[021] XenForo Messenger [Deleted]

Well, it seems this situation needs my comment.

1. A war has been going on in Ukraine for more than a year, sponsored by citizens of the Russian Federation. Every purchase they make pays for the bullets they use to shoot civilians in basements and the rockets they use to kill children in shopping malls. Their personalities and attitudes towards the war do not affect this fact in any way.
2. For this reason, the forum rules state that access to it is prohibited to citizens of the Russian Federation and persons associated with the payment of taxes in this country.
3. Also, registration restrictions were introduced on the forum for some mails used by citizens of the Russian Federation, such as Yandex and Mail.ru. Also, the forum is completely inaccessible from the Russian IP. Also, for several months after the start of the war, there was a big notice on the forum that said that this forum was no longer available to citizens of the Russian Federation. Also, all Russian accounts that I could find were banned; – I did everything possible to limit the access of users from Russia to my resource.
4. Both add-ons have a license agreement that clearly states that the product is non-refundable once accessed by download.

So, this person made a purchase, bypassing the introduced restrictions and downloaded both add-ons. The purchase made me pay attention to this account and take a look at the site for which the license was purchased. There I saw ads from Yandex, Sberbank and other major Russian taxpayers and the forum itself is a market for services for Russians. Then the user was then banned for violating forum rules.
The next day this person contacted me by mail and requested an unbanning, stating that he himself is "a hostage of his country, obligated to abide by their laws and unable to do anything about it", while the owner of the platform is, in fact, a Ukrainian. I explained to him that the problem is that their site provides for the economy of the Russian Federation and therefore cooperation between us is impossible. After several more attempts to get an unban / refund with the manipulation of the fact that one of the administrators of their forum is Ukrainian, and they are "against the war", the person said that he had been bypassing the protection of the add-on all the time we were talking and successfully hacked it. Ta-dah! :)

To be honest, I myself do not like this situation and I banned this account with some moral effort, but I acted within the forum rules and the license agreement with which the person agreed.

Last edited:

1. A war has been going on in Ukraine for more than a year, sponsored by citizens of the Russian Federation. Every purchase they make pays for the bullets they use to shoot civilians in basements and the rockets they use to kill children in shopping malls. Their personalities and attitudes towards the war do not affect this fact in any way.
2. For this reason, the forum rules state that access to it is prohibited to citizens of the Russian Federation and persons associated with the payment of taxes in this country.
3. Also, registration restrictions were introduced on the forum for some mails used by citizens of the Russian Federation, such as Yandex and Mail.ru. Also, the forum is completely inaccessible from the Russian IP. Also, for several months after the start of the war, there was a big notice on the forum that said that this forum was no longer available to citizens of the Russian Federation. Also, all Russian accounts that I could find were banned; – I did everything possible to limit the access of Russians to my resource.
4. Both add-ons have a license agreement that clearly states that the product is non-refundable once accessed by download.

So, this person made a purchase, bypassing the introduced restrictions and downloaded both add-ons. The purchase made me pay attention to this account and take a look at the site for which the license was purchased. There I saw ads from Yandex, Sberbank and other major Russian taxpayers and the forum itself is a market for services for Russians. Then the user was then banned for violating forum rules.
The next day this person contacted me by mail and requested an unbanning, stating that he himself is "a hostage of his country, obligated to abide by their laws and unable to do anything about it", while the owner of the platform is, in fact, a Ukrainian. I explained to him that the problem is that their site provides for the economy of the Russian Federation and therefore cooperation between us is impossible. After several more attempts to get an unban / refund with the manipulation of the fact that one of the administrators of their forum is Ukrainian, and they are "against the war", the person said that he had been bypassing the protection of the add-on all the time we were talking and successfully hacked it. Ta-dah! :)

To be honest, I myself do not like this situation and I banned this account with some moral effort, but I acted within the forum rules and the license agreement with which the person agreed.
Thank you so much for your great work one more time, and sorry for hack of your product.

