XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Hey everybody, I hope the add-on developer or site member can help me with this.
Since I installed

[8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO​

I have 2 home Links.
This is not a problem for me because one of the home links navigate to a different link for me.
So I would like to keep both home Links but change the name of one of them. I just do not know how to change the names of the navigation links. When I go to public navigation and select one of the home options, none of the settings are clickable.

I would like to change either XenPorta 2 home link to say articles Or change the default xenforo home link to say Main or Lobby etc.​

Hey everybody, I hope the add-on developer or site member can help me with this.
Since I installed

[8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO​

I have 2 home Links.
This is not a problem for me because one of the home links navigate to a different link for me.
So I would like to keep both home Links but change the name of one of them. I just do not know how to change the names of the navigation links. When I go to public navigation and select one of the home options, none of the settings are clickable.

I would like to change either XenPorta 2 home link to say articles Or change the default xenforo home link to say Main or Lobby etc.​

In your ACP, do a search for the following phrase: nav.EWRporta
Click on it and change the phrase text to whatever you want.

Hey, so I recently upgraded to Xenforo 2 so I moved from Widget Framework to XenPorta. However, I was wondering if there was a way to redirect the main forums list path (website.com/forum in my case) to the XenPorta (website.com/ewr-porta) and the main forums list would be renamed to something like website.com/forum/forums. This was possible with Widget Framework on XenForo 1.X but I can't seem to achieve it using Route filters on XF 2. Anyone knows how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Hey, so I recently upgraded to Xenforo 2 so I moved from Widget Framework to XenPorta. However, I was wondering if there was a way to redirect the main forums list path (website.com/forum in my case) to the XenPorta (website.com/ewr-porta) and the main forums list would be renamed to something like website.com/forum/forums. This was possible with Widget Framework on XenForo 1.X but I can't seem to achieve it using Route filters on XF 2. Anyone knows how to do it?

Thanks in advance!
/admin.php?options/groups/basicBoard/
there is an option of indexRoute

/admin.php?options/groups/basicBoard/
there is an option of indexRoute
Yeah I already have had changed that but it didn't solve my problem. Since Xenforo is installed in the "forum" folder on my server files, the default domain for the board index is website.com/forum/ and the Home page url I set it to "ewr-porta/" and therefore its website.com/forum/ewr-porta/ which works when you click the home tab perfectly. However I need it so when someone is redirected to happy-hg.com/forum the default page is the home instead of the forums list. Also changing the Board URL doesn't do anything either. Maybe there's a way to do it editing the .htaccess?

Have you read the Xenporta FAQ's as I'm sure this is covered in there?
Yeah, not sure if you read my first message but that's not covered in the FAQ. My issue isn't having the home tab not set correctly, but having the board url redirect to it and the board url be something else, which doesn't seem to work by changing the Basic Board options on ACP or using route filters. For example, since I have my forums installed on the "forum" subfolder on my server, my main domain is https://happy-hg.com/forum/ and my index https://happy-hg.com/forum/news/ This works all good, but what I need is ONLY the forum list link to change to something like https://happy-hg.com/forum/forums/ and the XenPorta home to be https://happy-hg.com/forum/ Not sure if there's a way to achieve this changing the .htaccess file but the solutions suggested above didn't work. And this used to be a really simple toggle with WidgetFramework back on XF 1

Hope that clears things up and thanks in advance!

On the off-chance you might consider feature requests for this addon at some point in the future Jaxel, it'd be wonderful to have the ability to somehow set co-authors on articles.

@Jaxel Homepage isn't working:
1644903777004.png
1644903790028.png
and forum.com/index.php returns this:
1644903820183.png

The only way to see the homepage/portal is through forum.com/portal. Why XenForo isn't displaying the portal as the root?

I just noticed this recently, might be due to a dynamic embed update in the s9e Media Sites so unsure where the proper fix is.

I installed the latest version and just noticed a rare case with a post with several YouTube videos appear to auto-expand. May be a conflict with 8WayRun XenPorta 2 add-on which adds a 'click to expand' for longer article posts but I don't recall seeing it before.

Example page 2 - 4 videos, cuts off.
Example page 2 - 2 videos, doesn't cut off.

A possible conflict in how the 'click to expand' size is calculated according to @JoshyPHP.

Adding to my previous comment, if you want to override the "shrunk" size in expandable-but-not-expanded quotes for those pages only, you can add the following to your extra.less template:
CSS:
[data-template="EWRporta_article_thread_view"] .is-expandable:not(.is-expanded) [data-s9e-mediaembed]
{
    width: 640px;
}

Adding to my previous comment, if you want to override the "shrunk" size in expandable-but-not-expanded quotes for those pages only, you can add the following to your extra.less template:
CSS:
[data-template="EWRporta_article_thread_view"] .is-expandable:not(.is-expanded) [data-s9e-mediaembed]
{
    width: 640px;
}
Thanks @JoshyPHP, I just applied that to extra.less and it worked great, the previous example does not cut off now and expands properly.

Hello.
First of all, I love your portal. I think it is the plugin that all of us who use xenforo should have.
I have a little problem. There is a block in the header that I have not been able to remove. I searched the options and some pages of this topic without result.
I would appreciate some help. Thanks.

Captura de pantalla 2022-03-23 195559.webp

Hello.
First of all, I love your portal. I think it is the plugin that all of us who use xenforo should have.
I have a little problem. There is a block in the header that I have not been able to remove. I searched the options and some pages of this topic without result.
I would appreciate some help. Thanks.

View attachment 266330
Go to Admin Control Panel - Setup - Options - [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO and uncheck Enable Portal Header. At least if I am reading your snip right, that's what it probably is.

Top Bottom