[021] XenForo Messenger [Deleted]

That looks brilliant. Out of curiosity, why is the price tag so hefty?

Not calling you out, just curious as I don't know what it involves.

$400 for chat??? should i abandon arrowchat for this? its more than xenforo costs lol.....i really cant imagine how this makes any sense?

The idea is great, but I think for a version 1.0 it would be better that have an "introduction" or beta price tag. So it will be affordable for more users as most users won't just pay 150 bucks. This would also beneficial for you as more users would likely buy the add-on, and leave a review. After that, you could increase the price tag! But the add-on looks good!

The idea is great, but I think for a version 1.0 it would be better that have an "introduction" or beta price tag. So it will be affordable for more users as most users won't just pay 150 bucks. This would also beneficial for you as more users would likely buy the add-on, and leave a review. After that, you could increase the price tag! But the add-on looks good!
its 400$ look closer ;)

Yeah agree with this. For both add-ons that's $400. It doesn't make sense. I would also wait for 2.3 because who knows what that will bring. Perhaps the price should be dropped for this reason too. A "beta" or first few purchases get discounted price.

my question is the following, if in the future, this addon loses support, will the conversations return to be normal Xenforo messages?

Yes, the add-on can be disabled at any time without any loss :)
I think what @lucien_lies meant is what would happen if the support ends.
To reply to this question, you would still be able to use the add-on, but you won't be able to ask for further questions to him, unless you pay for it. But IMO, you can always just ask and someone would likely answer your question, even if the support is expired. You will not lose the plugin. What 021 is referring to is that you can disable the plugin at any time, without losing the conversations.

Reactions: 021
I think what @lucien_lies meant is what would happen if the support ends.
To reply to this question, you would still be able to use the add-on, but you won't be able to ask for further questions to him, unless you pay for it. But IMO, you can always just ask and someone would likely answer your question, even if the support is expired. You will not lose the plugin. What 021 is referring to is that you can disable the plugin at any time, without losing the conversations.
I mean if the conversations made with this addon become xenforo conversations again when you unistall it, so no information is lost, which is valuable in my community.
Yes, the add-on can be disabled at any time without any loss :)

By the way, if I understood correctly, it is necessary to have the other addon that is worth +200 USD , right?

I mean if the conversations made with this addon become xenforo conversations again when you unistall it, so no information is lost, which is valuable in my community.
After uninstallation Information will not be lost.

By the way, if I understood correctly, it is necessary to have the other addon that is worth +200 USD , right?
Yes, you can buy them at a reduced price in a pack:

I recommend that you familiarize yourself with the contents of the pack at this link:

Besides looking good (simply custom css) how does the current functionality and features of this justify the price tag? I mean, let’s be real here…

Maybe go into more detail for the feature list. Right now - things don’t feel justified. But I also acknowledge every addon author can choose whatever he feels is appropriate.

Besides looking good (simply custom css) how does the current functionality and features of this justify the price tag? I mean, let’s be real here…

Maybe go into more detail for the feature list. Right now - things don’t feel justified. But I also acknowledge every addon author can choose whatever he feels is appropriate.
Hello,

Look at this links:

Many write about the high price tag - I was waiting for such a reaction.

For $369.99 you can get a full-featured chat and conversations that works at the Telegram level with ton of features, including ChatGPT integration + 2100 animated smilies. This is a huge work, the stability and functionality of which is unparalleled. It's a whole ecosystem of add-ons that will cost you thousands of dollars to develop.

In the 6 years of existence of XenForo 2, nothing has been created that comes close to such a proposal. And nothing foreshadows such proposals. Therefore, if you want to get a unique update that radically changes the perception of your forum – Chat UI Kit is what you need.

But for the majority, it will remain just an expensive thing that they cannot afford, and this is normal, because this is a premium segment :)

Updated: In addition to what I wrote above, I want to draw attention to something that is not the most obvious. A large part of your income depends on conversations: XenForo does not have a conversations system that allows you to communicate comfortably, so people leave your site for instant messengers when they need to chat. At this point, you lose a visitor. With the same add-on, the user will not need to go anywhere to get a comfortable communication experience. It will stay on your forum even longer.

Last edited:
I don't have any opinion on whether the price is high or low.

Since this add-on might have very few buyers, it requires an appropriate price to balance the costs.

I find the add-on interesting and would like to purchase it, but when I learned about the price, it lost its appeal.

It's okay whether it's there or not.

I don't think people use XenForo as a replacement for Telegram for chatting.

In any case, Telegram is currently much better.

Hello,

Look at this links:

Many write about the high price tag - I was waiting for such a reaction.

For $369.99 you can get a full-featured chat and conversations that works at the Telegram level with ton of features, including ChatGPT integration + 2100 animated smilies. This is a huge work, the stability and functionality of which is unparalleled. It's a whole ecosystem of add-ons that will cost you thousands of dollars to develop.

In the 6 years of existence of XenForo 2, nothing has been created that comes close to such a proposal. And nothing foreshadows such proposals. Therefore, if you want to get a unique update that radically changes the perception of your forum – Chat UI Kit is what you need.

But for the majority, it will remain just an expensive thing that they cannot afford, and this is normal, because this is a premium segment :)

Updated: In addition to what I wrote above, I want to draw attention to something that is not the most obvious. A large part of your income depends on conversations: XenForo does not have a conversations system that allows you to communicate comfortably, so people leave your site for instant messengers when they need to chat. At this point, you lose a visitor. With the same add-on, the user will not need to go anywhere to get a comfortable communication experience. It will stay on your forum even longer.
That is all fine and dandy, but at the end of the day - the amount of "bites" (downloads) you are receiving at that $369.99 pricetag is pretty revealing.

1690298738524.png

That is all fine and dandy, but at the end of the day - the amount of "bites" (downloads) you are receiving at that $369.99 pricetag is pretty revealing.

View attachment 289032
This number does not reflect the number of people who bought the kit, as this resource only opens access to other resources :)

In any case, even five customers a month are enough for me, because my main idea in this whole story is to create a cool product, not the number of sales. I would not do this solely for business, I had the idea of creating something like this for a long time, since it always seemed strange and terribly inconvenient to me that in places that are created for communication, it is impossible to communicate comfortably and quickly. I created such a product for my own pleasure, investing a lot of time and effort into it and getting wild pleasure from it. Now I share this product with those who are ready to appreciate this work and share my investment with me. So for now I'm happy with the result, which can't be said about the haters :D

Critiquing the strategy of specific pricing or the value proposition is one thing: a valid position to hold.

But the sheer sense of entitlement and visceral bitterness towards the pricing shown by many here is very odd and sad to see.

Can anyone point to a more competitively priced alternative that even comes close to the slickness and polish shown here?

The price is a bit too steep for me personally at the moment but it’s an option I’m keeping in mind for the future. No need for any snark on my end.

Premium products fetch premium pricing all the time it’s not some brand new innovation.

Your addons are great. I would buy this one for $150 no problem.

The issue for me is that I have no interest in installing the other addons I need to get this. I don't need or want real-time chat, so the value is not there for me. Make this work as a stand-alone purchase at <$200 and I'd buy it. Thanks anyway, keep up the good work.

Top Bottom