[XFA] Extended Cover

[XFA] Extended Cover [Paid] 4.2.9

No permission to buy (€8.00)
@Fredxd
Can you please add support of AMS? (its a private paid add-on by @Bob . You can talk to him about it) Also the Showcase (again by Bob, but this is not private.)
Of course AMS is in priority.
Would be awesome if you could do it.
Thanks

This throws an error when installed with https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cta-featured-threads-portal.2599/

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: thread - library/XFA/ExtendedCover/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:73
Generated By: Unknown Account, May 28, 2016
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XFA/ExtendedCover/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(73): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/ptsdforu/...', 73, Array)
#1 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(560): XFA_ExtendedCover_Extends_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#2 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#3 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(77) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/threads/i-was-raped-by-one-of-my-best-friends.45449/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

This throws an error when installed with https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cta-featured-threads-portal.2599/

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: thread - library/XFA/ExtendedCover/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:73
Generated By: Unknown Account, May 28, 2016
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XFA/ExtendedCover/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(73): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/ptsdforu/...', 73, Array)
#1 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(560): XFA_ExtendedCover_Extends_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#2 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#3 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(77) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/threads/i-was-raped-by-one-of-my-best-friends.45449/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Hi
This addon override XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread too and i think it don't pass thread param to view
So you can try it (i can't try i don't have this addon but it should work)

Go to Code Event Listener and edit this one http://prntscr.com/bd76r5
And change Callback Execution Order to 1 instead of 10

Tell me if is ok

If I have many request in custom dev, I can make grouped quotation of course but actually I don't have requests for this feature ;)

Interesting addon. I was pointed to this addon due to possible upcoming AMS support.
I tried your demo and have some questions:
  1. Is it possible to globally turn off cover urls?
  2. What happens if the user no longer is in a usergroup with permission to have a cover? Will the cover disappear? The reason I ask is that the cover functionality could be interesting for account upgrades. I would want the covers to disappear after the account upgrade expires.
  3. Can the slider transition effect be changed?
  4. Are any active big boards using this addon? Does it affect performance?

Interesting addon. I was pointed to this addon due to possible upcoming AMS support.
I tried your demo and have some questions:
  1. Is it possible to globally turn off cover urls?
  2. What happens if the user no longer is in a usergroup with permission to have a cover? Will the cover disappear? The reason I ask is that the cover functionality could be interesting for account upgrades. I would want the covers to disappear after the account upgrade expires.
  3. Can the slider transition effect be changed?
  4. Are any active big boards using this addon? Does it affect performance?

1.Not actually, i can add option in next release
2.Not actually to, i can add also new permission "Have profile cover" who override all others profile cover permission.
3.yes in option you can select transition
4.Honnestly i don't know, i don't have return about this

1.Not actually, i can add option in next release
2.Not actually to, i can add also new permission "Have profile cover" who override all others profile cover permission.
3.yes in option you can select transition
4.Honnestly i don't know, i don't have return about this

1. That is a great idea. Would need this.
  2. Did not know it wasn't there. That is really needed. When users loose their upgrade the profile cover should vanish.
  3. Enough variations present.
  4. No performance issues (not a big board but it runs smooth)

Reposition Cover function doesnt work well in FireFox on your demo site. It doesnt let me drag the image to the right position.

Reposition Cover function doesnt work well in FireFox on your demo site. It doesnt let me drag the image to the right position.

I think i have not update this addon on our forum but it's work correctly on last release

Top Bottom