RackMountain New KVM Plans! 50% Off + Free Installs! Start Your Climb Today!

Sir nick

Hello potential climbers,
I’m Nick from Rackmountain and I’m here to drop you yet another offer, but before we get into the offer lets go through some background history of RackMountain.

RackMountain was started February 1st by “Nick Perkins” and with one goal “To Climb You To The Top!”. With our goal set we worked nights and days trying to get the best quality hardware at some of the best pricing. RackMountain understands people get what they pay for and understand we are not the cheapest provider, but we don’t want to oversell or give users low grade equipment. So anyway before I start ranting on and on let’s move on to the meat of this post ;)

Hardware Information
8-16GB of DDR3 RAM​
Dual 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drives in RAID1​

Test Information
Test IPv4 Address: 66.96.192.92
Test IPv6 Address: Not Yet Available :\
Test Downloads: http://66.96.192.92/bigtest.tgz

Now with that out of the way let’s get to what you’ve all been waiting for the offer! RackMountain is offer 50% off its BurstNet KVM virtual servers to all new climbers and to all old climbers. Just pick one of these virtual servers and use the coupon “50off”. Make sure you hurry and take advantage of the offer cause once it is gone it is gone forever (Or a very long time).

Also a special deal for you guys using XenForo! Were offering a free install of XenForo with your plan (Regular price $10). All you need to do is order the plan and then install a control panel (Note: If you order cPanel / DirectAdmin we will install those for you), then open a support ticket and our team will get right on it :).

RackMountain BurstNET KVM Plans

Base Camp – Just starting the climb up
512MB of Dedicated RAM
20GB of Diskspace
500GB of Bandwidth
Shared CPU (1 Core Access)
KVM Virtualization
Pricing: $20.00/month Now $10.00
Order Now!

Camp Ascending – Slowly making your approach towards to the top
1024MB of Dedicated RAM
40GB of Diskspace
1000GB of Bandwidth
Shared CPU (2 Core Access)
KVM Virtualization
Pricing: $40.00/month Now $20.00
Order Now!

Camp Acclimation - Stop and get adjusted to the new air
2048MB of Dedicated RAM
80GB of Diskspace
1500GB of Bandwidth
Shared CPU (3 Core Access)
KVM Virtualization
Pricing: $80.00/month Now $40
Order Now!

Soaring – Chill with the birds and clouds ;)
4096MB of Dedicated RAM
160GB of Diskspace
2000GB of Bandwidth
Shared CPU (4 Core Access)
KVM Virtualization
Pricing: $160.00/month Now $80
Order Now!

Why Chose RackMountain?

We care- Unlike a lot of hosts we do like to see how are clients are doing and give them help and advice. We never would want to have robots do tickets or even outsourced people as they won’t care at all about you. We will truly lead you in the right directions and maybe even send you stuff around holidays ;).​

Overselling- A thing you will never have to worry about from us. Like we said above we aren’t the cheapest but when you compare us to others (who don’t oversell) you’ll truly see we have some of the best offers.​

Support- We don’t hold your hand up the mountain or provide safety ropes (YET), but we do have community support to help you. RackMountain takes advantage of letting your fellow climbers help you and give support. Our team will help from time to time and you will see our responses first if we have the time. Not only that but we offer support VIA Twitter and FaceBook we know how people can’t get off those ;)

RackMountain Links
Official Site - Kind of like our HQ in a way
Client Area – Where all things billing go down
Community Support – Climbers safety net
GetSatisfaction – Voice your thoughts/suggestions/praise and problems with us
Twitter – Coupons and support what’s not to love?
FaceBook – Coming really soon we promise ;)

Client Thoughts!
Excellent! Lightning fast support!

F.A.Q

Question - I’d like to sign up but I can’t afford it, will you work with me?
Response – We’d be glad to work with you please send a email to nick[@]rackmountain.com and we will get back to you A.S.A.P

Question - Do you offer managed plans?
Response - Sorry but currently we don’t support managed plans. In the future we will look into providing them.

