1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 You and deleted member like this..

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Glockie, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Glockie

Glockie Well-Known Member

Hi, I did bump an old post, but thought I'm probably better starting my own thread about this.
    I am not getting this on every post which has existing likes on it.
    As soon as you click like, it says "You, (deleted member) and (deleted member) like this" - I reset the table 'likes' but now it's happening again.
    Any ideas? I'm stumped on this one.

I have also dropped any likes with user ID 0 from the liked content table..
    Still nothing.
    Many thanks in advance

2. James

James Well-Known Member

Have you tried rebuilding user caches?

3. Glockie

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Wait, have you just removed the content from the xf_liked_content table but not changed other corresponding tables? That would cause this: when the like counter doesn't correspond to the like cache, the code assumes the likes are from deleted users.

I'm not really aware if there's a script (or if one of the posted ones in the linked threads) that rebuilds these content-stored like-count caches, but if you manually modified a related table, that would be the cause. If you're wiping out the like tables, you need to wipe out all of the cached data as well.

Glockie likes this.
  5. Glockie

Thanks @Mike
    It seems a glitch with VaultWiki actually triggered this.
    I uninstalled it, cleared the member caches and everything has returned to normal.

What I cleaned was using the script mentioned in the thread linked above.
    But that said, removing VW and clearing the caches - everything's back to normal.
    very very odd behaviour.