Deleted member querying data removal - GDPR

😕...my websites domain name is currently listed with the technician named as the registrant.

i don't know if the tech could use that control to cause the more recent issues we've experienced.
Hmmz.... as long as nameservers point to your server, there is not much use here. If he want to do bad, he could just cancel your domain or something, because that is what a registrant can do. Or change nameservers to registrars nameservers and change things there.
You don't need to be registrant for DDOS attacks and such.
I'm also Dutch by the way.

Shutting down a forum, like the option in the ACP can not be done via the registrar or DNS, you have got to have ACP or database access for that.
Might be a good idea to change passwords indeed, including database pass.

To be honest, your tech is also a member here, maybe it’s time to reveal his name so this can be put to an end. I’ll help you - PM me on AJ.
Very well.

An update:
Bad news: today the fraudulent "registrant" of nzfsf.nz domain completely shut down access to my nzfsf website @ approx-13:00hrs (nz).

Silly news: is me, oh and i've finally noticed that little tiny "tools" symbol in the xf customer account page, ...😅omfg!

Good news: 💥...i clicked the button to disconnect my now hijacked nzfsf.nz domain.

🙂Just waiting on the 'Job Done' email.

So i guess my nzfsf.nz website will revert back to the original nzfreespeechforum.community.forum(¿?)

Dear former tech,
...thank you for dragging members of nzfreespeechforum through all this unnecessary bull ox.

Sounds like you need to change your password.
Also let the guys from xenforo know about this via a support ticket. They might be able to prevent the DDOS attacks from going ahead.
Yeah nah i did do the ticket thing initially aye mate, pretty sure Paul is tired of my dumb ace continuously begging for help.😂

Cheers for the advice though and funnily enough i actually finished changing all online passwords earlier today too.

Very well.

An update:
Bad news: today the fraudulent "registrant" of nzfsf.nz domain completely shut down access to my nzfsf website @ approx-13:00hrs (nz).

Silly news: is me, oh and i've finally noticed that little tiny "tools" symbol in the xf customer account page, ...😅omfg!

Good news: 💥...i clicked the button to disconnect my now hijacked nzfsf.nz domain.

🙂Just waiting on the 'Job Done' email.

So i guess my nzfsf.nz website will revert back to the original nzfreespeechforum.community.forum(¿?)

Dear former tech,
...thank you for dragging members of nzfreespeechforum through all this unnecessary bull ox.
@MediaPlanet is his active account.

Hah very funny. I've sent you multiple emails and whatnot. You chose to be so technically illiterate so that's really not my fault. I've passed the domain password to you. Thanks for trolling my own forum because you're not great at technical stuff.

I also haven't changed nor would I ever change any of the domain stuff to interfere with your forum. It is your forum. I am not sure what's up with all the stories and victim playing you're also doing. You aren't great at technology and always blame me for anything that happens.

I'll tell you what though. I am not clued up in DDoSing a forum so stop thinking I am part of it.

Once you learn how to transfer the domain then you will have all access to it. You've been given the password for it.

If I wanted to do something I could cancel the domain or change the nameservers which I haven't. I've kept the domain pointing to your forum. So maybe cut me some slack.

Last edited:
Hah very funny. I've sent you multiple emails and whatnot. You chose to be so technically illiterate so that's really not my fault. I've passed the domain password to you. Thanks for trolling my own forum because you're not great at technical stuff.

I also haven't changed nor would I ever change any of the domain stuff to interfere with your forum. It is your forum. I am not sure what's up with all the stories and victim playing you're also doing. You aren't great at technology and always blame me for anything that happens.

I'll tell you what though. I am not clued up in DDoSing a forum so stop thinking I am part of it.

Once you learn how to transfer the domain then you will have all access to it. You've been given the password for it.

If I wanted to do something I could cancel the domain or change the nameservers which I haven't. I've kept the domain pointing to your forum. So maybe cut me some slack.
Mate,

one thing, help your mate instead of being like this. He can easily get a ticket out on here and get the help he needs and sack you.
You need to stop thereatening him. His forum his rules. You might be actually annoying him with all the emails and other things. Just because you think you know there's no need for the aggressive stuff coming from you.
if that was me i would have sacked you asap. Best not to be rude.

