• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XFStop Mobile Style

1. Apologies to everyone :( my hectic holidays have started early with a lovely move right before Christmas. I'm settling into my new place on Christmas eve which is just lovely /sarcasm :), I'll get an update out as soon as I can.

Again Beta 6 if I'm not mistaken(if I read properly) will allow us to easily get this auto detect working with no troubles of having to switch back on our regular PC.

Jump Box issues?
Mine is crunched and has this:
But when clicking says: Page Not Found
Continual clicking of say - help, results in: /account/help/help/help/etc....

Maybe the links in the option menu need to be ./help/ etc...

HTML:
<option value="find-new/threads">What's New?</option> 
			<option value="help/">Help</option> 
			<option value="register/">Search</option> 
			<option value="recent-activity/">Recent Activity</option> 
			<option value="account/">Account</option> 
			<option value="logout/?_xfToken=">Log Out</option> 
			<option value="admin.php">Admin Control Panel</option>

OK I cleaned it up a bit by making changes to the templates - seems like the {xen:link} command wasn't working on my end.

OK I cleaned it up a bit by making changes to the templates - seems like the {xen:link} command wasn't working on my end.
I'm at work right now but from what I remember I did use the phrase for all the links so it should work on every default install.

got feedback today about the mobile theme.
theres not much i can add to it; i have never actually seen the board on a mobile:

the mobile theme has several problems. The first is that it apparently does not remember (set a cookie?) that I choose the mobile theme; I have to reselect it each time. Selecting the mobile theme on a smartphone (mine is a Blackberry Storm) is a big headache because the theme choice is tucked way down at the bottom. In the mobile theme, if I remember aright, logout is tucked between several choices that are more useful to staying logged in (changing theme?), meaning that it's difficult to avoid logging out unintentionally.

At the bottom of each page of posts, it would be really nice if the mobile theme had a "top" link rather than having to scroll back up through a long page. It would be really nice, too, if that "top" link were kept well away from any log-out button.

got feedback today about the mobile theme.
theres not much i can add to it; i have never actually seen the board on a mobile:

Ya the first suggestion is a known issue that I believe is to be fixed in beta 6, currently the way XenForo is setup is you're required to confirm a change anytime you're signed in.

Top link is a great suggestion I left out, I'll get it added.

Well... a disappointing but exciting update............

After much thought and debate over the current style... I'm just not as happy with it as I thought I was. After a few mentions of the Jquery Mobile framework, reading up on it quite a bit... I'm working on a new version of XFStop Mobile.

I'll keep you guys posted : sneak peak:

jqmobile.webp

After much thought and debate over the current style... I'm just not as happy with it as I thought I was. After a few mentions of the Jquery Mobile framework, reading up on it quite a bit... I'm working on a new version of XFStop Mobile.

View attachment 8808

Looking good - cant wait to see the end result! :)

View attachment 8808
Damn after reading your post I just took a look at jQuery mobile for the first time...and damn is that cool. Keep up the great work, I look forward to seeing it.

Unfortunately it looks like Beta 6 doesnt have the change style thing you were looking for. Anyway you could release your mobile style update anyway??

It does have the style redirect confirmed from Mike! I may need a little help from folks but we'll get it figured out. I'm off to work right now but luckily... I have a 3 day weekend ahead of me to get this done hopefully. Kingston since your community seems active in testing it I'll be contacting first to help me test this initially. Thanks guys for your patience. I'll probably end up starting a new thread... talk to you all soon :)

It does have the style redirect confirmed from Mike! I may need a little help from folks but we'll get it figured out. I'm off to work right now but luckily... I have a 3 day weekend ahead of me to get this done hopefully. Kingston since you're community seems active in testing it I'll be contacting first to help me test this initially. Thanks guys for your patience. I'll probably end up starting a new thread... talk to you all soon :)

1,000 likes!

Top Bottom