XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Is it possible to create a subdomain and run the portal in that domain? There is a forum on domain.net. Does xenporta work on portal.domain.net?
I will leave it to Jaxel to answer, but I am curious. What would be the use case for putting the portal in a separate domain? Xenporta is not designed as a standalone system but as an extension of Xenforo. Basically, it's a way of presenting promoted threads in a couple ways (article or feature) that make for a nice landing page for your forums. It also enables a form of article thread similar to what is coming in 2.2 (basically, when you promote a thread, you can choose to have the thread formatted as an article).

I can't speak to bebekforum's situation, but I do have a similar need myself. I currently have my forum run in a subdomain, and I'd like to setup the portal to run in the domain root rather than the forums subdomain. I'm trying to avoid moving the forum out of its subdomain and into the root, partly to avoid confusion for our users, partly to maintain our SEO, and partly to maintain consistency with other sections of the site all operating in their own individual subdomain spaces.

Is there a way to show a full image instead of a thumbnail when promoting an article?
I tried not using attachment and clicking only Avatar, and still shows thumbnail image

and I'd like to setup the portal to run in the domain root rather than the forums subdomain.
Easily done with htaccess file.

Of course, you can rename portal page to your liking (check FAQ of this addon on how to).

Jaxel testing the Articles widget and placing it down the page, on mobile version is it show all not formatted, so that I had to disable it.
How can solve this?
And is it possible to hide the first post description inside the sqaure of each article shown in the home page?

Last edited:
DO NOT upgrade to XF2.2 at this time if you use XenPorta2.

There will be a lot of work involved in getting this working in XF2.2.
Good to know. Thanks for the update. I upgraded my dev for testing other features and it doesn't seem to be breaking anything, but I have not really looked at Xenporta yet, just tried out new features. Worst case, I'll uninstall Xenporta from dev until you get the upgrade out.

Good to know. Thanks for the update. I upgraded my dev for testing other features and it doesn't seem to be breaking anything, but I have not really looked at Xenporta yet, just tried out new features. Worst case, I'll uninstall Xenporta from dev until you get the upgrade out.
It won't "break" anything. You'll just get a ton of template errors.

Actually, after updating my parent style to a 2.2beta provided by Pixel Exit, most of the template errors have gone away. Glad to hear you're on it, but it's not being a problem for me so far.

Last edited:
Jaxel updated XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO with a new update entry:

2.2.0.0 - CHANGELOG

• This release updates the addon to work with XenForo 2.2+. This is a big update, so please inform me of any issues.
  • XF2.2 adds a new discussion type system. I have decided to incorporate the articles as much as possible into this new system. I deemed this a better solution than rewriting the entire addon as it's own discussion type; as that would have been a complete rewrite, and would have forced me to charge for it as a new addon.
  • Any thread promoted to an article will force...

Read the rest of this update entry...

At this time, I do not recommend upgrading to any 2.2.x version. It's still a bit finicky as I figure out the new template extension system.

With the current version, if you promote a suggestion or question/answer thread; you will lose the extra controls for those thread types on promotion. This has been fixed for the next version; but it will be a few days before I release it.

Is there something special I need to do to get the promote thread button to appear? I set the forum to watch in options. Created my categories. But no matter what I do when creating a thread or trying to promote one those button do not appear.

Is there something special I need to do to get the promote thread button to appear? I set the forum to watch in options. Created my categories. But no matter what I do when creating a thread or trying to promote one those button do not appear.
Set up your permissions,

Top Bottom