Question – Is setup instantly?
Response – Yes setup will be almost instantly. Note: Could take up to 10 minutes to receive information. If you don’t receive any information send an email to support[@]rackmountain.com

Question – What no support but why?
Response – Recently we’ve noticed to many times we go and check tickets and we have users not understanding “managed” and “unmanaged”. Not only that just because we want to change the “game” up (as some would say).​

Well I hope to see some new climbers over this offer as I’d jump for it myself ;). Look forward to seeing you all soon if you need anything don’t hesitate to get in touch with me at nick[@]rackmountain.com.

I'm having a lot of downtime issues with my current host (he's hosting me for nothing, so meh). It seems that his setup doesn't like XenForo too much, the most common issue is "too many connections" with Zend.

Is your setup optimised for XenForo? Any examples of one installed? We're just starting out, so I doubt I'd need anything more than the base package for a long while.. Does cPanel cost extra?

I'm having a lot of downtime issues with my current host (he's hosting me for nothing, so meh). It seems that his setup doesn't like XenForo too much, the most common issue is "too many connections" with Zend.

Is your setup optimised for XenForo? Any examples of one installed? We're just starting out, so I doubt I'd need anything more than the base package for a long while.. Does cPanel cost extra?

Hello xOBKx,

Sadly we don't optimize it , but I'm sure if you search around you'll find plenty of optimization tips by the great XenForo community. As for cPanel yes it does cost extra.

2 sata drives and raid1 ? that cant survive a busy forum with high io of mysql

Hello Ankurs,

In the future once we have a few nodes sold we are going to be upgrading to better hardware

Better Data-Center and Hardware!
Many have been informed we are re-working our business plans as SoftLayer virtual servers didn’t do so well… Anyway we’ve reached a point where we can tell you some information about the future and what we’re doing to better your service. Currently as you all know are virtual servers are located in BurstNET, but in the near future if we sell enough we will be migrating to a premium provider / network, and premium hardware. I bet you want to know right? Well were going to be migrating all servers to Chicago, Illinois, and upgrading the hardware. Below you will find some hardware configurations we have setup and are going to be using.

Dual Intel E5620 2.40GHz, 24GB DDR3 ECC Ram, x4 600GB SAS 15K Drives In RAID10 (KVM )
Dual Intel E5405 2.00GHz 12GB DDR3 ECC RAM, x2 450GB SAS15K Drives In RAID1 (KVM)
Dual Intel E5620 2.40GHz 24/ DDR3 ECC RAM, x2 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s Drives In RAID0 (OpenVZ)
Intel E5520 2.26GHz, 18GB DDR3 ECC RAM, x2 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s In RAID0 (OpenVZ)

From our future blog post

Dual Intel E5620 2.40GHz, 24GB DDR3 ECC Ram, x4 600GB SAS 15K Drives In RAID10 (KVM )
looks fine, but only 4 drives ? disk will be a bottleneck here; use x8 300gb sas

Dual Intel E5405 2.00GHz 12GB DDR3 ECC RAM, x2 450GB SAS15K Drives In RAID1 (KVM)
Dual Intel E5620 2.40GHz 24/ DDR3 ECC RAM, x2 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s Drives In RAID0 (OpenVZ)
Intel E5520 2.26GHz, 18GB DDR3 ECC RAM, x2 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s In RAID0 (OpenVZ)
RAID0 ? really , i wont even use it for my PC

if you need good io, just use raid10 & if you are going to have a lot of vps nodes on it then use 8 drives atleast

looks fine, but only 4 drives ? disk will be a bottleneck here; use x8 300gb sas

RAID0 ? really , i wont even use it for my PC

if you need good io, just use raid10 & if you are going to have a lot of vps nodes on it then use 8 drives atleast

Remember these aren't just built for forums. Lots of hosts don't even use SAS drives so they will be good. As for RAID0 yes, it's because those are budget servers. If they go up to a KVM node they don't have to worry about RAID0. So it really comes to the matter of what's your budget?

