xF-Wordpress Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

I'd like to see canonical links, so the XenForo threads don't supersede the original post. It would also be nice to limit categories. For example, news category posts have a natural place in forums for discussion.

This might be what I've been looking for but have a couple of questions I couldn't find the answer for in this thread.
  • I am using Wishlist in my WP to protect some digital products. Does this plugin work with WL and if so, how is the registration handled?
  • I am using aWeber in combination with my Wishlist plugin and anyone who has ever purchased anything from my WP site. How is aWeber integration being handled with this plugin?
  • How does Google 'react' to a WP - XF 'marriage?' In other words, which site (WP or XF) will dominate the search engines? My XF site is a PR3, my personal WP site is a WP2. I don't want my forum to 'reduce' the overall WP/XF site to a PR2.
  • What about paid membership forums? In other words, I have some membership levels within XF that are paid and I also have products within Wishlist that are paid. Will these different products conflict with people's purchases? In other words, will a forum member have to re-register with WL and so have 2 different logins to access their products and forum site?
Thank you so much for this great add-on. :)

PS: Are there any sites to see how this works?

This might be what I've been looking for but have a couple of questions I couldn't find the answer for in this thread.
  • I am using Wishlist in my WP to protect some digital products. Does this plugin work with WL and if so, how is the registration handled?
  • I am using aWeber in combination with my Wishlist plugin and anyone who has ever purchased anything from my WP site. How is aWeber integration being handled with this plugin?
  • How does Google 'react' to a WP - XF 'marriage?' In other words, which site (WP or XF) will dominate the search engines? My XF site is a PR3, my personal WP site is a WP2. I don't want my forum to 'reduce' the overall WP/XF site to a PR2.
  • What about paid membership forums? In other words, I have some membership levels within XF that are paid and I also have products within Wishlist that are paid. Will these different products conflict with people's purchases? In other words, will a forum member have to re-register with WL and so have 2 different logins to access their products and forum site?

This plugin is likely to conflict with the Wishlist plugin. Since this plugin has user mapping done from xenForo to WordPress, meaning it takes information from xenForo and updates WordPress information. If you'd like to handle all membership through xenForo, then this plugin will work perfectly. Meaning user upgrades are done over at xenForo, and you specify a WordPress role to map to, you won't have any trouble.

You'll probably want this under one domain if you want the single sign on solution to work. Page ranks are per domain basis, so it shouldn't make a difference, as long as there is no duplicate content.

Hi faeronsayn,

definitely interested in the plugin, would pay double or more if you were able to support posting WP posts to Xenforo, and also sync comments etc.

Do you know if or when you may add these features?

Hi faeronsayn,

definitely interested in the plugin, would pay double or more if you were able to support posting WP posts to Xenforo, and also sync comments etc.

Do you know if or when you may add these features?

I have to look at the scope of the work, and how i'll be implementing it. At the moment, the implementation I am thinking of involves threads and posts created on xenForo when WP posts / comments are made, but if a reply is made on the thread, it won't be synced over to the comments.

Will WP use the same skin that xF use? Kinda like "wrapping"?

If yes, thats cool cause it will make it look as one website....

Will WP use the same skin that xF use? Kinda like "wrapping"?

If yes, thats cool cause it will make it look as one website....

There is no sort of theme integration. You'll likely have to customize your xenForo installation your self. However, it should not be that hard to wrap the header / footer.

Sorry that I have to bother you again but I have on more question/idea.

I guess many of us want to use W3TC and a bridge, right? But both isn't possible because there are problems with the cookies, who handle the single sign on feature, right?

I guess I have more or less an idea or solution for this issue.

Let's say you write an article and it gets automatically a forum thread (doesn't do the plguin atm - but maybe in the future). Right under the article are on or two links instead of the comment section. One says how manys comments are there and one "Write a Comment" or so. Both would lead to the forum thread where you can comment with your normal account.

So, what's the benefits from this? Well, first of all you could use W3TC since you don't need a single sign in feature because you can't comment at the wordpress page directly. Furthermore you would get more clicks. Then everyone who wants to read the comments or write one would visit the forum, which could also lead to more clicks. And last but not least would the website be cleaner. The Forum post itself should be cropped or contain only a link. So you'll avoid duplicated content problems.

