A Collection of improvements to XF's Enhanced Search (Elastic Search). Does NOT work with MySQL search.
- Compatible XF Versions:
- Additional Requirements:
- php +5.4
XenForo Enhanced Search
Elastic Search 1.x, 2.x, 5.x
- MIT Licence
- Visible Branding:
- range_query search DSL
- allows arbitrary range queries for numerical data
- Allow users to select the default search order independent for the forum wide setting.
- Per content type weighting
- Adds Elastic Search information to the AdminCP home screen.
- Enhanced Search Syntax (disabled by default)
- The simple_query_string supports the following special characters:
In order to search for any of these special characters, they will need to be escaped with \.
- + signifies AND operation
- | signifies OR operation
- - negates a single token
- " wraps a number of tokens to signify a phrase for searching
- * at the end of a term signifies a prefix query
- ( and ) signify precedence
- ~N after a word signifies edit distance (fuzziness)
- ~N after a phrase signifies slop amount
Note; this was a semi-private add-on used for a month before this public release.
- Search Options
I recommend using Add-on install & upgrade to install this add-on.
Contributing features or bug fixes
Please create a Github Pull request via the "Find more info at github.com..." link.
If you appreciate this add-on, please consider a contribution via PayPal. Details will be provide via private conversation.
Please contact me if you wish for different licencing arrangements.