XF2 Demo - question on navigation/menus (not in the manual?)

Hi, I'm trying out a XF2 demo version to learn more about XF2. The manual describes 2 basic menu levels and some options to customise menus.

I used the 'sort' function during the setup to customise the demo menu structure. I've grouped several second-level 'media watches' under one top-level 'Watched' menu item. I also grouped several second level 'Your ....' items under one top-level 'You Stuff' menu item. So far so good.

In my demo version, when I click on some second-level items in my customised 2-level menu (for example Your Stuff/ Your Newsfeed), a third menu level (XF2 standard) menu appears that is unrelated to my customised menu. My current menu selection is shown highlighted in this 3rd level (standard) menu.

Perhaps this is a standard XF2 feature (and may well be useful) but I wonder whether there's an admin 'switch' to turn the automatic display of (standard) 3rd level menus on or off. I've not found it either in the admin options or in the Manual. Or is there some simple menu-item attribute that turns the 3rd level menu display on or off? And if so are these menu atrribute settings maintained when new XF2 updates are installed?

Thanks,

Mike M.

I haven't totally followed what you're asking here. By third level menus, are you referring to what would become a popup menu? That is simply created based on how the navigation entries are nested.

If you significantly rearrange the menu, then it's possible that the default highlighted sections may not apply automatically. This is possible to workaround with some small template changes for the specific pages that need to change.

I haven't totally followed what you're asking here. By third level menus, are you referring to what would become a popup menu? That is simply created based on how the navigation entries are nested.

If you significantly rearrange the menu, then it's possible that the default highlighted sections may not apply automatically. This is possible to workaround with some small template changes for the specific pages that need to change.

Hi Mike, thanks for your reply. I think the relevant part is "default highlighted sections may not apply automatically". This is not a problem, I'm just learning about how XF2 menu customization works and where the standard template is applied by default.

I realise that I first need to add some content to the demo site to see how menu-items are applied to the content. If I have any more questions, I'll add them.

Thanks again,

Mike M.

Top Bottom