Deleted member querying data removal - GDPR

Thanks. I think it's basically just to show they're not an active member when threads come up with their posts.

I would either change it something generic e.g. the id number or else to a name requested by the member if they do so.
Thanks. Do you delete their email address? So they don't keep getting notifications etc. Above, it was mentioned an account doesn't need an email address, but can't get my head around that. They need an email address to sign up.

Yes, an email address is required when registering.

However, when creating or editing an account in the ACP, the email address can be removed.

Thanks. So they are renamed and password changed. But still have the Member banner under their username. I tried setting up a new user group "Former Member" and adding them to that, but as they're still in the registered group presumably this overrides so they still get the "Member" banner? Presumably if I put them in the unregistered group, this will remove the "Member" banner. But then is it easy enough to manually move them into the Registered group again if they want to come back?

Or is there another way to just remove the "Member banner"?

Ok I just changed main group to unregistered and that got rid of the banner. Presumably if they ever want to start posting again I can just change that back to Registered.

Top Bottom