XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I'd love to see the ability to setup when a topic is created in a particular forum, the announcement goes into a designated discord channel - ie New topic posted in our Battlefield forum is posted in our Battlefield channel, then a thread created in the general forum would end up announcing in the off-topic channel and so on.

I'd love to see the ability to setup when a topic is created in a particular forum, the announcement goes into a designated discord channel - ie New topic posted in our Battlefield forum is posted in our Battlefield channel, then a thread created in the general forum would end up announcing in the off-topic channel and so on.
you can do that via node permissions.

@John L. how did you get your address to be www.site.com/discord rather than www.site.com/ewr-discord

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it will work for new feeds as no new content has been released for it yet, but the import feed button doesn't work.

An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

Hey @Jaxel, the RSS does seem to be broken with this installed. A fix would be appreciated whenever you get a chance.

Hey Jaxel,

My role permissions aren't syncing. I updated the Bot's role to be the top role in the list for my Discord server and ensured it had admin permissions. It's still not making the changes to users other than myself. Does the user have to be online for it to adjust permissions?

Last edited:
Is there a plan to support Discord -> Xenforo instead of only the Xenforo -> Discord. For example If they are an admin on discord when they join xenforo they are given admin and things are nicely sycned. I have a large discord server and just starting a forum to branch out and lot of the features are not super useful because I have no one on my forum but a discord server with 1200 people in it.

At the very minimum it would be amazing to see this read roles and give role X to the user on the forum if they sign up with discord to remove the struggle of having to assign roles when people join from your discord.

I kinda bought this and misread the role syncing and thought it went both ways WHOOPS but at least people can sign in with discord though.

Good Addon

Hey Jaxel,

My role permissions aren't syncing. I updated the Bot's role to be the top role in the list for my Discord server and ensured it had admin permissions. It's still not making the changes to users other than myself. Does the user have to be online for it to adjust permissions?
@Jaxel I got the same problem X_x

This might be a silly question, but I don't know how discord bots and servers work beyond the basics.

Is it possible to have the integration bot post to multiple discords when a thread is created?

Hi @Jaxel

My discord bot isn't posting to discord even though i've got it connected and all that. Is there something I'm missing?

And then I have a request for a feature, could it be possible that when people get notifications on the forum that it pm's them on discord? I would love to get away from tapatalk and my forum wants tapatalk for notifications. It would also be great if such a feature could be limited to certain usergroups as an incentive to become vip

Thanks for the great work

A feature would be really cool indeed after one account is sync the bot could perhaps notify the specific users they have new alerts, that englobing DM's on the forum would kinda feed one necessary activity stream. :)

Hi @Jaxel

My discord bot isn't posting to discord even though i've got it connected and all that. Is there something I'm missing?

And then I have a request for a feature, could it be possible that when people get notifications on the forum that it pm's them on discord? I would love to get away from tapatalk and my forum wants tapatalk for notifications. It would also be great if such a feature could be limited to certain usergroups as an incentive to become vip

Thanks for the great work

This would be amazing, I'm not sure how it could work though. I imagine that most Discord notifications have to have some kind of Discord in app end point, whether it's a channel or private message conversation. Unless there's some way to programmatically create a private channel for every user to use as a notification page. I imagine if something like that ended up getting abused without much of the traffic remaining on discord then it could be banned.

Very interesting thought though....perhaps someone can figure out a solution. It would be great to have it as a free (to the user) alternative to something like Pushover.

This might be a silly question, but I don't know how discord bots and servers work beyond the basics.

Is it possible to have the integration bot post to multiple discords when a thread is created?
In addition to this, do we get discount if we already had the add-on for XF1?

@Jaxel

Suddenly the link for invite stopped working at my site and it just sends to the current page instead.

https://vocaverse.network/discord/

Phrase is currently:

Code:
<a href="{invite}">JOIN</a>

It just stopped working, no errors, no explanations, no modifications were done after it was setup.

Everything else of the plugin works.

Also another question, how can I modify where the Discord widget appears? Cannot seem to find it under Widgets.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no issues with syncing. If the mod was previously working, and now has stopped, then set it all back up again... because you probably changed your keys.

Is it possible to use an already existing bot for this? I currently am using the "Red Bot", which is a self hosted bot and I wanted to just use this with that bot instead of making a whole new one.

Top Bottom