XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Does this only change the look of articles and associated content?

I want to build a meets section on an adult social forum but using a calendar would get too messy (too many events per day) and like the look of articles in Xenporta, but would like to retain a standard forum section too. If this only changes articles then would be perfect as could build the meets section using this, Custom Thread Fields and Thread Filters

Does this only change the look of articles and associated content?

I want to build a meets section on an adult social forum but using a calendar would get too messy (too many events per day) and like the look of articles in Xenporta, but would like to retain a standard forum section too. If this only changes articles then would be perfect as could build the meets section using this, Custom Thread Fields and Thread Filters
Xenporta provides a "home page" or portal and then the article functionality you are talking about. I'm not sure how well it would work for what you are discussion. For what you are describing, I might use native Xenforo articles with Brogan's suggestions for modifying the grid (which I use for most of our article forums now).

I really like the look of articles on the home page with an image at the top. But not all of our articles have attached images. Would be really sweet if we could have a default image that we could choose in that case, just for a consistent look to the home page.

For the RSS feed generated by this addon for articles, is there any reason why this feed wouldn't be generating thumbnail images? There doesn't appear to be any user-facing settings for the RSS feed generation, but I'm not sure if there's something we can do to force those to appear.

For the RSS feed generated by this addon for articles, is there any reason why this feed wouldn't be generating thumbnail images? There doesn't appear to be any user-facing settings for the RSS feed generation, but I'm not sure if there's something we can do to force those to appear.
It depends on what type of images you are using.

Type in terms of what exactly? We've had a mix of jpeg and png images. All static, no animated images, though occasionally with transparency. Not a single one of those has come through as a thumbnail image on the RSS feed on any of the articles.

Type in terms of what exactly? We've had a mix of jpeg and png images. All static, no animated images, though occasionally with transparency. Not a single one of those has come through as a thumbnail image on the RSS feed on any of the articles.
Looking into the code... it looks like I didn't program ANY images into the RSS feed. The RSS feed just copies XenForo's built-in forum RSS feed; which didn't have images either.

Hasn't been an update in 2 years.
Addon still supported?
Not every addon needs constant updates.

Looking into the code... it looks like I didn't program ANY images into the RSS feed. The RSS feed just copies XenForo's built-in forum RSS feed; which didn't have images either.
Is this something that could potentially be added in? The lack of images seems to get the RSS feed penalized by Google News. There's a few other requirements they have for the feed as well.

1) For the next update (other than the avatar clipping issue on p. 6), would it be possible to look into if anything can be done to reduce CLS? Something with the Xenporta article list/images that causes a bit of shift. (0,16 in my case, and anything over 0,1 is not deemed "good").

2) Also, I assume it is Xenporta that loads https://www.youtube.com/s/player/4248d311/www-widgetapi.vflset/www-widgetapi.js in case you try to embed YT media in your feature slider. Can this be loaded only if you actually embed YT media in the slider? Or just some ACP button to deactivate this as I don't use it.
1674068008972.png

Area for reduction of load time/size :)
1674068041380.png

3) Also, is it possible to disable the feature slider on narrow screens? (mobile in portrait).

Last edited:
I got a run of peculiar server errors in December. Nothing broken so I did not panic, but am curious because they reference a template called "widget_EWRporta_features.less". I uninstalled, and eventually deleted, Xenporta (nothing wrong with it, just not working out for us in current reality) so not sure why a template related to it was still getting referenced. There were two sets of them, one on Dec. 22 and the second on Dec. 24. It appears to have stopped after Dec. 24 so I am hoping it is just a curiosity and not something I need to be concerned about further. Anyone have any ideas? @Jaxel or others.

• XF\CssRenderException: Error rendering template public:widget_EWRporta_features.less: ParseError: Unexpected input in public:widget_EWRporta_features.less on line 3732, column 62 (on or near line 3732)
  • src/XF/CssRenderException.php:89
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Dec 24, 2022 at 1:24 AM

Stack trace​

3729 |
3730 | .porta-features-media
3731 | {
3732| position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; z-index: 80;
3733 | margin: auto;
3734 | width: ;
3735 | height: ( - ( * 2));
------------

#0 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(418): XF\CssRenderException::createFromLessException(Object(Less_Exception_Chunk), 'public:widget_E...', '// Note that th...')
#1 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(352): XF\CssRenderer->renderToCss('public:widget_E...', '// Note that th...')
#2 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(260): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplate('public:widget_E...', NULL)
#3 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(118): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplates(Array, Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/CssWriter.php(55): XF\CssRenderer->render(Array)
#5 css.php(30): XF\CssWriter->run(Array, 7, 1, 'e83be19293107a3...')
#6 {main}

-------------

Previous Less_Exception_Chunk: ParseError: Unexpected input in anonymous-file-0.less on line 3732, column 62
3730| .porta-features-media
3731| {
3732| position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; z-index: 80;
3733| margin: auto;
3734| width: ;
3735| height: ( - ( * 2)); - src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php:677
#0 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(621): Less_Parser->GetRules(NULL)
#1 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(449): Less_Parser->_parse()
#2 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(414): Less_Parser->parse('// Note that th...')
#3 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(352): XF\CssRenderer->renderToCss('public:widget_E...', '// Note that th...')
#4 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(260): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplate('public:widget_E...', NULL)
#5 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(118): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplates(Array, Array, Array)
#6 src/XF/CssWriter.php(55): XF\CssRenderer->render(Array)
#7 css.php(30): XF\CssWriter->run(Array, 7, 1, 'e83be19293107a3...')
#8 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(321) "/css.php?css=public%3AEWRporta.less%2Cpublic%3AEWRporta_articles.less%2Cpublic%3Amessage.less%2Cpublic%3Anotices.less%2Cpublic%3Ashare_controls.less%2Cpublic%3Awidget_EWRporta_features.less%2Cpublic%3Axb.less%2Cpublic%3Axb_welcome.less%2Cpublic%3Aextra.less&s=7&l=1&d=1646487385&k=e83be19293107a35067494ca2eda6db108d0de2f"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(5) {
["css"] => string(210) "public:EWRporta.less,public:EWRporta_articles.less,public:message.less,public:notices.less,public:share_controls.less,public:widget_EWRporta_features.less,public:xb.less,public:xb_welcome.less,public:extra.less"
["s"] => string(1) "7"
["l"] => string(1) "1"
["d"] => string(10) "1646487385"
["k"] => string(40) "e83be19293107a35067494ca2eda6db108d0de2f"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Scratch that. I was looking at something else and discovered there was still a "New Threads" widget from Xenporta showing up under "No Position" in ACP - Appearance - Widgets. I deleted it in case it was the issue. Sorry for the false alarm.

I installed XenAtendo 2 (Calendar) PRO 2.2.0.3 first and afterwards XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO 2.2.0.7.

Now the function where you can indicate whether you want to participate in the event or not no longer works. The following error message appears: "No RSVPs available for this date"

1678275104835.webp

Hey! Is there a way to fix the date bleeding over the edge of the articles? I will attach an image to show what I am talking about. Thanks in advance!! Essential Add-On!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 2.43.58 PM.webp
    Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 2.43.58 PM.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 18
Hey! Is there a way to fix the date bleeding over the edge of the articles? I will attach an image to show what I am talking about. Thanks in advance!! Essential Add-On!!!
css is your best friend :) "inspect element it and move the H/W to how you want to place the edited code into extra.less or directly in the add-ons template.less

css is your best friend :) "inspect element it and move the H/W to how you want to place the edited code into extra.less or directly in the add-ons template.less
Thank you friend. I don't know why I never thought of that before. Ill try it out.

Top Bottom