Additional requirements
php 7.2+
Standard Library v1.18.0+ by Xon
Outbound HTTP & DNS requests
socket_create support for portscaning
License
https://atelieraphelion.com/products/license-agreement
Updates duration
12 Months ($30 Yearly Renewal + GST for Australian Residents)
Visible branding
No
From (simple) multiple accounts detection to isp/connection fingerprinting with score-based moderating/rejecting logic. These are very effective low-hanging fruit at reducing spam.

Supports migration configuration from the following XF1 add-ons;
  • TPU Spam Detect
  • Alter ego Detector
See the FAQ Known Issues for known limitations. This is not a turn-key solution, and each site may require customization!

For multiple account detection, supports reporting to reports/threads. And will send reports to the same report/thread. To send to thread you must select the "Multi-account to thread" extra.

For connection fingerprinting more additional information is collected and recorded on the account.

Note; Configuration defaults are conservative, aimed at blocking VPNs and proxies. There are a large number of configuration options for this add-on!

Link content spam checking

Instead of adding the spam phrases http:///https:// which generate lots of false positives; this allows controlling how links are treated by the content spam checker;
  • Explicitly allow URLs with a given domain
  • Explicitly moderate URLs with a given domain
  • Explicitly reject URLs with a given domain
  • Default allow/moderate/reject for unclassified URLs

Multiple account handling permissions
  • Bypass multiple account checking
  • Can enable / disable alerting for user
  • Can enable / disable alerting for log
  • View reportings.
Use Multiple account to thread add-on to send multiple account reports to threads.

Per-user whitelist:

Multiple account logs per-user:
Related resources
  • upload_2018-10-11_18-9-11.webp
    upload_2018-10-11_18-9-11.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 2,229
  • upload_2018-10-11_18-10-8.webp
    upload_2018-10-11_18-10-8.webp
    56.9 KB · Views: 2,148
  • upload_2018-10-11_18-10-37.webp
    upload_2018-10-11_18-10-37.webp
    57 KB · Views: 2,020
  • upload_2018-10-11_18-10-54.webp
    upload_2018-10-11_18-10-54.webp
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,946
  • upload_2018-10-11_18-11-51.webp
    upload_2018-10-11_18-11-51.webp
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,876
  • upload_2018-10-11_18-12-8.webp
    upload_2018-10-11_18-12-8.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,721
  • upload_2018-10-11_18-12-35.webp
    upload_2018-10-11_18-12-35.webp
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,847
Author
Xon
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 20 ratings

More resources from Xon

Latest updates

1. 1.15.6 - Maintenance update

Fix "Banned emails must be unique. The specified banned email is already in use" occurring when...
  2. 1.15.5 - Bugfix update

Update link to team-cymru's ip to ASN mapping service Fix spam-check for account details page...
  3. 1.15.4

Fix error blocking a user editing their account details when spam checking was required, and a...

Latest reviews

Used to be absolutely overrun by spam bots, even though I don't run a "real" forum. Tried pretty much every CAPTCHA and it felt like barely a speed bump. This addon catches the majority of them, to the point where I rarely have to even delete any spam at all. 100% recommended.
Took care of all my spambot problems! SO GLAD I found this plugin and the developer took the time to help me with the install.
This addon works perfectly. Also using the Report to Conversation and Report to Thread child addons. Our primary need was for multiple account detection as we have a number of evil-doers who try to either bypass bans or assume multiple personalities just to annoy our community. It's also helpful in flagging people who register new accounts because they have forgotten their username or password and have an old email in their account. This alerts me to the opportunity to merge their accounts. Xon is an excellent developer and he helped me work through a couple installation issues. I would have gladly paid twice the price for this high quality piece of software.
This has basically cut down the majority of spam I was getting (20-30 per day at one point), and also has helped with people trying to bypass account bans about 80% of the time.

One of the most valuable addons I've purchased.
This spam blocking addon by Xon is absolutely essential for any XF install. It's kept our forums basically free of spam since I installed it. Xon's paid and free addons are top-notch, frequently updated and support is excellent.
If you have a large forum and are not using this, you are screwing yourself. This addon is insanely good and the developer frequently updates, unlike most addon devs...
I've used this for over a year on a large forum with over 20 million posts. It's been working with no problems. We get a LOT of spam signups and this is pretty helpful to get rid of them. Configuration is complicated, and it does reject some users who I later choose to accept, but it works.
So glad to see this addon with updates as needed! The work you put into this is very much appreciated!
The most useful XenForo add-on. Combats duplicate accounts, bots, spam, VPNs, proxies, bad IPs. Worth every cent.
Another addon truly worthy of a 6 star rating.

Hugely powerful with a plethora of options, and constant evolution to ensure that any new potential ways to allow spammers/scammers into your site, is slammed fast.

The ASN Connection matching and proxy blocking is absolutely brilliant and when configured correctly you end up with an insanely powerful protection mechanism for your forum.

If you value your forum, buy it. It really is a no brainer!
Top Bottom