xF-Wordpress Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

Okay, thanks.

I have only one last idea or rather question: would it be possible to create an extra forum account as "News Bot" who is connected with the Author, Admin, whatever group write posts on wordpress and which creates the Threads? Is there any way to "hardcode" (sorry, I don't know how to call it) the connection or so, so that there's no need to connect the other wordpress and xenforo accounts which means, that you wouldn't need to use cookies?

Or is there absolutely no way to build a plugin which creates new Xenforo threads AND is compatible with W3TC?

Sorry that I bother you so much.

If you are simply looking for that functionality, it is very possible. Easily achievable as well.

Hi, we're able to integrate the Wordpress-Xenforo log in. We're able to log in successfully but I notice, after using Wordpress for a while, the system will log me out. I have to log in again. It's annoying. If we're at Xenforo, we don't experience this. Is there anything we can do? Some configuration perhaps?

Hi, we're able to integrate the Wordpress-Xenforo log in. We're able to log in successfully but I notice, after using Wordpress for a while, the system will log me out. I have to log in again. It's annoying. If we're at Xenforo, we don't experience this. Is there anything we can do? Some configuration perhaps?

Do you check "Stay Logged in" on xenForo?

Questions:

1. Currently, people on my WP aren't suppose to register in order to comment. Is it possible with this plugin?

2. How do I connect to WP ACP with this bridge? I'm the only registered user on my WP.

3. People who are currently registered on my XF board, would be able to comment with their user on WP with their details/avatar, etc`?

4. Would it work on either sub-domain or route? For example: Wordpress.yourdomain.com or yourdomain.com/wordpress

5. Is there a demo somewhere to look at?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Okay so my directory is is something.com/forum for xenforo
and something.com/ for the wordpress

Do I need to change something?
Activating the plugin changes to this:

Warning: Invalid error type specified in /home/hikaru/public_html/wp-content/plugins/xF-Wordpress Bridge/xF-Wordpress Bridge.php on line 440

Warning: require(library/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hikaru/public_html/wp-content/plugins/xF-Wordpress Bridge/xF-Wordpress Bridge.php on line 477

Warning: require(library/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hikaru/public_html/wp-content/plugins/xF-Wordpress Bridge/xF-Wordpress Bridge.php on line 477

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'library/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/hikaru/public_html/wp-content/plugins/xF-Wordpress Bridge/xF-Wordpress Bridge.php on line 477
i am sorry i am such a newbie, what do I need to do?
Thanks in advance and sorry for the trouble.

I experimented with the other bridge, but I don't think it's going to meet my needs any more than this one. All I want is a News Bot that creates threads within a certain forum section and automatically replaces my comment link with a link to that thread in the forums. No user integration - just automatic thread creation and the ability to show the number of comments within WordPress and link to them.

The other bridge does this, but requires you to log in with your xenForo credentials. All posts are made from the account that you log into WordPress as and there's no way around this.

If anyone can make what I just said above, I would be willing to pay $20, $30, $40, $50, whatever it takes.

a disqus type wp plugin with xf would be awesome but i think this may work for our needs... just a few questions:

what would make this plugin NOT work... like why would a member login into xf and then go to wp and NOT be logged in? the reason I ask is bc we tried a bridge like this before with wp and vb and it never worked right... just want to make sure that does happen here and if it does we have some support...

I set up the plugin, but receiving this error where comments on my wordpress website should display the comments.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Zend_Registry::lazyLoad() in/home/doubleh/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Application.phpon line

Line 732. require_once(ABSPATH . WPINC . '/registration.php');
This file no longer needs to be included (WP 3.1 and above)

Thanks for letting me know.

Questions:

1. Currently, people on my WP aren't suppose to register in order to comment. Is it possible with this plugin?

2. How do I connect to WP ACP with this bridge? I'm the only registered user on my WP.

3. People who are currently registered on my XF board, would be able to comment with their user on WP with their details/avatar, etc`?

4. Would it work on either sub-domain or route? For example: Wordpress.yourdomain.com or yourdomain.com/wordpress

5. Is there a demo somewhere to look at?

Thanks.

1. There shouldn't be any problems with non-registered members to comment on WordPress with this plugin installed. I run it on one of my own sites.

2. All users are handled by xenForo at the moment. As long as you have a xenForo account made with either the same name or the same email address the bridge will connect the two accounts automatically. Afterwards, everything can be handled from xenForo (usergroups and so on).

3. Yes, when they login in xenForo, they will automatically be logged in to WordPress and whatever their avatar is in xenForo, that will display when they comment.

4. I haven't personally tested it this way, usually wordpress is on the main page while the forums are located at /community or /forums (If you have problems after you've got the plugin let me know.)

5. There is no official demo setup because I would need an extra xenForo license for that, however, you can PM me if you'd like to see it work on my personal site.

Okay so my directory is is something.com/forum for xenforo
and something.com/ for the wordpress

Do I need to change something?
Activating the plugin changes to this:

i am sorry i am such a newbie, what do I need to do?
Thanks in advance and sorry for the trouble.

It seems as though you haven't put in the correct values in the fields. Could you please copy and paste the values you put into the two fields, you can send me a PM with the information.

I experimented with the other bridge, but I don't think it's going to meet my needs any more than this one. All I want is a News Bot that creates threads within a certain forum section and automatically replaces my comment link with a link to that thread in the forums. No user integration - just automatic thread creation and the ability to show the number of comments within WordPress and link to them.

The other bridge does this, but requires you to log in with your xenForo credentials. All posts are made from the account that you log into WordPress as and there's no way around this.

If anyone can make what I just said above, I would be willing to pay $20, $30, $40, $50, whatever it takes.

Yeah, this bridge definitely won't suffice for that. Hopefully someone else will look into it.

a disqus type wp plugin with xf would be awesome but i think this may work for our needs... just a few questions:

what would make this plugin NOT work... like why would a member login into xf and then go to wp and NOT be logged in? the reason I ask is bc we tried a bridge like this before with wp and vb and it never worked right... just want to make sure that does happen here and if it does we have some support...

Caching is currently the problem with most bridge's that run single sign on with cookies. As long as you don't have caching on WordPress you should likely not have any problems. If you do have problems, you can definitely message me or send me a PM.

I set up the plugin, but receiving this error where comments on my wordpress website should display the comments.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Zend_Registry::lazyLoad() in/home/doubleh/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Application.phpon line

You might want to check out LPH's link. This might not exactly be a plugin problem. However, I have emailed you (I assume you're the one that emailed me about the comments issue).

Sorry for the late reply, I apparently wasn't getting any alerts.

Reactions: LPH
Top Bottom