XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Does it work with Xenforo 2.2?
Because I dont see any articles nor the option to "Promote to article" in the threads....
Yep. Been running it on 2.2 since the betas.

Make sure you are using Xenporta 2.2.0.4, the version for XF2.2.

Also, make sure the account you are using has the Xenporta Pro rights "Submit article promotions" and "Submit feature promotions". If you go to User Group Permissions in ACP and click a role to see its perms, the Xenporta permissions are at the very bottom of the page.

Yep. Been running it on 2.2 since the betas.

Make sure you are using Xenporta 2.2.0.4, the version for XF2.2.

Also, make sure the account you are using has the Xenporta Pro rights "Submit article promotions" and "Submit feature promotions". If you go to User Group Permissions in ACP and click a role to see its perms, the Xenporta permissions are at the very bottom of the page.
Thanks.
Do I have to promote them as an article every single time?

Also what I basically do is this:

1) Import RSS feed news to a forum (article forum style)
2) Filter it and post it if it's appropiate
3) Promote it as an Article to Xenporta
4) ... still working on it: but I want to show it up in e "News" page.

If I do this the comments will go to the main forum that was posted from?
Is there a better way to do it?

Do I have to promote them as an article every single time?
Yes. There is an "auto-promote" option that you can turn on at, I think, the node level (but I am just going on memory here) but that just pops up the promotion screen when a thread is posted. It isn't truly "automatic", just saves you going to the menu and clicking "Promote to article".

Also what I basically do is this:

1) Import RSS feed news to a forum (article forum style)
2) Filter it and post it if it's appropiate
3) Promote it as an Article to Xenporta
4) ... still working on it: but I want to show it up in e "News" page.

If I do this the comments will go to the main forum that was posted from?
Is there a better way to do it?
My use of XenPorta is a lot more basic. Just promoting interesting threads and content to the front page. Your process sounds good to me but I don't use RSS the way you do so someone with more experience in that would have to comment.

Some really quick questions to those that have used this.

1. Can Xenporta widgets do grids with a configurable number of items? I'm essentially wanting to add a grid like section to my existing forum home (not a dedicated page).
2. Is the BG image pulled from the thread's cover and/or first attachments, how flexible is this?
3. Can this modify the What's New template or has anyone managed to add widgets there?
4. Any issues with UIX themes ? I know historically we had problems with Jaxel addons and specifically some conflicting template edits and some UIX themes so wondering if things are better now.

Appreciate any feedback.

1. The latest version lets you adjust the grid layout but it is still a standalone page. Not sure if you could embed it in another page or not.

2. With the new Xenforo articles threads, Xenforo picks up the cover image from the thread which is the first attachment. For Features (a scrolling slideshow at the top), you can upload a picture. Hit my home page (in my sig) to see a fairly basic Xenporta front page. I haven't really done much tinkering with it so far.

3. Not sure. Haven't done it.

4. I use a Pixel Exit style (custom based on Flat Awesome+) with no problems. Have never used UIX.

How do we get support for this plugin?

I have a error, we spend 2K on a video which I try to embed but get this error:

1607417933080.png

I found his support e-mail and send a link to this post.

Last edited:
1. The latest version lets you adjust the grid layout but it is still a standalone page. Not sure if you could embed it in another page or not.

2. With the new Xenforo articles threads, Xenforo picks up the cover image from the thread which is the first attachment. For Features (a scrolling slideshow at the top), you can upload a picture. Hit my home page (in my sig) to see a fairly basic Xenporta front page. I haven't really done much tinkering with it so far.

3. Not sure. Haven't done it.

4. I use a Pixel Exit style (custom based on Flat Awesome+) with no problems. Have never used UIX.
Thank you for the detailed response.

Looks like I can't really plonk a grid in a standard widget position on the forum home which kind of kills this for me.

yeah I just noted it, I put the entire url in the VIDEO ID while you made it in bold, it should only be VIDEO ID not the entire url.
now it works :)

After the install, I don't see any of this. I'm only able to access the options menu. What am I missing? I'm on the latest version.

missingitems.webp

Top Bottom