XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Hi @Jaxel,
How do I get the same preview you have on your homepage?

8WAYRUN-COM.webp

There are no options for doing this. I would like to add a single widget, above the forum list, with the same view.

What does the option mean: "Auto-promote forums"?
I selected it but it doesn't automatically add articles. And the widget is not automatically populated with articles either.
Shouldn't it be dynamic? :unsure:

Hi @Jaxel,
How do I get the same preview you have on your homepage?

View attachment 268992

There are no options for doing this. I would like to add a single widget, above the forum list, with the same view.

What does the option mean: "Auto-promote forums"?
I selected it but it doesn't automatically add articles. And the widget is not automatically populated with articles either.
Shouldn't it be dynamic? :unsure:
From what it looks like, he just changed the way the articles are showing up on the portal/homepage.
Head to your Appearance tab in the ACP, and go to Style Properties, Then mess around with the settings. Also, watch his video where he explains how to change the look of the articles. There is a lot of setting, so by messing around with them, you can figure out what he did.

He is using the masonry grid.
So start by turning that on inside of the options.
Code:
<div class="block porta-articles porta-infinite porta-masonry" data-xf-init="porta-infinite " data-masonry="" data-click="1" data-after="0" data-history="0">
        <div class="porta-article-item fixed--height">
        <div class="block-container porta-article-container">

<a class="porta-article-header" data-cache="false" data-xf-click="" href="/threads/version-2-30-patch-notes-now-available.21248/">

<div class="porta-header-image" style="background-image: url('https://8wayrun.com/articles/attachments/soulcalibur-6_patch230-jpg.85769/');">
            </div>

Web capture_31-5-2022_14334_user.oo5dynasty.com.webp

From what it looks like, he just changed the way the articles are showing up on the portal/homepage.
Head to your Appearance tab in the ACP, and go to Style Properties, Then mess around with the settings. Also, watch his video where he explains how to change the look of the articles. There is a lot of setting, so by messing around with them, you can figure out what he did.

He is using the masonry grid.
So start by turning that on inside of the options.
Code:
<div class="block porta-articles porta-infinite porta-masonry" data-xf-init="porta-infinite " data-masonry="" data-click="1" data-after="0" data-history="0">
        <div class="porta-article-item fixed--height">
        <div class="block-container porta-article-container">

<a class="porta-article-header" data-cache="false" data-xf-click="" href="/threads/version-2-30-patch-notes-now-available.21248/">

<div class="porta-header-image" style="background-image: url('https://8wayrun.com/articles/attachments/soulcalibur-6_patch230-jpg.85769/');">
            </div>

View attachment 269004
Hi @oO5 Dynasty, and thank you very much for your information. If @Jaxel shows its homepage as a demo, I expect the widgets to show exactly the same view, without even playing around with the settings. So this is not consistent with the description.

Hi @oO5 Dynasty, and thank you very much for your information. If @Jaxel shows its homepage as a demo, I expect the widgets to show exactly the same view, without even playing around with the settings. So this is not consistent with the description.
I'll be totally honest with you, and please do not take this the wrong way. By default when you get the add-on and start setting up a forum post to show as an article and or featured slider, it does look as intended. The default layout of the add-on is not gonna look like @Jaxel website. He is going to design his website for his specific needs. So in his video he explains, all of the options he made available in the add-on for you to achieve a bunch of different looks.

What I've learned over the years, is that these amazing developers, put a ton of options in these add-ons. You just need to mess around with the styling properties to get your desired look.
What, I've also learned is that they all love add-on suggestions, so maybe he can implement custom portal page looks options as a feature.

So by default, you can just click which look you want to go with automatically.
Style 1
Style 2
Style 3
Style 4
etc...
Web capture_31-5-2022_154139_xenforo.com.jpeg

Can you post a screenshot of your portal page, so we can see how it looks?
You might just need a 3rd column, and a Masonry grid checked.
Head to the Portal option and start with these settings.
In the default Layout option, you need to click the drop-down to change the look.
Try the blog-style look.
Web capture_31-5-2022_155936_user.oo5dynasty.com.webp

Wow, what a satisfying answer, thanks. I really appreciate it. The only "amazing" thing is the community interaction, even though Jaxel hasn't replied yet.

When I wrote, it is not consistent with the description, I meant: that the component by default should give me that visual, which it claims as a demo. Then, if I need additional requests, it will be up to me to do something custom, by looking at the settings or adding some code.

However, I notice that in your screenshot, there is also a "... article view" option that I don't have.
Light-Style-properties-control-panel.pngMaybe that's why I can't find the settings?

The file to download is only one, are there no additional files to install?

Your-Purchase-Digital-Software-from-8WAYRUN.pngThank you

Last edited:
Wow, what a satisfying answer, thanks. I really appreciate it. The only "amazing" thing is the community interaction, even though Jaxel hasn't replied yet.

When I wrote, it is not consistent with the description, I meant: that the component by default should give me that visual, which it claims as a demo. Then, if I need additional requests, it will be up to me to do something custom, by looking at the settings or adding some code.

However, I notice that in your screenshot, there is also a "... article view" option that I don't have.
View attachment 269030Maybe that's why I can't find the settings?

The file to download is only one, are there no additional files to install?

