xF-Wordpress Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

Yea that should be it.

It's the "/author/username/" link.

This doesn't work for me :( I'm only getting the user name, not any link.

Then you should be able to see all the authors without a problem? If you'd like, just put registered users as authors on wordpress so you can work on the content, and then just change the usergroup mapping if that's the issue.

No no, sorry I didn't explain that, I've already mapped registered users to Authors, still can't see them on a list when I edit a post.

This doesn't work for me :( I'm only getting the user name, not any link.

No no, sorry I didn't explain that, I've already mapped registered users to Authors, still can't see them on a list when I edit a post.

Give me the link that is not redirecting for you.

Are you using an external plugin to edit the posts? I might not be understanding your current situation.

What external plugin? I'm just logging into wordpress as admin and try to edit a single post, to change its author. You don't need a plugin to do that, it's core WP functionality.

Example WP post: http://www.travelstories.gr/2007/11/23/manhattan-σαν-πρώτη-φορά/

That username there doesn't have a link.

That's from the theme that you are using.

If you try this here: http://www.travelstories.gr/author/Defkalion

That should redirect to the appropriate xenForo profile link.

Ok thanks for having a look, I don't understand why the links are not coming up though, the the_author_link code is definitely there. Oh well, it's a WP issue, I'll figure it out in the end.

Have you got any ideas for the Authors problem?

Um, actually, it's not the theme I'm using (talking again about the URL to the profile).

I've disabled your plugin and the same page now shows a link over the username just fine, you're welcome to check. So there must be something else.

Alright I fixed it (partially). It needs the: the_author_posts_link instead of the_author_link :)

The problem now is if a member has a space in his username, I get a 404 page - that has nothing to do with your plugin though, it's a common WP issue. (unless you can make the plugin use the userid or the email or something to re-direct...)

Back to the authors problem :)

The problem that you are having with authors is that you don't see your whole member list when selecting a member correct?

Have you disabled the plugin to see if this changes the result?

The problem is:

I want to change the author of one wordpress post. I go to the WP post, click edit, and then among other options, there is a dropdown menu to pick another author. There, I don't get the full members list.

The problem is:

I want to change the author of one wordpress post. I go to the WP post, click edit, and then among other options, there is a dropdown menu to pick another author. There, I don't get the full members list.

Disabling the WordPress bridge seems to keep the list the same.

I believe that list only shows the members that have made some sort of posts, meaning members that are authors. It does not show all members, since they haven't made a post? I am not quite sure, I also see only a few members, even when the plugin is disabled.

No they definitely have posts in there. Your original comment seems to be the case, that the bridge actually maps the users ONLY after they login to xf and visit wordpress pages.

When the plugin is disabled, of course you wouldn't see anyone there, that's the point of this exercise, to map the XF users to WP authors. Isn't that what should be happening?

No they definitely have posts in there. Your original comment seems to be the case, that the bridge actually maps the users ONLY after they login to xf and visit wordpress pages.

When the plugin is disabled, of course you wouldn't see anyone there, that's the point of this exercise, to map the XF users to WP authors. Isn't that what should be happening?

Disable the bridge, and give user the right roles on WordPress, see if that list changes.

I also have another issue now: when the bridge is enabled, one of my other admins can't login, he gets a not found error in the wp-admin url!

Nice Plugin. I'll keep watching it since I get more and more frustrated with the Xenscript Bridge. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't + no support.

There are only two things I'm missing and that prevent me from buying it instantly:

1. That Wordpress posts doesn't get promoted to Xenforo.
2. There's no Login-Bar on the Wordpress sites. (Is there?)

Otherwise I would buy it instantly. But keep up the good work and support.

With Login Bar I mean this:

uy5S0oq.png

n7ppaGZ.png

Edit: Would there be any way to bridge Disqus with Xenforo/Wordpress?

http://wordpress.org/plugins/disqus-comment-system/

Nice Plugin. I'll keep watching it since I get more and more frustrated with the Xenscript Bridge. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't + no support.

There are only two things I'm missing and that prevent me from buying it instantly:

1. That Wordpress posts doesn't get promoted to Xenforo.
2. There's no Login-Bar on the Wordpress sites. (Is there?)

Otherwise I would buy it instantly. But keep up the good work and support.

With Login Bar I mean this:

uy5S0oq.png

n7ppaGZ.png

Edit: Would there be any way to bridge Disqus with Xenforo/Wordpress?

http://wordpress.org/plugins/disqus-comment-system/

I think that would need a completely different API. This bridge doesn't support that.

However, regarding comments system. You can build a pretty good one using wp-ajaxify comments. Which has been regularly updated for WordPress: http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-ajaxify-comments/
I am looking into the first feature that you've requested, to have WordPress posts promoted to xenForo. It's still a long way away, so I do not want to promise anything. I'd rather make the user integration completely solid before I go into other things.

As for the login bar, you can customize WordPress to include that without much problem.

Thanks
I think that would need a completely different API. This bridge doesn't support that.

However, regarding comments system. You can build a pretty good one using wp-ajaxify comments. Which has been regularly updated for WordPress: http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-ajaxify-comments/
I am looking into the first feature that you've requested, to have WordPress posts promoted to xenForo. It's still a long way away, so I do not want to promise anything. I'd rather make the user integration completely solid before I go into other things.

As for the login bar, you can customize WordPress to include that without much problem.

Thanks for your answer. I thought again about a solution and I guess I found one. At least for me.

Assumed that you would implent the promote feature, it would be enough if there were a link like "show comments" or what ever that would lead to the xenforo thread. So you'll have only one comment system.

I would like to help you but unfortunately I don't know much about coding and all that stuff.

Thanks

Thanks for your answer. I thought again about a solution and I guess I found one. At least for me.

Assumed that you would implent the promote feature, it would be enough if there were a link like "show comments" or what ever that would lead to the xenforo thread. So you'll have only one comment system.

I would like to help you but unfortunately I don't know much about coding and all that stuff.

You want WordPress posts to be created as xenForo threads correct?

Reactions: DBA
Top Bottom