[021] XenForo Messenger [Deleted]

i would actually buy the nulled pack if it was priced for 150$ rather than 400$ which is insane for a xenforo addon
It's good that I made a piracy defense against such "geniuses". But if you ever get the opportunity, be sure to take it so I can sue you :)

It's good that I made a piracy defense against such "geniuses". But if you ever get the opportunity, be sure to take it so I can sue you :)
i'm all against piracy but i've seen people selling your pack on some websites, i've seen some use it too

i'm all against piracy but i've seen people selling your pack on some websites, i've seen some use it too
If you were against piracy, you would simply leave a complaint about a resource that distributes pirated copies, and not write "I would piracy because it's expensive." I worked on this long and painstakingly, I have the intellectual property for this development and you should not care how much I decided to sell it for. I'm not even a company that makes millions of dollars. By pirating my products, you are literally stealing from my family. You want a product, but are not willing to pay for it, you want to steal it - this is called greed and it usually does not lead to success (n)

Our team purchased 2 modules: XenForo Messenger and Real-Time Chat for $400 from user @021. However, after installation, they almost immediately stopped working, as the modules operate partially from his server. We contacted the developer, to which they responded that they disabled the use of the modules on our forum, claiming that our forum is somehow involved in supporting the Russian economy, which is not the case. The server and domain are located outside the Russian Federation. Our main admin is Ukrainian, and the part of the administration living in Russia condemns the war and actively supports the Ukrainian people, which we also communicated to the developer.

In the end, he refused to enable the module and EVEN refused to provide a refund, stating that these were voluntary donations.

This individual discredited us based on our nationality, and he doesn't care about who we are as individuals and what our beliefs are. We request the administration to oblige to indicate in large visible font that the author strictly observes his license agreement and the purchase (donate, as the author puts it) is prohibited for users from Russia.

We are ready to provide all necessary evidence upon request from the administration.

Apologies for the English, it was translated using a translator.

This is something that I notice is happening more and more within this community, which is very sad: people complaining that things are not the way THEY want or feel they should be. All this noise wasted complaining about the cost a developer assigns to their creation is nonsense and sounds more like children whining about a toy they cannot afford to buy.

If you research ANY other chat platform, e.g. cometchat which is closely related to this product, you'll find the pricing that @021 has put for his time is rather fair, if not reasonable.

I certainly could not create an add-on like this. So if you want this type of functionality - which looks very nice - then you pay the price tag for it or make one yourself. Why does anyone feel the need to harass the developer and tell him what he should price his work at?

Maybe people should spend more time being thankful that there are developers building next-level add-ons for our XenForo communities so that we can better modernize and scale our platforms to compete with popular apps.

For my own pocket, yes it's a bit of money, but hey it is what it is. It would not be worthwhile for my community, at this point, but once (if) there's enough user activity to justify the purchase I am certainly jumping on it.

So thank you @021 for developing this add-on and for contributing to our communities. I am sure it is appreciated much more than the price tag is hated.

🫶🫶

This is something that I notice is happening more and more within this community, which is very sad: people complaining that things are not the way THEY want or feel they should be. All this noise wasted complaining about the cost a developer assigns to their creation is nonsense and sounds more like children whining about a toy they cannot afford to buy.

If you research ANY other chat platform, e.g. cometchat which is closely related to this product, you'll find the pricing that @021 has put for his time is rather fair, if not reasonable.

I certainly could not create an add-on like this. So if you want this type of functionality - which looks very nice - then you pay the price tag for it or make one yourself. Why does anyone feel the need to harass the developer and tell him what he should price his work at?

Maybe people should spend more time being thankful that there are developers building next-level add-ons for our XenForo communities so that we can better modernize and scale our platforms to compete with popular apps.

For my own pocket, yes it's a bit of money, but hey it is what it is. It would not be worthwhile for my community, at this point, but once (if) there's enough user activity to justify the purchase I am certainly jumping on it.

So thank you @021 for developing this add-on and for contributing to our communities. I am sure it is appreciated much more than the price tag is hated.

🫶🫶
This has always been a problem, especially when you start getting into doing custom services.

The issue here I think is less about the price itself, and more about the clarity of the price; yes, this module is $150 but it cannot work without the other add-ons. It would be better to sell it as a bundle so that it is clear that the price includes everything that is required.

Alternatively, he could also change the title to "Real-Time Chat: Messenger" which for most people would be clear as it is an additional component.

Generally, the people who complain aren't people who are going to buy the product anyways, and they just want their opinion known even though their opinions account for very little.

It would be better to sell it as a bundle so that it is clear that the price includes everything that is required.

Yes, and my recommendation is to change this resource to the bundle for clarity on pricing; people who already order Real Time are more likely to check your site and see they can buy the individual plugin, whereas people who have not purchased anything are going to see the high price, and then the higher price once they realize there is a high-priced dependency.

It will lessen sticker shock, but won't do anything with the useless complaining on price which you can really only ignore.

Our team purchased 2 modules: XenForo Messenger and Real-Time Chat for $400 from user @021. However, after installation, they almost immediately stopped working, as the modules operate partially from his server. We contacted the developer, to which they responded that they disabled the use of the modules on our forum, claiming that our forum is somehow involved in supporting the Russian economy, which is not the case. The server and domain are located outside the Russian Federation. Our main admin is Ukrainian, and the part of the administration living in Russia condemns the war and actively supports the Ukrainian people, which we also communicated to the developer.

In the end, he refused to enable the module and EVEN refused to provide a refund, stating that these were voluntary donations.

This individual discredited us based on our nationality, and he doesn't care about who we are as individuals and what our beliefs are. We request the administration to oblige to indicate in large visible font that the author strictly observes his license agreement and the purchase (donate, as the author puts it) is prohibited for users from Russia.

We are ready to provide all necessary evidence upon request from the administration.

Apologies for the English, it was translated using a translator.

I think this issue needs to be clarified.

@Brogan

🫶🫶

It is merely the business of buying, selling, and exchanging goods and money.

You don't have to thank Nike or Adidas when you buy their shoes.

Do you understand, dear friend?

To reply to this question, you would still be able to use the add-on
Hmm, not sure, the JS are not located on your own server.
If you want to have them on your server (for data privacy reasons for example) it seems you have to subscribe to the Enterprise Kit which is "999,99$"
1691769154358.webp

Hmm, not sure, the JS are not located on your own server.
If you want to have them on your server (for data privacy reasons for example) it seems you have to subscribe to the Enterprise Kit which is "999,99$"
View attachment 289790

I'm still not quite clear about this part.

Does it mean that currently, after purchasing the add-on, the program still needs to connect to the programmers' servers when it operates?

In the event that a connection cannot be established for any reason, such as the server being down, would the add-on still function?

Does it mean that currently, after purchasing the add-on, the program still needs to connect to the programmers' servers when it operates?
The Private Add-on requires certain JavaScript (JS) files to work, which are downloaded from cdn.devsell.io.
In the event that a connection cannot be established for any reason, such as the server being down, would the add-on still function?
No

Top Bottom