XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Suggestion: Would be good to be able to upload a picture to use for the Article header. Sometimes I won't want to use one of the attached pictures in the thread and would like one that is formatted specifically to use as the Article picture on the Portal Home Page
@Jaxel what do you think the the above suggestion? Cheers.

It looks like the issue is related to Cloudflare...
OK, will check it out. Any ideas though, it only is an issue with your add-on.

Why can't you just upload it as an attachment?
Because I would like a different image to display as the thumbnail that doesn't show in the message itself. And a couple of other reasons, 1 being that I want to add watermarks to large, article images and that I want the exact aspect ratio for a thumbnail that is different to the article picture.

OK, will check it out. Any ideas though, it only is an issue with your add-on.

Because I would like a different image to display as the thumbnail that doesn't show in the message itself. And a couple of other reasons, 1 being that I want to add watermarks to large, article images and that I want the exact aspect ratio for a thumbnail that is different to the article picture.
Uncheck "Show attachment gallery" in the admin cp and non-embedded images wont show on the thread.

There is an option to automatically promote a thread after it is created. But there is no longer an option to fetch threads in a specific forum as articles.
How badly does it affect the server? Can we have that option back, as in XP1 we have been using that. Manual intervention is very difficult plus the users are confused why some threads are shown as article whereas theirs are not...

If all threads in a specific forum is shown as Articles.. it is much better.

Please consider this.

How badly does it affect the server? Can we have that option back, as in XP1 we have been using that. Manual intervention is very difficult plus the users are confused why some threads are shown as article whereas theirs are not...

If all threads in a specific forum is shown as Articles.. it is much better.

Please consider this.
It would add 4 queries per thread. So if you have 10 threads on your portal, it would add 40 queries.

It would add 4 queries per thread. So if you have 10 threads on your portal, it would add 40 queries.
ahaah.. just when i was preparing to finish the design.

Does this mean if the articles are individually promoted and i have 10 such promoted threads--> articles on the Portal page... the additional queries will not be added?

ahaah.. just when i was preparing to finish the design.

Does this mean if the articles are individually promoted and i have 10 such promoted threads--> articles on the Portal page... the additional queries will not be added?
No. It would be 4 extra queries for each thread just to implement the system.

I manage a forum that will be importing from the vBulletin CMS, with plenty of articles already created. Is there a way to mass add them to this system to avoid having to manually promote hundreds of articles?

Fillip

Having some customisation work on this.

@Jaxel - am trying to add in a div at the top of the articles (the green box). Where would you recommend this added? We can get it at the top of the page but would like it as displayed in the attached image below, under featured but above first article.

Secondly, how could we add another one in between articles like the pic below (eg conditional)? PS, everything is complete apart from these 2 divs.

I realise this is likely outside scope of support but am attempting to make this fit real nice as a front page to the forum.

00475F88-628C-4B8D-B563-D0264F087CC0.webp

...am trying to add in a div at the top of the articles (the green box). Where would you recommend this added? We can get it at the top of the page but would like it as displayed in the attached image below, under featured but above first article.

- add HTML widget
- Advanced mode
- Template

Code:
<div class="block" {{ widget_data($widget) }}>

<div class="block-container">

<div class="block-body block-row">

Your stuff

</div>

</div>

</div>

-Display in positions: XenPorta > Articles list: Above (full)
-Display position: 2

can the featured article slider be embeded on pages other than the portal page? say, with a widget?

Edit widget features:

Display in positions: Tick a box you want eg Forum list: Above nodes

or use the <xf:widget key="xp_features" /> syntax directly in template.

Top Bottom