What's the registered company number so I can look into it before I invest into servers?
I notice the IP is not owned by you, but a parent company. Is this a reseller situation or do you have colocation at the data center? Are you under the ToS from cogentco.com or alike or is it all on you?

How many years of experience do you have with complete hosting solutions?

I see your profile mention http://rapidservers.org CEO of RapidServers - but the domain doesn't load, dnsstuff.com reports back it has DNS issues and site can't be reached. I wouldn't mind getting a $10/month VPS with those stats, but uptime, support, and experience to keep it online, .. I need a bit more convincing. Why you as a young person vs a well established company that has proven history of performance, trust, support, and all that?

What's the registered company number so I can look into it before I invest into servers?
I notice the IP is not owned by you, but a parent company. Is this a reseller situation or do you have colocation at the data center? Are you under the ToS from cogentco.com or alike or is it all on you?

How many years of experience do you have with complete hosting solutions?

I see your profile mention http://rapidservers.org CEO of RapidServers - but the domain doesn't load, dnsstuff.com reports back it has DNS issues and site can't be reached. I wouldn't mind getting a $10/month VPS with those stats, but uptime, support, and experience to keep it online, .. I need a bit more convincing. Why you as a young person vs a well established company that has proven history of performance, trust, support, and all that?

Hello Floris,

Currently RackMountain isn't a registered company, but I hope to have it registered (If everything goes smooth and well) early 2012. If you'd like a private IP I'd be glad to give you one, I just use that as that is our network provider. Are servers are rented from a provider who has servers in the data-center of BurstNET. As for the ToS it is all on me.

I have 4 years going on the 5th year on 9/26.

Yes my profile mention RapidServers, but recently we've changed domains to RackMountain due to reasons of branding. As RapidServers has a limit to how much you can brand it, so we dropped it and migrated all clients over and kept their pricing. So no we didn't just pack up shop and quit we did it so we can have a better name to brand.

Well with a young person were looking to think outside the box and personally I'm wanting to change the game up a bit with providers. Remember those established companies your just another #, however with the smaller people (me) we don't even think of calling you a number.

Thank you Nick for giving some additional information. Good to know.

Remember these aren't just built for forums. Lots of hosts don't even use SAS drives so they will be good. As for RAID0 yes, it's because those are budget servers. If they go up to a KVM node they don't have to worry about RAID0. So it really comes to the matter of what's your budget?
well you posted here i.e. xenforo/forums & hence i commented on your setup

no serious provider will put vps nodes on a raid0 server

no serious provider will put vps nodes on a raid0 server

Correction no provider will admit they are using RAID0. I've spoken to a few providers about it and turns out lots of budget servers are using RAID0. It's either that or you oversell the box by 50%

Correction no provider will admit they are using RAID0. I've spoken to a few providers about it and turns out lots of budget servers are using RAID0. It's either that or you oversell the box by 50%
You just called your businesses server a budget server, just so you know.

Any professional host will not use a RAID0 server for a VPS node, and two disks is ridiculous. I understand that you're a startup, and that you probably can't afford to invest into actual nodes, but its illogical to start off with VPS servers in the first place with a low budget.

Or just use the disks separately, even that would be better than RAID 0.

Yeah, half as much customer data lost on a failure then and probably similar performance depending on how well balanced the IO load is
That was my thought as well. I've never understood the point of RAID0.

In the extremely unlikely event that our site outgrows our vps, I would probably go with an entry level dedicated with no RAID... we back up our data frequently.

But that is just me.

P+p

How does that make it any better?

<worse case scenario> <---- lets stay quiet about it
<worse case scenario> <---- lets not be quiet ..

either way, it's not a good scenario.

Top Bottom