1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enhanced Search Improvements 1.1.1

XFES Improvements

1. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Xon submitted a new resource:

Enhanced Search Improvements - XFES Improvements

Read more about this resource...
  2. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

@Stuart Wright this add-on support content type weighting for general searches without requiring re-indexing. It is a bit fiddly getting the weighting right, and I'ld love feed back on it.
  3. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

How does this improve things? I dont fully understand this.
  4. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

The range search allows numerical values to be searched for between two bounds (or greater/less than one bound). I use this in my word count search add-on and in the next version of Report Improvements add-on.

This allows you to find all posts with more than 1000 words, or every time a warning with exactly 500 warning points is deleted.

The per-content type weighting allows biasing search results based off content type. For example, I can make conversations nearly always return above posts.
  5. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

I'm none the wiser, I'm afraid. Could you write the description of what this does appropriate for dummies please?
  6. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Besides being the foundation of for some of my other add-ons (word count search for example), it allows you to accomplish this:
    Stuart Wright likes this.
  7. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

8. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

9. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

10. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

The Forum Heroes likes this.
  11. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member