XF2 [8WR] XenAtendo 2 (Calendar) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenAtendo 2 (Calendar) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.3

No permission to buy ($40.00)
So slapped this on a UIX 2 board. So far no issues. Could really do with some styling properties (there is only one that I could find) as my CSS is now 3 chapters long. I'll keep you posted. Looks very promising. Thanks @Jaxel

Possible Bugs:
1. Reroute post thread controller to event in event forums does not seem to do what it's supposed to unless I'm misunderstanding its purpose. The Post Thread button disappears from my event forum. @Jaxel

Feature Suggestions (to optimize the workflow):
1. Add option to default events to an event forum when thread selection is required
2. Add option to auto-expand Categories section (right now it defaults to collapsed and people will miss it) or better yet put categories into main body.
3. Add Events Created to Member Profile
4. Periodic reminder Alerts to Events you RSVP to (apologies if this feature already exists, it's not clear) with option to disable Event Alerts in Preferences
5. Option to display event image in featured event background container.
6. Add option to use default forum thread prefix (currently use still has to select it even though default is setup for the forum node)
7. Make RSVP much much more prominent per event, can't stress enough how important it is to have a separate RSVP button per event.
8. Change event organizer/owner
9. Location field can be optional
10. End date/time should default to > start date/time when creating new event
11. Add thread to Calendar & Feature thread should really have their own permissions

Last edited:
2.0.1.0 - CHANGELOG
Some entity relation names were changed to reduce the chances of collisions with other addons.

It seems the update do quite the opposite on my Forum.
I think the Problem is now with this AddOn: Steam Authentication

Server Error Log (one of many):
Code:
Exception: Macro public:thread_list_macros :: item_new_posts() error: DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone () src/addons/EWR/Atendo/Entity/Event.php:96
Generated by: Barus Godwood 30 April 2018 at 10:09

Stack trace:
Code:
#0 src/addons/EWR/Atendo/Entity/Event.php(96): DateTimeZone->__construct('')
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(142): EWR\Atendo\Entity\Event->getNextDate()
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(95): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('nextdate')
#3 src/addons/EWR/Atendo/Entity/Thread.php(13): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__get('nextdate')
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(142): EWR\Atendo\Entity\Thread->getEventTitle()
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(100): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('event_title')
#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s3/public/thread_list_macros.php(350): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('event_title')
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(661): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SteamAuth\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s3/public/widget_new_posts.php(82): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('thread_list_mac...', 'item_new_posts', Array, Array)
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1248): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SteamAuth\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#10 src/XF/Widget/WidgetRenderer.php(62): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('widget_new_post...', Array)
#11 src/XF/Widget/WidgetRenderer.php(67): XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer->render()
#12 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1524): XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer->__toString()
#13 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s3/public/thread_view.php(954): XF\Template\Templater->widgetPosition('thread_view_sid...', Array)
#14 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1248): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SteamAuth\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#15 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#19 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#20 src/XF/App.php(1891): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#21 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#22 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#23 {main}

Request state:
Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(87) "/Forum/index.php?threads/dracheninsel-hanse-liste-der-externen-vendoren-04-03-2018.468/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["threads/dracheninsel-hanse-liste-der-externen-vendoren-04-03-2018_468/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Edit:
I was wrong. Ist not Steam Auth. Its disabled and now i get these Errors:

Server Error Log:
Code:
Exception: Macro public:thread_list_macros :: item() error: DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone () src/addons/EWR/Atendo/Entity/Event.php:96
Generated by: Unknown account 30 April 2018 at 10:44

Stuck trace:
Code:
#0 src/addons/EWR/Atendo/Entity/Event.php(96): DateTimeZone->__construct('')
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(142): EWR\Atendo\Entity\Event->getNextDate()
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(95): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('nextdate')
#3 src/addons/EWR/Atendo/Entity/Thread.php(13): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__get('nextdate')
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(142): EWR\Atendo\Entity\Thread->getEventTitle()
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(100): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('event_title')
#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s3/public/thread_list_macros.php(157): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('event_title')
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(661): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s3/public/whats_new_posts.php(226): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('thread_list_mac...', 'item', Array, Array)
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(661): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#10 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s3/public/whats_new_posts.php(348): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('whats_new_posts', 'results', Array, Array)
#11 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1248): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#12 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('whats_new_posts', Array)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:WhatsNew\\Pos...', 'public:whats_ne...', Array)
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#17 src/XF/App.php(1891): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#18 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#19 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#20 {main}

Request state:
Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(38) "/Forum/index.php?whats-new/posts/3040/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["whats-new/posts/3040/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Last edited:
Do you have any events that have no occurrences?

Add after line 94 in EWR\Atendo\Entity\Event.php:
Code:
if (!$occur) { return '?'; }

Do you have any events that have no occurrences?

Add after line 94 in EWR\Atendo\Entity\Event.php:
Code:
if (!$occur) { return '?'; }
Yes.
I tried to add an event, but I got an error because of a wrong Image path.
Nevertheless, the event was registered without occurences. I deleted it now.
Thx for fast Response.

Would it be possible to link a countdown to a calendar event. Maybe a checkbox on the event to set it to the countdown. If multiple events set for countdown, it would display the closest one?

Hi,

With wider fluid width styles the image at the top of a created event is shifted all the way to the left and/or won’t expand to fill the space. Is there a way to center the image and/or make it stretch to fill the space? Is there a CSS file that can be modified?

Untitled.webp

Possible Bugs:
1. Reroute post thread controller to event in event forums does not seem to do what it's supposed to unless I'm misunderstanding its purpose. The Post Thread button disappears from my event forum. @Jaxel

Feature Suggestions (to optimize the workflow):
1. Add option to default events to an event forum when thread selection is required
2. Add option to auto-expand Categories section (right now it defaults to collapsed and people will miss it) or better yet put categories into main body.
3. Add Events Created to Member Profile
4. Periodic reminder Alerts to Events you RSVP to (apologies if this feature already exists, it's not clear) with option to disable Event Alerts in Preferences
5. Option to display event image in featured event background container.
6. Add option to use default forum thread prefix (currently use still has to select it even though default is setup for the forum node)
7. Make RSVP much much more prominent per event, can't stress enough how important it is to have a separate RSVP button per event.
8. Change event organizer/owner
9. Location field can be optional
10. End date/time should default to > start date/time when creating new event
11. Add thread to Calendar & Feature thread should really have their own permissions

@Jaxel

Any comments on the issue I'm having (see item 1). I sent you a PM a while back also with the template mod that I think was the culprit.

If you have some ideas, I'd love to see them.
Well here goes. My best paint skillz...

Something like this ; Add in the words Are you attending , or RSVP , something like that to the left of the YES / NO / MAYBE

1525647275841.webp

Or even something a bit above where I just added the buttons

ths.webp

@Jaxel , I am guessing you changed the functionality between your new xf2 addon and the old one? I was thinking like your old XF1 ...

4-jpg.24487

Can't do either... You RSVP to occurrences, not to events.

So why not keep the page buttons available for single occurrence events which I'm guessing is the majority of events.

For recurring events you can put it in that bar and maybe make it a bit more apparent.

No one on my board is using rsvp because they can't find it. Anything to make it easier to style and customize is a win.

Hello. I would be very pleased if someone could tell me how to change the colours of the month view.
I am new with XF2 and i did not found any option for it.

Top Bottom