Mate,

one thing, help your mate instead of being like this. He can easily get a ticket out on here and get the help he needs and sack you.
You need to stop thereatening him. His forum his rules. You might be actually annoying him with all the emails and other things. Just because you think you know there's no need for the aggressive stuff coming from you.
if that was me i would have sacked you asap. Best not to be rude.
I'm not working for him anymore so I don't need to do anything except provide the domain password which I have already done.

I'm not working for him anymore so I don't need to do anything except provide the domain password which I have already done.
A suggestion... I'd usually recommend the domain owner themself purchase the domain and register it in their name.
Generally what I always did was co-ordinate with the site owner, used TeamView to access their computer after they had logged into their DNS provider (or registrar) and then did any changes directly while they watched. It was a two-fold reason... that way, I didn't have to have ANYTHING to do with their username/passwords, and they actually could watch (and even ask questions via chat function) as the work was being done.

A suggestion... I'd usually recommend the domain owner themself purchase the domain and register it in their name.
Generally what I always did was co-ordinate with the site owner, used TeamView to access their computer after they had logged into their DNS provider and then did any changes directly while they watched. It was a two-fold reason... that way, I didn't have to have ANYTHING to do with their username/passwords, and they actually could watch (and even ask questions via chat function) as the work was being done.
He wanted me to purchase it at the time and silly me didn't write up a contract or anything for the domain and/or any transfers. He has the domain password now though.

Maybe you should do what you're paid to do. And not decide to ditch him halfway even though you secured your payment. I've seen all the conversations.

Maybe you should do what you're paid to do. And not decide to ditch him halfway even though you secured your payment. I've seen all the conversations.
In my years (coming up on 2 decades) of doing similar for other admins for free... I've ran into some problematic admins.. but I always finished what I told them I was willing to help with. Several times they asked for additional assistance and I simply declined... in a few cases telling them that the hassle of dealing with them wasn't worth the cost (which was jack squat) that they were paying, and that they should, in the future, be more realistic and not demand "paid level" services of someone DONATING their time to them.
This case appears to be different... and I (yes, this is a VERY personal opinion, don't like it, I don't care) honestly have a MAJOR issue with someone that registers a domain for someone else. There are MANY ways around that, and almost EVERY case of similar occurrence that I've come across was problematic... the first one being back in 1985 when the city I worked for stupidly decided to engage an outside "web expert" (who happened to be the son of a city council member) to set them up a website. He registered the domain name in HIS name... and then when the city wanted to take over, he demanded $20,000 USD to transfer the domain. And THAT is one of the main reasons that I REFUSE to have any first hand interaction in registering a domain for others... I'll help then via screen-sharing, but passwords, domain names, billing and all that other good stuff.. it's on them.
Of course, it does help that I'm an acknowledged "butt head" in many cases.. but I figure since I'm offering people service for free, they can deal with it. If they can't, they are MORE than welcome to fork monies over to others. Of course, I've gotten kind of burnt out on the "give me more" attitude of several of those that I've helped, so I've SERIOUSLY backed off from offering my services directly. I'll help here and elsewhere with posts guiding... but thanks to the few "needy" that I've been involved with.. they simply burnt me out.

Last edited:
In my years (coming up on 2 decades) of doing similar for other admins for free... I've ran into some problematic admins.. but I always finished what I told them I was willing to help with.
At least something we agree about instantly. :)
Same here and I never do things which I can't do. I won't say I will always do everything for free, but it will work as requested perfectly. And if not I don't even want payment even if agreed and I put things back to how it was before. At least I would... never has been necessary yet.
I've aso encountere some difficult admins and then I just ask them to ask somebody else. I don't want a fuzz and if they don't trust me, then I don't even want to start doing anything, end of story.

As for registering domain names, I do that a very lot, for customers and I never use my company's or my name as the registrar, except for my own domains. I only did this once on specific written request of a customer for the first year. A registrant should be the owner of the ip IMHO no matter what. If something would happen to me they would always be able to get their domain name back or be able to move it to another host.
But that's my personal opinion.

Hah very funny. I've sent you multiple emails and whatnot.
Yes, thanks for the mass of emails last night & this morning.
You chose to be so technically illiterate so that's really not my fault. I've passed the domain password to you. Thanks for trolling my own forum because you're not great at technical stuff.
😧So because i'm still learning this stuff, therefore that gives you the right to take full advantage of that?

Is that correct?

Coz it sounds like, how dare i not already know everything about something when i've just begun learning—how dare this be the reason for my paying you to provide your experienced services.