We not have another chance except for hack your addon. If you want, as I write you, I can give you information about of this hack.
And that about terms for buy and restrictions on your site, I think you know, how it accepted in our countries read this things...) That is why I beg to write notice with more biggest font on this and your site about sells for Russian citizens, I think it will be more honest from your side.

3. Also, registration restrictions were introduced on the forum for some mails used by citizens of the Russian Federation, such as Yandex and Mail.ru. Also, the forum is completely inaccessible from the Russian IP. Also, for several months after the start of the war, there was a big notice on the forum that said that this forum was no longer available to citizens of the Russian Federation. Also, all Russian accounts that I could find were banned; – I did everything possible to limit the access of Russians to my resource.

Indeed, you slightly dissemble, pardon my intrusion into your discourse. Furthermore, you have sanctioned the blocking of my account on your forum, despite my status as a non-tax resident of the Russian Federation for over 7 years, while still upholding my citizenship. Tax residency is relinquished when a citizen remains beyond Russia's borders for more than 180 days. Consequently, at present, no ties bind me to Russia, save for my citizenship, and I refrain from contributing to the Russian treasury. I wish to emphasize that any individual, regardless of their homeland, upon residing in Russia for 183 days, becomes a fiscal resident of the nation, thereby contributing taxes. One need not look far; consider prominent brands such as Google, Apple, and the like. All possess legal entities within Russia and fulfill their tax obligations. Yet, undoubtedly, you continue to avail yourself of the services rendered by these corporations? Undoubtedly! Moreover, one of the founders of Google, Sergey Brin, hails from the former USSR. Equally indifferent was your response to the fact that my roots trace back to Ukraine. I do not seek to accuse you of racial bias towards specific nations, but this scenario appears to mirror precisely that. You must unequivocally comprehend that citizenship is not solely an outcome of birth. Those dissatisfied with their circumstances merely seek novel prospects for themselves and their kin in other lands. This, by no means, justifies instigating a second Holocaust in the annals of human history.

Last edited:
Indeed, you slightly dissemble, pardon my intrusion into your discourse.
What is it about?

Furthermore, you have sanctioned the blocking of my account on your forum, despite my status as a non-tax resident of the Russian Federation for over 7 years, while still upholding my citizenship. Tax residency is relinquished when a citizen remains beyond Russia's borders for more than 180 days. Consequently, at present, no ties bind me to Russia, save for my citizenship, and I refrain from contributing to the Russian treasury. I wish to emphasize that any individual, regardless of their homeland, upon residing in Russia for 183 days, becomes a fiscal resident of the nation, thereby contributing taxes.
I found an account with the same username on my forum, but I can't find where you provided this information. Could you please recall where exactly we had a discussion about this?
Updated: One of your resources is a travel portal for a subject of Russia. You are an indirect taxpayer, as you attract investments in the economy of this country.

One need not look far; consider prominent brands such as Google, Apple, and the like. All possess legal entities within Russia and fulfill their tax obligations. Yet, undoubtedly, you continue to avail yourself of the services rendered by these corporations?
Google and Apple have either partially left the Russian market, or their activities there do not generate income. In any case, this is not a fact that I personally can influence the use or not use of one or another of their services. Just as I cannot influence the trade in raw materials between the Russian Federation and our allies. I don't need it, my government is working on it. I make decisions where it makes sense.

Last edited:
I found an account with the same username on my forum, but I can't find where you provided this information. Could you please recall where exactly we had a discussion about this?

I comprehend that your influence over numerous matters is limited. I wish to elucidate that citizens of Russia similarly possess no capacity to exert considerable influence. It remains inexplicable to me why a current trend of persecution along national lines is emerging, reminiscent of the historical maltreatment endured by the Jewish populace. Although an individual might ostensibly dissent, one finds oneself subjected to a barrage of opprobrium based on their ethnic background. While it is within one's prerogative to withhold their wares from an entire nationality, it is worth noting that your current engagement is transpiring within the precincts of the XenForo.com forum, an entity governed by regulations that unequivocally disavow any form of discriminatory conduct based on nationality.

