xF-Wordpress Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

Yep it was that pesky www in the settings.........for some reason I can't get the site to load with the www in there. Loads perfect without it.

Yep it was that pesky www in the settings.........for some reason I can't get the site to load with the www in there. Loads perfect without it.

The main site does not load with www. because you've specified your domain name without the www in your WordPress settings here: http://secforums.net/wp-admin/options-general.php

If it's not that, then you've added a .htaccess rule.

Thanks for helping with this. Trying to get the hang of WP. Seems pretty awesome.

No problem :)

I don't think the domain name is fully propagated yet which is why it will do without the www and not with it. I just changed nameservers less than 12 hours ago.

There seems to be a bug when it comes to user permissions. - I have a user i set in Xenforo as being Registered and in a secondary usergroup as "Writer" - which is setup in Wordpress as an author. However, the user does not change. I made a new user in xenforo and gave same exact usergroups and that user is an author. Any ideas what could be going wrong and to fix this?

There seems to be a bug when it comes to user permissions. - I have a user i set in Xenforo as being Registered and in a secondary usergroup as "Writer" - which is setup in Wordpress as an author. However, the user does not change. I made a new user in xenforo and gave same exact usergroups and that user is an author. Any ideas what could be going wrong and to fix this?

When you make a user an Administrator on xenForo, are they given appropriate permissions on WordPress? If so, that would mean that usergroup mapping is working fine. There might be something wrong with the usergroup it self? Also remember, if that user has other secondary groups, the user group mapping may not work as expected.

When you make a user an Administrator on xenForo, are they given appropriate permissions on WordPress? If so, that would mean that usergroup mapping is working fine. There might be something wrong with the usergroup it self? Also remember, if that user has other secondary groups, the user group mapping may not work as expected.

Yep, appropriate permissions were set. It seems to work for other users except one user, that user has been given exact same permissions as others. Am not sure why it is not updating for him. Going to wait and see, hope it works out for other users.

Yep, appropriate permissions were set. It seems to work for other users except one user, that user has been given exact same permissions as others. Am not sure why it is not updating for him. Going to wait and see, hope it works out for other users.

Does that user have a properly created WordPress account from the bridge?

Does that user have a properly created WordPress account from the bridge?

He should be an author, but is a subscriber, so can only comment on articles not create any.
Other members have exact same usergroups, but have ability to create articles.

Ok, I think I found the problem, it must have been when the plugin was disabled, and the user did a password reset, creating new password. - I deleted the user. (hope you can find a solution for matching xenforo passwords in future)

Now when I log into WP, the avatar does not display in the top right corner. Instead there is a question mark profile pic.. not sure why. -- I had deleted a member from WP database.

He should be an author, but is a subscriber, so can only comment on articles not create any.
Other members have exact same usergroups, but have ability to create articles.

Ok, I think I found the problem, it must have been when the plugin was disabled, and the user did a password reset, creating new password. - I deleted the user. (hope you can find a solution for matching xenforo passwords in future)

Now when I log into WP, the avatar does not display in the top right corner. Instead there is a question mark profile pic.. not sure why. -- I had deleted a member from WP database.

You deleted the user, and then the bridge created a new user for the xenForo user? If the avatar is not showing up, tell that user to re-upload his avatar and it should fix the problem.

Will the BuddyPress problem that is mentioned in the description be looked into in the future?

In theory, what would be the easiest way to create a single sign-on feature when xenforo and worpdress are hosted on different servers/domains? This addon doesn't do that (due to being based on cookies), but is it how doable in theory via other means/addons? Anyone who knows, I'd appreciate an answer :)

Thanks!

Will the BuddyPress problem that is mentioned in the description be looked into in the future?

In theory, what would be the easiest way to create a single sign-on feature when xenforo and worpdress are hosted on different servers/domains? This addon doesn't do that (due to being based on cookies), but is it how doable in theory via other means/addons? Anyone who knows, I'd appreciate an answer :)

Thanks!

Besides single sign on, I think this addon can work with wordpress being on a different server than xenForo with some modifications. As for single-sign on it would be a lot more difficult.

Yeah, found this: http://merbist.com/2012/04/04/building-and-implementing-a-single-sign-on-solution/

Using different domains

Until now, we assumed all our apps were on the same top domain. In reality, you will often find yourself with apps on different domains. This means that you can’t use the shared signed cookie approach anymore. However, there is a simple trick that will allow you to avoid requiring your users to re-login as they switch apps.

SSO-differentdomains-1.png

The trick consists, when a local session isn’t present, of using an iframe in the application using the different domain. The iframe loads a page from the authentication/accounts app which verifies that a valid cookie was set on the main top domain. If that is the case, we can tell the application that the user is already globally logged in and we can tell the iframe host to redirect to an application end point passing an auth token the same way we did during the authentication. The app would then create a session and redirect the user back to where (s)he started. The next requests will see the local session and this process will be ignored.
If the authentication application doesn’t find a signed cookie, the iframe can display a login form or redirect the iframe host to a login form depending on the required behavior.
Something to keep in mind when using multiple apps and domains is that you need to keep the shared cookies/sessions in sync, meaning that if you log out from an app, you need to also delete the auth cookie to ensure that users are globally logged out. (It also means that you might always want to use an iframe to check the login status and auto-logoff users).

----
But I guess it's not trivial to implement something like this...

There are other solutions (found in that article's comments) such as CAS (Centralized Authentication System), but again, probably far from trivial.

:(

Ok cool worked , even using existing copied users to WP :)

First question: I'm trying to edit a WP post, to change the author , but I'm not getting the full list of authors in the dropdown (it should be all of my members). Is there anything I need to do to bring WP up to speed where usergroups are concerned?

Ok cool worked , even using existing copied users to WP :)

First question: I'm trying to edit a WP post, to change the author , but I'm not getting the full list of authors in the dropdown (it should be all of my members). Is there anything I need to do to bring WP up to speed where usergroups are concerned?

The bridge starts to connect xf users to wp users when that xf user logs in and visits WordPress, that's when the integration happens.

You can set up usergroup mapping in the plugin's settings.

Uh-oh, that's a major issue then for me :(

I can't force my users to visit wordpress so I can start working on their content.

Is there any other way to do this?

One more question :)

What should be the user link to be redirected to XF profile by this bridge? is it the_author_link ?

One more question :)

What should be the user link to be redirected to XF profile by this bridge? is it the_author_link ?

Yea that should be it.

It's the "/author/username/" link.

Yup. And they login just fine.

Then you should be able to see all the authors without a problem? If you'd like, just put registered users as authors on wordpress so you can work on the content, and then just change the usergroup mapping if that's the issue.

Top Bottom