You privately DM'd and offered you services to me remember, i didn't approach you.

Thank you for handing over my domain details this morning.
I also haven't changed nor would I ever change any of the domain stuff to interfere with your forum. It is your forum.
🫤Why did you fail to inform me of the necessary information in the first place?

Why did you keep all of this completely hidden from me?

Why did you refuse to relinquish my domain name until now?

Why did you have my domain name registered in your name this whole time?

What were you planning on doing with my domain?

I am not sure what's up with all the stories and victim playing you're also doing. You aren't great at technology and always blame me for anything that happens.
Excuse me but you know exactly what has been happening, you have been fully informed and were involved from the get go.

Fact is, the site logs show your IP regularly lurking my forum until i banned it a few days ago.

Why did you repeatedly try logging in recently?

Why would you be so eager to lurk?

Why did you have 4 separate user accounts set up without informing me?

The security logs from the XF client panel show your IP logged into my account twice in recent days—entirely without my permission nor my awareness that you somehow had that privileged access.

Considering we ended our informal contract on the 24th of April.

What were you doing sneakily logging into my XF account? —and why/how did you still have privileged access?

Again, thank you for finally giving me this crucial information so i can now have a chance to learn how to transfer the domain.
Proof?
Should have done this to begin with man.

"Not working for" someone doesn't give anyone the right to withhold property—nor omission of the fact thereof.

The dates on the MyHost transferral ticket requests are dated the 4th and the 6th of May 2023.

Why did you wait til now?

Why did you force me to have to repeatedly ask then demand this simple act?
He wanted me to purchase it at the time and silly me didn't write up a contract or anything for the domain and/or any transfers. He has the domain password now though.
We both know i actually asked you to sort out the domain name as; nzfreespeechforum.com -which i preferred, but instead you presented nzfsf.nz

Hope you realize that meant all the promotional materials i'd created went down the toilet, and you-yourself went about changing my original forum presentation into what you created.

In any case, like you i also regret failing to create a legitimate contract with you too because in the short time you were informally employed from march 27th 2023 to now, my tiny forum has gone from a generic but functional one—to this total disaster it is right now.

i was doing fine running the forum until you started doing whatever it is you actually did.

i may not be perfect like you Maul, but at least i can genuinely admit my errors.

Do you deny that i was exceedingly forgiving of your repeatedly-arguably criminal actions?

Do you deny that i was exceedingly generous regardless of your repeated dereliction of responsibilities?

Did i not pay for the fancy crap that now decorates your admittedly rather impressive forum?

While mine is an expensive pile of rubble.

A pile of rubble that didn't just suddenly happen recently—it began crumbling from the 27th of March.

The financial loss is not what bothers me mate.

What brothers me is you knew what was going on with this crazed DUNE.wtf individual.

i am abhorred by the moral & ethical injustices you have committed and yet still pretend to be free of all your accountabilities in preference for shamelessly projecting them at me.

Much appreciated mate
That is all.

i will cease any further posting on this subject here.

Here's the paranoia again. I have given you your domain. If I wanted to do anything with your domain I wouldn't of sent you it and I would have redirected it to any of ten million other websites. I chose not to because I care about the work we did together. I did try emailing a number of times to give you your domain but each time I got no answer. Obviously until you trolled my forum last night.

You chose to change your domain on the cloud hosting to your original sub-domain I did nothing with the domain you had.

Also I am far from perfect. I make mistakes. Such as working for you. But we did have some cool chats and I thank you for that.

And DUNE is your problem it was never mine. I tried tirelessly and sometimes kept me up at night trying to fix the issues they were doing. I worked my butt off on your forum to try and make it better. I spent countless hours working on it. I only ever had your forum at it's best interests.

You may think I'm the enemy here but I am sorry for everything I did to try to make your forum better. It was a big mistake to help you with your forum and I am sorry for that.

Had to ban someone today for breaking forum rules - this was their second chance. They have now emailed asking to close their account citing GDPR and claiming their username could identify them (it's not actually their real name).

I think I asked this earlier in this thread - but how do you close the account of a member who is already banned? I'm tempted to ignore them.

If the member is banned and they can't access the account, then you should leave it as-is @Alvin63 , alternatively, perhaps you can wipe all data they inputed on their profile that could potentially identify who they are. That way your data remains in tact.

Top Bottom