I comprehend that your influence over numerous matters is limited. I wish to elucidate that citizens of Russia similarly possess no capacity to exert considerable influence. It remains inexplicable to me why a current trend of persecution along national lines is emerging, reminiscent of the historical maltreatment endured by the Jewish populace. Although an individual might ostensibly dissent, one finds oneself subjected to a barrage of opprobrium based on their ethnic background. While it is within one's prerogative to withhold their wares from an entire nationality, it is worth noting that your current engagement is transpiring within the precincts of the XenForo.com forum, an entity governed by regulations that unequivocally disavow any form of discriminatory conduct based on nationality.
This is not the place to have the political discussion that you are provoking. The reason for banning accounts is the participation of people in the Russian economy, and not their ethnicity. In your case, the reason for banning is a tourist portal for a place in Russia, which attracts investments there.

This is not the place to have the political discussion that you are provoking. The reason for banning accounts is the participation of people in the Russian economy, and not their ethnicity. In your case, the reason for banning is a tourist portal for a place in Russia, which attracts investments there.
I do not intentionally incite any individual, and I have even expressed remorse for my intrusion into the discourse. However, let us engage in candor; you yourself make references above to an entire nationality. Regarding the portal, your account of events is also slightly disingenuous. At the juncture when I became a registrant on your forum, the website exhibited an entirely distinct character. Presently, the domain is affiliated with the partnership program of Go Travel Un Limited, an establishment headquartered in Hong Kong, where no XenForo-based forum exists. I beseech you not to distort the information at hand.

..... I also wish to underscore the fact that Cloudflare, too, engages in tax remittances to the Russian Federation. Am I correct in assuming that you also avail yourself of their services?

I do not intentionally incite any individual, and I have even expressed remorse for my intrusion into the discourse. However, let us engage in candor; you yourself make references above to an entire nationality. Regarding the portal, your account of events is also slightly disingenuous. At the juncture when I became a registrant on your forum, the website exhibited an entirely distinct character. Presently, the domain is affiliated with the partnership program of Go Travel Un Limited, an establishment headquartered in Hong Kong, where no XenForo-based forum exists. I beseech you not to distort the information at hand.
Screenshot from the Webarchive for December 14, 2022 (you were registered this month):
1692017147212.png
The portal advertises Karelia.

Actual screenshot:
1692017366151.png
The portal is still advertising Karelia.

It seems to me that you are trying to create a provocation by mentioning the victims of the Jews, accusing me of ethnic discrimination and distorting the facts and repeating provocative questions that I have already answered. I will not participate in this 🙃

Last edited:
You neglected to consult Wikipedia prior to casting allegations of another provocative act upon me. And why do you inscribe your perceptions of my provocation? This, too, remains unfathomable to me. I merely conveyed to you that your approach is comparable to racism and the Holocaust, as you reject an entire nation. Such discourse is incongruous within the confines of the XenForo forum. You have the liberty to inscribe such sentiments within your regulations, within the precincts of your own forum. However, in this domain, such endeavors are superfluous. This gathering is convened not for political deliberations, but rather for the contemplation of the XenForo platform and its extensions. Yet, you choose to intertwine your plugins with the realm of politics, openly articulating that the citizens of the Russian Federation are precluded from procuring any of your offerings. Not merely a specific segment of the citizens of the Russian Federation, but the entire populace. Simultaneously, you manifest antipathy towards all citizens of Russia. Had you exhibited a more attentive demeanor, you would have gleaned that Karelia represents an historical demesne, with one part situated within the territorial confines of Russia, while the other segment resides within the territorial boundaries of Finland.

I propose that we conclude our discourse, as it has surpassed the confines of our community. If I have inadvertently offended you, do not harbor ill will. My intention was merely to grasp your stance based upon the totality of our communicative exchange. At a certain juncture, it became evident to me that you exhibit overt hostility towards the citizens of the Russian Federation. This is your prerogative. However, you possess no entitlement to vocalize such sentiments upon this forum, which unites thousands akin to yourself under the XenForo platform.

