[021] Real-Time Chat [Deleted]

This is almost true, version 1.x will only be updated to fix existing issues

Awesome. No problem at all given how much work you put into this already. I haven't set this up yet but I just yesterday finally took my large forum to v2.2.x and I had been waiting until then to finally start messing with this.

Reactions: 021
Our team purchased 2 modules: XenForo Messenger and Real-Time Chat for $400 from user @021. However, after installation, they almost immediately stopped working, as the modules operate partially from his server. We contacted the developer, to which they responded that they disabled the use of the modules on our forum, claiming that our forum is somehow involved in supporting the Russian economy, which is not the case. The server and domain are located outside the Russian Federation. Our main admin is Ukrainian, and the part of the administration living in Russia condemns the war and actively supports the Ukrainian people, which we also communicated to the developer.

In the end, he refused to enable the module and EVEN refused to provide a refund, stating that these were voluntary donations.

This individual discredited us based on our nationality, and he doesn't care about who we are as individuals and what our beliefs are. We request the administration to oblige to indicate in large visible font that the author strictly observes his license agreement and the purchase (donate, as the author puts it) is prohibited for users from Russia.

We are ready to provide all necessary evidence upon request from the administration.

Apologies for the English, it was translated using a translator.

Our team purchased 2 modules: XenForo Messenger and Real-Time Chat for $400 from user @021. However, after installation, they almost immediately stopped working, as the modules operate partially from his server. We contacted the developer, to which they responded that they disabled the use of the modules on our forum, claiming that our forum is somehow involved in supporting the Russian economy, which is not the case. The server and domain are located outside the Russian Federation. Our main admin is Ukrainian, and the part of the administration living in Russia condemns the war and actively supports the Ukrainian people, which we also communicated to the developer.

In the end, he refused to enable the module and EVEN refused to provide a refund, stating that these were voluntary donations.

This individual discredited us based on our nationality, and he doesn't care about who we are as individuals and what our beliefs are. We request the administration to oblige to indicate in large visible font that the author strictly observes his license agreement and the purchase (donate, as the author puts it) is prohibited for users from Russia.

We are ready to provide all necessary evidence upon request from the administration.

Apologies for the English, it was translated using a translator.
Well, this is going to be an interesting case.

Well, it seems this situation needs my comment.

1. A war has been going on in Ukraine for more than a year, sponsored by citizens of the Russian Federation. Every purchase they make pays for the bullets they use to shoot civilians in basements and the rockets they use to kill children in shopping malls. Their personalities and attitudes towards the war do not affect this fact in any way.
2. For this reason, the forum rules state that access to it is prohibited to citizens of the Russian Federation and persons associated with the payment of taxes in this country.
3. Also, registration restrictions were introduced on the forum for some mails used by citizens of the Russian Federation, such as Yandex and Mail.ru. Also, the forum is completely inaccessible from the Russian IP. Also, for several months after the start of the war, there was a big notice on the forum that said that this forum was no longer available to citizens of the Russian Federation. Also, all Russian accounts that I could find were banned; – I did everything possible to limit the access of Russians to my resource.
4. Both add-ons have a license agreement that clearly states that the product is non-refundable once accessed by download.

So, this person made a purchase, bypassing the introduced restrictions and downloaded both add-ons. The purchase made me pay attention to this account and take a look at the site for which the license was purchased. There I saw ads from Yandex, Sberbank and other major Russian taxpayers and the forum itself is a market for services for Russians. Then the user was then banned for violating forum rules.
The next day this person contacted me by mail and requested an unbanning, stating that he himself is "a hostage of his country, obligated to abide by their laws and unable to do anything about it", while the owner of the platform is, in fact, a Ukrainian. I explained to him that the problem is that their site provides for the economy of the Russian Federation and therefore cooperation between us is impossible. After several more attempts to get an unban / refund with the manipulation of the fact that one of the administrators of their forum is Ukrainian, and they are "against the war", the person said that he had been bypassing the protection of the add-on all the time we were talking and successfully hacked it. Ta-dah! :)

To be honest, I myself do not like this situation and I banned this account with some moral effort, but I acted within the forum rules and the license agreement with which the person agreed.

Top Bottom