really annoyed and on the way to fully give up :(

Yes, it generally works. We entered several hundreds new events since launch.
But often, not always, the connection to Google seems to be faulty/delayed. Then it does not work for one, two, five times - then it works for that event but maybe not for the next, few times.

Is it possible to make a change so I can see the Birthday names here? That would be great!!

Attachments

• Unbenannt-1.webp
    Unbenannt-1.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 16
Any way to allow GPS coordinates to work congruently with address search?
Our locations are off the grid many of times.
This is about the only feature I wished it had.

Just bought XenAtendo 1.1.5. There is a grave bug in the Google Maps API call: the key is not sent and thus Google refuses the request ("Keyless access to Google Maps Platform is deprecated. Please use an API key with all your API calls to avoid service interruption.").

I've attached a bugfix as patch file.

Further suggestion: pass $json['error_message'] to the exception text if the status is not 'OK'. The current error handler is masquerading the error message returned by Google.

Attachments

Just bought XenAtendo 1.1.5. There is a grave bug in the Google Maps API call: the key is not sent and thus Google refuses the request ("Keyless access to Google Maps Platform is deprecated. Please use an API key with all your API calls to avoid service interruption.").

I've attached a bugfix as patch file.

Further suggestion: pass $json['error_message'] to the exception text if the status is not 'OK'. The current error handler is masquerading the error message returned by Google.
I have the same problem. Any sugestion?
Thanks

I have the same problem. Any sugestion?

Open library/EWRatendo2/Model/GoogleMaps.php and look for the following code snippet at the top of the file:
Code:
         $client = new Zend_Http_Client('https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json');
         $client->setParameterGet(array(
             'address' => $address,
         ));

Insert a new line so that it looks like this:

Rich (BB code):
        $client = new Zend_Http_Client('https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json');
        $client->setParameterGet(array(
            'key' => XenForo_Application::get('options')->EWRatendo2_gapikey,
            'address' => $address,
        ));

Boom, problem solved.

Ok I'm having serious issue with the dang google API, again

I tried this fix by Kerstin above but that did not work. I should have screenshotted the original error message I was getting when trying to create an event and enter an address - it was a white pop-up box that looked like Google was asking me for some kind of authorization, there was a button that I clicked but that didn't "allow" anything.

So I:

Went to Google API console
checked credentials
Checked APIs - for some reason, they weren't all activated even though I know I had done this
Checked Client ID for web app, I run https and those weren't entered into the list so I added them
Checked API Key, for some reason the one in XF ACP for this addon was not entered (how it was functioning prior to this, I do not know!) so I went into Google API, regenerated the key for good measure, saved, then updated the key in XF ACP
Regenerated Google Client Secret and updated in XF ACP (again, for good measure)

At some point I reloaded the page where I was trying to enter an event and it auto-filled some address in New Jersey (I had entered "485" which is an address I was going to try to set, so that was "kept" and the NJ address must have been one on the autofill selection list) and the map was showing, then when I deleted the address that was entered and started to retype it, it would not show anything (no map) and when I hit enter, it blanks out the address search field.

At one point, it "locked up" the address search field after entering in 3 or 4 charachters and there was a faint "i" in a circle embedded in the search entry field. Now that's gone but I have no clue what I did

Google API is a nightmare. Can anyone help?

Help...anyone....I'll have to search this thread tomorrow a bit to see if I can track it down but hopefully someone who is familiar with the Google API system can point me to a guide or post or something that shows a checklist of exactly how you need to have this all configured in order to work! I hadn't changed anything in a while, and suddenly it just stopped working (and no one on the forum told me about it...apparently it's completely up to me to find out that things aren't working as expected....)

Hi @Floyd R Turbo

I don't know, if I understood you right.

Did you create an billing account for Google Maps last year? You have a large free quota, but without a billing account you can hardly do anything with the API since somewhen last year.

My problem here was exactly that:

But it was not uniform, sometimes 2-3 events with addresses worked, then again nothing at all, then again a success etc....

We don't use it enough to incur billing, I set it up years ago and it worked just fine. It's maybe used to create an event with a location once a month max and our site doesn't get a ton of traffic (relatively). For our largest event of the year (which this one is) last year there were no issues at all. It just suddenly stopped working. I'll check you post & let you know if it helped

I am pretty sure you need a billing account since last year, even if they don't bill you because you stay within the free limit/quota. It was the same with us.

I got a billing account set up and connected that to my project, I was able to get it to the point where I can go through the event creation process and the map API is working. But when I go to actually create the event, I'm getting the error "Unable to retrieve accurate map data from Google Maps" even though it pulled in the location that I typed in and autofilled it.

Officially going to go bonkers

This is the same message I had shown above.

Ok, I will ask my admin what we have done more. At least I know that we modified XenAtendo to not hide the original error messages, but to display them - and so we got to the bottom of it. I'll have a look...

So, after showing the real error messages instead of hiding them through XenAtendo our first error was this:

Code:
"REQUEST_DENIED - API keys with referer restrictions cannot be used with this API."

Maybe your API key is limited?

How would I view things in order to see the actual error getting returned? I do not believe my key is limited in any way now.

When I open up the browser dev console and look at the output when I click "create event" and get the error, I get this:

Code:
Event: AutoValidationDataReceived xenforo.js:346:238
event_title: Okay xenforo.js:355:452
event_description_html: Okay xenforo.js:355:452
event_location: Okay xenforo.js:355:452
event_address: Okay xenforo.js:355:452
occur_start[mins]: Okay xenforo.js:355:452
occur_end[mins]: Okay xenforo.js:355:452
event_repeat[count]: Okay xenforo.js:355:452
event_repeat[limit]: Okay xenforo.js:355:452

Event: AutoValidationError xenforo.js:346:472

XenForo.activate(Object { 0: div.xenOverlay.__XenForoActivator, length: 1, prevObject: Object(1), context: undefined })

I'm guessing the important piece here is Event: AutoValidationError

After upgrading to PHP 7.3, XenAtendo started throwing warnings: "count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in ..."

The attached patch fixes them.

How to apply patch on console:
# cd to your XenForo base folder
$ patch -p0 <atendo-patch-php73.txt

Attachments

Top Bottom