1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zend Studio 10 50% off

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by BamaStangGuy, Mar 2, 2013.

1. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

Shamil, CallieJo and EQnoble like this.
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

Definitely worth it... I was super lucky and got it for $29.99 during their pre-release sale for the first 100 buyers, but I'd still get it for $150... hell, I'd pay full price and fork up $300 if I had to.
    EQnoble likes this.
  3. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

Yea I was pissed I missed that sale. I had to only miss it by minutes because I tried to get it just a few minutes after you posted here about it. I went ahead and bought it today.
  4. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I also saw that and I also missed that sale by the time I could purchase...it would have been really nice.
  5. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing that much of an improvement to justify the upgrade cost from 9 to 10. That said, I am working in a different IDE now.
  6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I haven't tried 10... 9 majorly put me off. Not that it's a bad product. Just that java apps suck for me.
    Luke F likes this.
  7. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

Which is?...
  8. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

The IDE? I'm using Intelli IDEA, it's given me the best performance so far... I started out with Eclipse, then Zend Studio, then Netbeans, then PHPStorm, now IDEA. [Both PHPStorm and IDEA are Jetbrains' products].
    tyteen4a03 and Lucas like this.
  9. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

What are the benefits of the PHP plugin for IDEA vs Php Storm?
  10. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

PhpStorm is based on IntelliJ IDEA, however, there are minor differences - PhpStorm allows for easy project creation, whilst IDEA does not. Actually, that's the only difference I've noticed; because both are so modular, I can have all of the features in PhpStorm, in IDEA - but not visa versa: ex. Java support.
    I've been doing a lot more Java work recently, so it makes sense for me to be using IDEA as opposed to PhpStorm.
    Chris D likes this.