XF2 [8WR] Database Backup

XF2 [8WR] Database Backup [Paid] 2.1.0.8

No permission to buy ($10.00)
I seem to have the opposite problem to most,

I have this set to backup both the database and the file structure but only the database is being backed up.

Any suggestions for fixing/troubleshooting?

XF 2.0.12
[8WR] Database Backup 2.0.0.5

Can you address this please, @Jaxel? Why would only the database be backed up?

Yes. And the if the file permissions weren't set correctly it wouldn't be saving the database in that folder.

I don't have XAMPP.

And this is a paid add-on. I would expect support from the seller. That appears to be nonexistent.

I tried to help you identifying the problem. But alright, good luck.
Yes sorry. I'm frustrated but not with you. I don't necessarily expect support for a free addon but IMO as soon as you start charging people for it you have an obligation to support it. I certainly won't purchase anything else from this guy, or recommend him to anyone else.

Hi,
if the backup files happen to be stored in XF root, then (in 2.0.0.5) the Backup-Plugin also backups the already existing backup-archives, resulting in very large file backup archives over time and I am running out of disk space in no time.

I would love a filter that excludes any folder/file which has the known backup root path - and so is recognized as the backup dir, which should be left out.

Has anyone else seen an issue where the board does not re-enable itself after a backup?
This is the second time in a row (new install) where the backup shuts down the board (expected).
But the board never gets re-enabled afterwards? I have to manually re-enable it?

What does the backup log say?

Took me a minute to find it.
In case anyone else wants to know, it's in Admin CP | Tools | Backup History | Click the four-dot menu to view logs

I didn't see anything interesting but attached it just in case it helps?

Attachments

Is there a notice on the log itself that says it timed out?

The word "time" and "timed" are not anywhere in the log, no.

Here are the last rows of the log:

-- Retrieving table structure for table xf_widget_position...
-- Sending SELECT query...
-- Retrieving rows...
-- Rolling back to savepoint sp...
-- Releasing savepoint...
-- Disconnecting from localhost...

Top Bottom