Should you persist in asserting that you harbor no hostility towards the citizens of the Russian Federation, I present several instances to consider. You persist in refusing to vend extensions to those who pay taxes within Russia. I do not remit taxes in Russia, yet I am barred. You maintain that if an individual resides in Russia, they are barred from purchasing extensions. I do not reside in Russia, yet I am likewise blocked. You contend that my website ostensibly serves the purpose of tourism, contributing to Russia's economy by attracting visitors. Yet, you yourselves employ companies that make substantial contributions to Russia (Cloudflare, Apple, Google, and so forth).

I beseech the moderator to expunge this public discussion @Brogan . Wishing you a pleasant day.

@Brogan I need help too. My licence has been removed for "inactive forum".

It is written in the licence agreement that the author can remove the licence for some reason, but in this case I can't understand why they let me buy this plugin initially if my forum is not suitable for "activity"?

1692026758017.png
1692026769929.png

Previously, I had a licence for the https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bs-live-forum-statistics.7603/ addon. It has been also removed from my account.

If proof of plugins purchase is needed, I can provide it.

Last edited:
My licence has been removed for "inactive forum".
Your license has been frozen with the possibility of recovery, including the entire period of the freeze. For some time you were directly connected with the pirate resource and I have reason to believe that you still keep in touch with the employees of this resource. As soon as you confirm the existence of an real community, your licenses will be unfrozen with a full restoration :)

Your license has been frozen with the possibility of recovery, including the entire period of the freeze. For some time you were directly connected with the pirate resource and I have reason to believe that you still keep in touch with the employees of this resource. As soon as you confirm the existence of an real community, your licenses will be unfrozen with a full restoration :)
I don't think freezing my licence on the basis that my resource is active is good practice. I am not in breach of any of your TOS. About pirated resources, I don't understand what you're talking about. I develop a project, and you take away my ability to show the plugin functionality to the customer because I don't have a licence for addon.

I develop a project, and you take away my ability to show the plugin functionality to the customer because I don't have a licence for addon.
Section 3. License Restrictions:
c. Unauthorized Use: The Donor shall not use the Private Add-on for any commercial purposes, including but not limited to reselling, offering services, or creating competing products.

Section 3. License Restrictions:
Which of the above rules have I broken? First of all, the licence was bought through me, as I am the developer of the project, and there is no domain as such or XenForo licence yet.
We bought this chat to see what it was like, to see if it would be possible to set it up on the hosting we were going to take.

Which of the above rules have I broken? First of all, the licence was bought through me, as I am the developer of the project, and there is no domain as such or XenForo licence yet.
We bought this chat to see what it was like, to see if it would be possible to set it up on the hosting we were going to take.
Buying a license for anonymous third parties and then changing the domain to a domain that was not previously associated with the forum / domain for which the license was originally purchased is considered by me as reselling.

I develop a project, and you take away my ability to show the plugin functionality to the customer because I don't have a licence for addon.
Also here you claim that you cannot demonstrate the functionality of the add-on to your customer, which can be considered as providing commercial services using my product if you receive money for the work done.

Really overpriced!
For 99% of admins, the cost of xenforo is already high given that in 2023 forums are little used.
Let alone spend almost more than the license for just a mod that makes private messages look better.

Hmm, not sure, the JS are not located on your own server.
If you want to have them on your server (for data privacy reasons for example) it seems you have to subscribe to the Enterprise Kit which is "999,99$"
View attachment 289790

Does it mean that currently, after purchasing the add-on, the program still needs to connect to the programmers' servers when it operates?

In the event that a connection cannot be established for any reason, such as the server being down, would the add-on still function?

Well, you have to feel like **** if you "donated" for some kind of license for this addon.

• Haha
Reactions: 021
Top Bottom