Port scanning proxy
- This is not a turn-key solution for blocking spam, but rather a toolkit.
- On banning a spammer, it is recommended to check the "User Registration Record" for that user and check the signup IP to see if it is associated with an ISP which provides VPN, hosting, or proxy services but not residential services
If so, you may wish to consider adding that ISP to be grey listed (ie auto-moderate) or blacklisted (auto-reject).
- "Multi-account to thread" does not support merging threads, it will generate a new report thread if it's target is merged or hard deleted.
- There may be GDPR considerations due to the additional information collected and exposed to staff. This information is currently not purged when the account is deleted.
- Geo location information is not an exact science, and VPN providers are adversarial at ensuring ip-geo location may not be accurate
Bundled with this add-on is a simple php script to run the port-scanner service remotely (
on a webserver somewhere, allowing only your webserver to access it! and then enter the URL into the relevant add-on option.