Thank you
03CFD2E6-F312-44F8-9821-3F027E9B9D25.webp

This is the version I currently have installed!
The main features of the add-on is the promote threads to articles, and promote threads to feature. So it’s super weird to see the articles portion missing from your installed files. But yea try to download the latest version of the add-on and install the files. Then head over to the add-on tab in ACP to upgrade the add-on.
Then head over to make sure you have the permissions set for the add-on. I usually give admins the ability to promote threads to articles and features. Then head over to a thread and test it out. Also the community is always here to help if we can. I just try to help with simple things cause I’m learning as well. But sometimes add on developers take a long time to reply. Life catches up to all of us. Stay patient and humble and we will try to get you on the right path. Lord knows the staff and community has helped me a ton over the years.

Hey again,
I figured out how to use the features and such, but the slider isn't actually sliding to all of the images? It gets stuck and even when trying to manually go to the next slide, it doesn't work, nor does it let you go back to the original one. It's the third slide in the feature (and I only have three).
Any one else having this issue and know how to resolve it?
Thanks!

Hey again,
I figured out how to use the features and such, but the slider isn't actually sliding to all of the images? It gets stuck and even when trying to manually go to the next slide, it doesn't work, nor does it let you go back to the original one. It's the third slide in the feature (and I only have three).
Any one else having this issue and know how to resolve it?
Thanks!
Make sure you have the latest version of the add-on installed.
Try to disable all other add-ons, and just run Xenporta to see if another add-on was clashing with it.
Sometimes adding codes to extra.less can mess up things on sites also.
But if you have the latest version installed.
Plus have the permissions set where you can promote articles and promotions, the add-on should be working fine.

Install add-on (Latest version)
Go to the user permissions group and give admins permissions
Go to a forum thread
Click the drop-down menu and promote to feature
Add an image/video and click save.
Should work.

Other than that, think of another modification you might have done, that will mess things up.
Such as a purchased theme that does not work well with the add-on
Just trying to give you an insight as to how I would troubleshoot possible clashing problems.
Mainly cause if you are running default xenforo without a ton of customizations, this xenporta add-on should just work.

Hello again!
I found a problem with something in articles and I was wondering where I might be able to find where I could change the color of the fade and date tag?

1655000232513.webp

Code:
.porta-article-item .porta-article-date .porta-date-block {
    position: relative;
    width: auto;
    z-index: 10;
    font-size: 11px;
    color: #aa6709;
    background: #fff4e5;
    padding: 3px;
}

Change the color of the date block.

Copy and paste this code into your extra.less
Just change the background color and color values.

The fade at the bottom, I can not replicate because it's not showing up for me. So I cant find the code for you to change.
This will be a great time for you to learn.
  1. Right-click the fade area
  2. Scroll down the menu until you see inspect.
  3. Your screen will then show you the code for that page. You can look on the left-hand side to find the code that has the fade.
  4. Then you can change the fade color, or make it transparent.
  5. Then after you make the change, you copy just that section of code and paste it into your extra.less

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Put this in extra.less:

.porta-article-item .porta-expandLink {background: linear-gradient(#555661 0%, #191A1E 80%);}
Code:
.porta-article-item .porta-article-date .porta-date-block {
    position: relative;
    width: auto;
    z-index: 10;
    font-size: 11px;
    color: #aa6709;
    background: #fff4e5;
    padding: 3px;
}

Change the color of the date block.

Copy and paste this code into your extra.less
Just change the background color and color values.

Thanks so much!

I have another problem though.
Whenever I go in to put in a custom excerpt, it's greyed over and doesn't allow me to type anything? It'll allow me to change the title, but not the message under it when I go to edit an article.

I have another problem though.
Whenever I go in to put in a custom excerpt, it's greyed over and doesn't allow me to type anything? It'll allow me to change the title, but not the message under it when I go to edit an article.
I don't know what you are referring to. Screenshot, please.

We use @Jaxel 's XenAtendo 2 and XenPorta 2 Both are 'must have' add ons for us.

We use 'Promote to Article' to advertise the majority of our social events on our homepage.

However, we use the 'Promote to Feature' for all social events that are just specific to 'motorcycle racing'.

Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 14.47.55.webp

As you can see, there's quite a few events that it scrolls through, but there's nowhere I can tell people what all these 'features' are.

What I want to do is put a heading at the top, that describes what these events are - ie. Racing.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Cheers

Graham

We use @Jaxel 's XenAtendo 2 and XenPorta 2 Both are 'must have' add ons for us.

We use 'Promote to Article' to advertise the majority of our social events on our homepage.

However, we use the 'Promote to Feature' for all social events that are just specific to 'motorcycle racing'.

View attachment 269617

As you can see, there's quite a few events that it scrolls through, but there's nowhere I can tell people what all these 'features' are.

What I want to do is put a heading at the top, that describes what these events are - ie. Racing.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Cheers

Graham
Couldn't you do that in a photo editor?
On the Thumbnail image place a simple heading and description.
Just a Suggestion, but as far as the description block that sits on top of the featured slider I do not know.
You have a lot of images that are scrolling, and I do not see that functionality built into the add-on. I might be missing it, but I looked thru all the settings and style properties. Basically, You are looking to utilize 2 descriptions for each feature. One description is for the Actual Post you are promoting, and a 2nd description is for the featured block that will sit at the top opposite the main description.

I might be missing it, But I do not think that is built into this add-on.

Screenshot 2022-06-14333333333333.webp

Top Bottom