[021] XenForo WebSockets [Deleted]

WebSockets is a technique that allows XF to interact in real-time. However, as of now, it seems that each add-on developer on XF is going in their own direction without any collaboration or unified approach to share or develop together.

As for your initial question, no, I am not involved with the addon or author in any way on XF.

I mean that's just the nature of things and why we have more than one dev and dev stream. Until XF does this natively it'll be as it is.

So some quick questions I havent seen answered...
  1. If I use Pusher do I use "beams" or "Channels" when I set up my account?
  2. Do I then set the port to 443 for Pusher?
  3. Also the only keys I see on Pusher is the "Instance ID" and "Primary key", no other keys. What keys do I use exactly?
  4. What is cluster closest to me as I don't see that either on pusher?

1. If I use Pusher do I use "beams" or "Channels" when I set up my account?
  2. Do I then set the port to 443 for Pusher?
  3. Also the only keys I see on Pusher is the "Instance ID" and "Primary key", no other keys. What keys do I use exactly?
You'll find answers to these questions in the add-on's documentation.

What is cluster closest to me as I don't see that either on pusher?
This question is not directly related to the add-on at all. I'm a developer, not a Google Maps or a geography teacher. And besides, you didn't even say where you were :D

Best regards,

You'll find answers to these questions in the add-on's documentation.

This question is not directly related to the add-on at all. I'm a developer, not a Google Maps or a geography teacher. And besides, you didn't even say where you were :D

Best regards,
When you first enter Pusher.com and create an account, it asks you what kind, either Channels or Beams.
I chose beams originally and was not greeted with the keys and stuff I needed, so I created a channels account and the keys the addon options calls for are there now.
So I entered the keys in the addons options as instructed, but nothing changes. I still have to refresh the page to see new alerts and such. I even changed the port from 2096 to 443, but no change.

***EDIT
Seems to have started working now.

Last edited:
In the near future, be possible to implement a real-time conversation similar to your real-time thread addons ?

This enhancement would greatly enhance the native system and provide users with the ability to engage in live conversations.

In the near future, be possible to implement a real-time conversation similar to your real-time thread addons ?

This enhancement would greatly enhance the native system and provide users with the ability to engage in live conversations.

* Some elements in the screenshots are no longer relevant.

* Some elements in the screenshots are no longer relevant.
Oh I hadn't seen it! Sounds great! 😎 But will the system work with the native system, or have you created a separate messaging system?

Oh I hadn't seen it! Sounds great! 😎 But will the system work with the native system, or have you created a separate messaging system?
Everything works on the basis of standard conversations with support for all forum functions. You can already test it on devsell.io

Does "external calls" allow sending stuff to another service?

Like when new posts are created (not replies), it could push a response forward to Guilded? (its a discord alternative that has discord-compatible webhook formatting)

Everything works on the basis of standard conversations with support for all forum functions. You can already test it on devsell.io

On devsell.io I only see the messenger style conversations, will Live work with just plain normal xenForo conversations like they do for threads?

There should be an option to disable this for guests - the Pusher Sandbox plan has a limit of 100 concurrent connections which can be blown right through if you include active guests.
Please make this possible.

Also, the real-time feature isn't useful / not working with Guest page caching enabled.

Top Bottom