I created an example, so that you can see what I mean.

RGvaB6h.jpg

What do you think about that idea?

Could be annoying for people that want to read the comments and have to go to another page to read them.

Secondly, what happens to the users that want to submit content to WordPress, create pages, posts, and other content. All of this requires you to be logged into WordPress.

Well, I guess that's usability against benefits. I know some sites who do this and I don't have a problem with it. But I believe everyone could handle it like he wants since it isn't that hard to replace the comment section with links I guess.

I don't know about the others, but I don't have a problem with it when I need to Log in to both seperatly as long as W3TC is working.Or have I misunderstood the single sign in problem? I thought, that you could still Log in with your normal WordPress account and publish content and so on.

There is no sort of theme integration. You'll likely have to customize your xenForo installation your self. However, it should not be that hard to wrap the header / footer.

In other words, if i install that bridge, my WP website will have its own, wp skin or it will use xf's one?

Well, I guess that's usability against benefits. I know some sites who do this and I don't have a problem with it. But I believe everyone could handle it like he wants since it isn't that hard to replace the comment section with links I guess.

I don't know about the others, but I don't have a problem with it when I need to Log in to both seperatly as long as W3TC is working.Or have I misunderstood the single sign in problem? I thought, that you could still Log in with your normal WordPress account and publish content and so on.

You login through xenForo, which automatically logs you in to WordPress when the bridge is enabled. You don't login in WordPress.

In other words, if i install that bridge, my WP website will have its own, wp skin or it will use xf's one?

No theme integration, means that your WP site will look like it did before when the plugin was not enabled, and so will your xenForo site.

Yeah, that's clear. But would it be possible to deactivate that feature so that there's just the "WordPress post to Xenforo thread" feature left. (Supposed it will be implemented sometimes)

With this way W3TC should work because there are no cookies, right?

Do you know what I mean?

Yeah, that's clear. But would it be possible to deactivate that feature so that there's just the "WordPress post to Xenforo thread" feature left. (Supposed it will be implemented sometimes)

With this way W3TC should work because there are no cookies, right?

Do you know what I mean?

That's the main feature of the bridge, to create users on WordPress and sign them in. If you remove that functionality, then what's the point of the bridge?

Reactions: DBA
The point would be - at least for me, to create automatic threads for every WordPress post, so that you can comment directly on xenforo.

I stated above why that's enough for me; W3TC compatibility, more comment features (Xenforo editor vs WordPress editor), more clicks and a cleaner website.

But that's all hypothetical and just an intellectual game (right word for it?).

The point would be - at least for me, to create automatic threads for every WordPress post, so that you can comment directly on xenforo.

I stated above why that's enough for me; W3TC compatibility, more comment features (Xenforo editor vs WordPress editor), more clicks and a cleaner website.

But that's all hypothetical and just an intellectual game (right word for it?).

For you to be able to create threads for posts, the users have to be identical on both platforms, hence the user integration is necessary because of it.

I Agree. I also need something that works the OTHER way around. Allows wordpress to create a user and also creates a Xenforo account at the same time. A user logs in via wordpress then automatically is already logged into Xenforo through single signon. The avatars match and xenforo avatars replace the wordpress avatars. Wordpress handles it's own comments but there is a tab in the user profile area of Xenforo to see users comments on articles, "show all comments".

Most websites that have Wordpress are using it as their CMS homepage and have a forum as an addon element.

I believe there is a STRONG market for this type of bridge. But no developers seem to see the potential for it. They are all Xenforo-centric and not looking at the larger picture. The one who realized this will surely reap the financial benefits.

For you to be able to create threads for posts, the users have to be identical on both platforms, hence the user integration is necessary because of it.

Okay, thanks.

I have only one last idea or rather question: would it be possible to create an extra forum account as "News Bot" who is connected with the Author, Admin, whatever group write posts on wordpress and which creates the Threads? Is there any way to "hardcode" (sorry, I don't know how to call it) the connection or so, so that there's no need to connect the other wordpress and xenforo accounts which means, that you wouldn't need to use cookies?

Or is there absolutely no way to build a plugin which creates new Xenforo threads AND is compatible with W3TC?

Sorry that I bother you so much.

Top Bottom