XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Is there anything else I need to do to make the author name appear? I assigned an author name to a user but it's not displaying on the site, it's still the user's name. Am I missing something?

Just purchased this and liking it so far.
Quick question, ok two.

- When I promote an article via the drop down menu. It creates two articles on the portal page.

- Also Auto promoting forums does not work. I select my "News" node and when I post a new test message, it shows the promote article box checked but it does not show in the portal page after refreshing.

UPDATE- This one is fixed. I had a article widget on the same page as the article portal page, thus duping my posts.

Last edited:
Another issue, I guess it does not like adding both nav and sidebar. Once I added the sidebar to the right, it messed up the formatting. I now have double postings, right justified. I removed the sidebar (right) and tried to rebuild the add-on and still the same.

Update - This one is fixed as well. Did not realize (new to xF) that under Style Properties -> [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO you had to make changes on every style you use . I thought it carried over. In my case unchecked Enable masonry grid

Last edited:
Is there anything else I need to do to make the author name appear? I assigned an author name to a user but it's not displaying on the site, it's still the user's name. Am I missing something?
I still have no clue how to make the author name appear, I reinstalled the addon, rebuilt the caches etc..nothing

Just tested and it works, was not using it before.
1st) Add-ons->[8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO->Authors I created my author name making sure I matched the same name as the user. In this case me
2nd) Add-ons->[8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO->Options-> Article Format: Select Enable custom article layout and Show author byline block
3) Make sure that person has user permissions to submit and moderate (I selected all four) for [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO. It was all the way to the bottom

Just tested and it works, was not using it before.
1st) Add-ons->[8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO->Authors I created my author name making sure I matched the same name as the user. In this case me
2nd) Add-ons->[8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO->Options-> Article Format: Select Enable custom article layout and Show author byline block
3) Make sure that person has user permissions to submit and moderate (I selected all four) for [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO. It was all the way to the bottom

1- did that
2- I have custom article format but I don't have the byline block as I don't want it. Enabling that, shows the bio block, where the user is actually the alias I wanted. However, I don't want the byline block and I want the article author name to appear under the title, not in the byline block
3- One user that was tested was me (the admin) and it has all the rights, but it didn't help. Also, having all of these enabled to display a name is pretty stupid since you'd want some random user from the forum to promote, not just people who can flag threads as articles. I'm starting to believe the addon is conieved this way, to display the username under the title block and the name you specify only in the byline.

Thanks tho for the suggestions :)

Ah sorry I understand now. Are you running a custom style? If so, could that be deleting the article author's name? I wish there was a better installation guide other than a video that starts with everything setup. Then again, I'm new to Xenforo from a back end perspective. So everything is new to me right now. Working my way through things trying to forgot or put aside my old vB ways.

I am running a custom style but as I know, the addon inserts elements using the style elements, so it shouldn't affect this. I can do some manual modifications to the template to show the user name but I thought it should be an option not something I should code manually :)

What do you mean by making the author name "appear"?
In the Authors section of the addon, you can add a name to any forum username. After I promote the thread as an article, even if the username that wrote that thread has a defined name in Authors, it's not displayed in the article. Only if I enable the byline, the name appears.

Top Bottom