[021] Real-Time Chat [Deleted]

Hi,
I feel a little distraught that I bought it in the sense that for me it will never work.

Indeed I took note of the requirements thinking that it would help me by taking a quick look but the problem is that indeed, I cannot use it because I have to use third-party products like NodeJS that I cannot install because my host blocks any external installation.

I wish the other facilities had been stipulated there in the addon description as I feel like I've burned a ticket although I recognize that I might have had to read the other addons a bit more in depth.

I wouldn't give a negative or positive opinion because seeing the demo it seems really great to me with a huge amount of work provided which I think deserves its price but for my part it hurts me to have spent so much for not having a result because of the restrictions of my host.

I hope this add on will make people happy. :)

Hi,
I feel a little distraught that I bought it in the sense that for me it will never work.

Indeed I took note of the requirements thinking that it would help me by taking a quick look but the problem is that indeed, I cannot use it because I have to use third-party products like NodeJS that I cannot install because my host blocks any external installation.

I wish the other facilities had been stipulated there in the addon description as I feel like I've burned a ticket although I recognize that I might have had to read the other addons a bit more in depth.

I wouldn't give a negative or positive opinion because seeing the demo it seems really great to me with a huge amount of work provided which I think deserves its price but for my part it hurts me to have spent so much for not having a result because of the restrictions of my host.

I hope this add on will make people happy. :)
Hello,

XenForo WebSockets has several solutions for your situation:
1. Use Pusher.com
2. Buy a separate VPS and set up a WebSockets server on it

I hope you find a solution for yourself :)

As someone from a third-world or developing country (as they say), I sometimes find it challenging to understand the way people from advanced countries, like the US and Europe, think. This is one example: How is it possible that an add-on costs more than the Xenforo software itself? Can someone explain this to me? Please, keep the explanation simple as English is not my father language.

As someone from a third-world or developing country (as they say), I sometimes find it challenging to understand the way people from advanced countries, like the US and Europe, think. This is one example: How is it possible that an add-on costs more than the Xenforo software itself? Can someone explain this to me? Please, keep the explanation simple as English is not my father language.
Generally speaking XenForo can price its products lower due to more people buying it, thus the development cost being spread across more buyers. Supply and demand.
$150 x 1000 licence buyers is $150,000.

Addon developers who believe their product won't attract the "mass market" of Addon buyers has to have a higher price per unit (unit = licence) to recoup the costs. If only 10 people buy this that's only $2,500.

Not that I'm agreeing with the cost just explaining some of the thought processes behind it. It's a catch 22 as you can sometimes get more purchases with lower pricing but depends on the demand for the product.

Generally speaking XenForo can price its products lower due to more people buying it, thus the development cost being spread across more buyers. Supply and demand.
$150 x 1000 licence buyers is $150,000.

Addon developers who believe their product won't attract the "mass market" of Addon buyers has to have a higher price per unit (unit = licence) to recoup the costs. If only 10 people buy this that's only $2,500.

Not that I'm agreeing with the cost just explaining some of the thought processes behind it. It's a catch 22 as you can sometimes get more purchases with lower pricing but depends on the demand for the product.
Lower prices mean more people can afford to buy. Sales may be higher.

A seller is free to set any price as high as they want. It's their right. However, the thoughts of potential buyers cannot be controlled. Words like greedy, excessive, insensitive, unwise, and other terms may come to the minds of potential buyers when they see outrageous prices.

Lower prices mean more people can afford to buy. Sales may be higher.

A seller is free to set any price as high as they want. It's their right. However, the thoughts of potential buyers cannot be controlled. Words like greedy, excessive, insensitive, unwise, and other terms may come to the minds of potential buyers when they see outrageous prices.

The developer of this add-on has a habit of not preferring many people to purchase the add-on he creates.

You can observe this image file. Most of his add-ons only have a few customers.

While that number, for other developers, could be in the hundreds or thousands in terms of purchases.

Therefore, I believe this is his personal preference. He only wants to program for fun and not for economic purposes, so he doesn't need many customers.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 174924.png

This appears to contradict his claims of doing projects for the community.
1690369010392.webp

The developer of this add-on has a habit of not preferring many people to purchase the add-on he creates.

You can observe this image file. Most of his add-ons only have a few customers.

While that number, for other developers, could be in the hundreds or thousands in terms of purchases.

Therefore, I believe this is his personal preference. He only wants to program for fun and not for economic purposes, so he doesn't need many customers.

View attachment 289071

This appears to contradict his claims of doing projects for the community.
View attachment 289072
I got it.
He only wants to program for fun and not for economic purposes, so he doesn't need many customers.
???

Hello,

XenForo WebSockets has several solutions for your situation:
1. Use Pusher.com
2. Buy a separate VPS and set up a WebSockets server on it

I hope you find a solution for yourself :)
Hi,

I used Pusher and I correctly filled in the requested contact details (I receive the statistics on the Pusher site) but I have the Chat which remains on "Connecting...", I have nothing displayed . I think it is due to my server restriction

Hi,

I used Pusher and I correctly filled in the requested contact details (I receive the statistics on the Pusher site) but I have the Chat which remains on "Connecting...", I have nothing displayed . I think it is due to my server restriction
Hello,

Can I get a test account to analyze the problem please?

Kind regards,

Top Bottom