XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Is obviously not interested in helping their customers by the looks of things, so I have decided not to buy it.
Thanks to everyone who helped me to make an easy decision.

Good afternoon, In a quick browse it seems the developer has not been active lately. My question is: has he simply not been active because the addon works as designed or are there issues with the plug-in he simply has not responded too? Just trying to figure out if I should build a forum that would need something like this?

Thank you

This addon hasn't been updated since Nov 20, so doubt it.

Ah okay. No use for that personally, but good to know what was missing from the other one =) Maybe it should be suggested there.

You can send threads and replies to different nodes in the other Discord add-on as well.

Nixfifty is a trusted and reliable add-on creator. His add-ons are very well done and he not only provides active support, but he is quick to listen to his supporters and build in functionality that they need.

Always been super happy with him.

This seems like a post that's more appropriate for a Nixfifty thread.

You can send threads and replies to different nodes in the other Discord add-on as well.

Not on a per-node basis.

This seems like a post that's more appropriate for a Nixfifty thread.

Well I think that is debatable. There's a lot (and this is not new, this has been going on for years - just not to this extent) of concern from individuals looking for a Discord solution and to ones that have purchased this solution regarding the lack of support provided by the author. If someone is charging for an add-on, than there is a basic expectation that it will be supported. If there isn't to be that expectation than that should be clearly advised at the time of purchase.

I understand the frustration that I read in these and other 8WR threads. Jaxel's add-ons are well written and great for communities, but support and contact is spotty.

Now, it has been a crazy past two years -- so who knows what RL things Jaxel could be dealing with. Personally, I hope he is fine -- but people here looking for answers and options shouldn't have those needs or concerns ignored.

Well I think that is debatable. There's a lot (and this is not new, this has been going on for years - just not to this extent) of concern from individuals looking for a Discord solution and to ones that have purchased this solution regarding the lack of support provided by the author. If someone is charging for an add-on, than there is a basic expectation that it will be supported. If there isn't to be that expectation than that should be clearly advised at the time of purchase.

I understand the frustration that I read in these and other 8WR threads. Jaxel's add-ons are well written and great for communities, but support and contact is spotty.

Now, it has been a crazy past two years -- so who knows what RL things Jaxel could be dealing with. Personally, I hope he is fine -- but people here looking for answers and options shouldn't have those needs or concerns ignored.

It's all in the pricing. $30 for a lifetime of support and updates means you don't know what your time is worth.

Jaxel, please for the love of discord, add a renewal fee.

Jaxel updated XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration with a new update entry:

2.1.1.8 - CHANGELOG

• You can now sync "managed" roles from Discord to XenForo. A managed role, is a role automatically assigned on a Discord server by a bot; such as boosters or Twitch subscribers. Even on Discord, you can not manually assign these roles to users; so the sync direction is D->XF only.
    I do not have any managed roles on my servers, so I have no way to test this feature. It is working theoretically. If you have any issues, let me know.
  • The roles list in the admin CP options is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bug report: When a user posts to a forum that requires moderator approval, the bot posts a link to the thread. When the post gets approved, the bot posts a second, duplicate link to the topic. Ideally it should send the notification only once, at the time the topic is approved.
Still need a fix on this double-posting issue when you can get to it.

Top Bottom