Zend Studio, or Eclipse PDT?

Zend Studio, or Eclipse PDT?

• Total voters

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
I'm asking what you use, or what you would use, and why.

I tried the Zend Studio trial, and I loved it. Just the fact that it had the ability to automatically override and implement methods was a massive timesaver...

It also seemed faster than Eclipse (even though it's build on Eclipse).

The only issue: It's paid software, and my trial expired, which means I'm back to Eclipse and doing almost everything by hand :(

So, have you purchased Zend Studio? Why? What made you? Or do you use the Eclipse PDT Plugin? Or do you not use an IDE at all...?

Just curious is all...

Liam

P.S Does anyone know of any way to purchase a Zend Studio license cheaper somewhere else, legitimately obviously?

If you haven't already, try a trial of it.

It's one of the few IDEs that isn't built on Eclipse and for performance and reliability (I use it on Mac and Windows) it's awesome compared to Eclipse and Zend.

Oh. And it's much cheaper than Zend Studio.

If you haven't already, try a trial of it.

It's one of the few IDEs that isn't built on Eclipse and for performance and reliability (I use it on Mac and Windows) it's awesome compared to Eclipse and Zend.

Oh. And it's much cheaper than Zend Studio.

Just installed it, will try it tomorrow.

If you only develop on Windows, then I suggest checking out NuSphere PhpEd too. Native Windows application. No Java.

@Brogan uses it,

another vote for NuSphere PhpEd from me too. Although work won't buy me a copy to use for "business" so I still have to resort to vim at work

upload_2014-1-4_23-12-12.webp

u have many choice for me i use many ^_^
hhhh for fast editing i use sublime Text 3
for normal php code i use phpstorm
for mvc i use zend studio
i use netbense and eclipse i just dont like them =_= they crash on my pc to many times
=\ my pc (laptop ) >> i7 , 6GB ram ..

Top Bottom