xF-Wordpress Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

I shall get to it on that PM. As for the problems, that scares me as I don't want to test on my live site. Not sure if you saw my edit, but:

There should not be many such problems. If you could detail what you think may break when you switch over to this bridge, I may be able to confirm or deny it for you.

This bridge does not have any sort of thread creation implemented into it. At the moment, it functions as a solid user integration of two platforms.

I have a question: I've copied my members from vbulletin to wordpress prior to the migration to xenforo. So now I have thousands of users in wp sitting there, with no connection to XF at this point - except their names of course and their emails.

If i install this plugin, will it map to the existing users or not?

I have a question: I've copied my members from vbulletin to wordpress prior to the migration to xenforo. So now I have thousands of users in wp sitting there, with no connection to XF at this point - except their names of course and their emails.

If i install this plugin, will it map to the existing users or not?

Do you have these same users in xenForo as well? or is this an empty xenForo install and a populated WordPress install?

There should not be many such problems. If you could detail what you think may break when you switch over to this bridge, I may be able to confirm or deny it for you.

This bridge does not have any sort of thread creation implemented into it. At the moment, it functions as a solid user integration of two platforms.
Is there plan for thread creation? That is the only thing that is stopping me from the amazing plugin you have made.

These users exist in xenforo as well, yes. Same usernames obviously :)

Then you should not have any sort of problem with integration. If the user-emails are the same, then the bridge will have an easier time integrating.

This is how it checks when you login on xenForo and visit WordPress.

check WordPress user_meta to find xenForo ID > match user email > match username > create new user

That's the order it'll go through, if the prior failing, it'll move on to the next until it just creates a new user in WordPress.

Ok thanks that's great, I will double check the emails and then see if I can give it a shot :)

Hi thanks for the link to your site. I've demoed it. My Xenforo avatar gets sync to Wordpress just fine.

I notice that if I sign up at Wordpress site, I'll be directed to Xenforo for log in. Is it possible to redirect me back to Wordpress once logged in?

Hi thanks for the link to your site. I've demoed it. My Xenforo avatar gets sync to Wordpress just fine.

I notice that if I sign up at Wordpress site, I'll be directed to Xenforo for log in. Is it possible to redirect me back to Wordpress once logged in?

That shouldn't be much of an issue. I believe it would be a xenForo modification, or possibly a simple .htaccess redirect.

Haven't tested this, but it should work.

How to redirect to different subdomain after login?

Look at Jake Bunce's post.

For some reason avatars aren't syncing between the 2. User(s) are fine just no avatars.

Could you possibly give me a link to your site, as well as your plugin list? Some plugins have issues with avatar sync. The current known plugin is "White Label CMS".

http://secforums.net and I don't have any addons installed. It's a fresh install of WP and xF.

Seems like you've added a trailing slash in the settings.

My avatar link

http://secforums.net/forums/data/avatars/m/0/2.jpg?1369168913

What the bridge think's my avatar link is

http://www.secforums.net/forums//data/avatars/m/0/2.jpg?1369168913

As you can see there are two slashes.

Just remove the trailing slash in the plugin settings, and it should be fine.

Also, as it seems in your board information you haven't included the www. in front of your domain name. So you should do the same in the settings for the plugin.

I took out the trailing slash.....don't know how that thing got in there and yet the avatars still aren't syncing.

Also, as it seems in your board information you haven't included the www. in front of your domain name. So you should do the same in the settings for the plugin.

Top Bottom